Old September 1st 03, 11:40 PM
Miles

Default Looking for Heathkit 412-12 or 412-13 neon lamps

Anyone have a source or possibly cross reference to something new for
these lamps?

They are to a Heathkit GW-32 CB transciever (circa 1965). I have this
as an unbuilt kit I'll put up for sale once I inventory and obtain all
missing parts. So far these neon lamps are the only thing I can't locate.

Old September 3rd 03, 04:06 AM
Jim Adney

On Mon, 01 Sep 2003 15:40:02 -0700 Miles
wrote:

Anyone have a source or possibly cross reference to something new for
these lamps?

They are to a Heathkit GW-32 CB transciever (circa 1965). I have this
as an unbuilt kit I'll put up for sale once I inventory and obtain all
missing parts. So far these neon lamps are the only thing I can't locate.

Doesn't the manual give the commercial equivalent? I doubt if you're
ever going to find exact Heath replacements, and it's hard to imagine
anyone who would care.

IIRC, the Heathkits I've built may have come with bulbs in envelopes
marked with the Heath number, but inside there was a standard
commercial bulb with the standard commercial number marked on it.

-
Jim Adney
Madison, WI 53711 USA
Old September 5th 03, 12:00 AM
Jim Adney

On Tue, 02 Sep 2003 21:45:21 -0700 Miles
wrote:

Nope. The manual does not give any specs or equivalent parts. This is
a circa 1960's kit. The bulbs I have do not have any markings on them
at all. Possibly faded with age. I found with a bit of searching that
a few heathkit bulbs with very close P/N's are NE2 bulbs. If thats what
the ones I need are then it will be easy to find a modern replacement.
It puzzled me because the series resistor used with these is 470K which
seems high.

Are these just wire leaded (baseless) bulbs? If so, then an NE-2 is
probably what they used. These were common then, and I think you'd get
useful light and extremely long life out of one with a 470K in series.

Look at the schematic, too. It's possible that it was not driven off
the AC line. If it's driven off the B+, then the 470K becomes more
reasonable.

-
Jim Adney
Madison, WI 53711 USA

Hint on replacement for Yaesu panel lamps Carl R. Stevenson Equipment 4 January 16th 04 05:35 PM
Hint on replacement for Yaesu panel lamps Carl R. Stevenson Equipment 0 January 3rd 04 03:23 AM
Nordmende Globetraveler Super dial lamps Robert Sarbell Shortwave 2 October 13th 03 02:52 AM
Lamps? Bob Swap 90 September 26th 03 05:26 AM
Lamps? Bob Homebrew 0 August 26th 03 10:37 PM