Old September 9th 03, 03:50 AM
Russ

Default LM Freq Meter

A WWII vet friend of mine wants to find a home for his navy LM freq meter.
If you know your old time military radios, especially shipboard stuff,
you'll remember the LM as the frequency standard for tuning up those big ol'
black transmitters and receivers from the 1940s.

He doesn't want money for it; only to find it a good home. Includes
matching (by serial number) calibration chart, maintenance manuals, and AC
power supply. Needs some tubes, but is said to be otherwise complete and in
good condition.

Direct inquiries to "Otis" at . (Remove NIX in
the e-mail address.) I suggest you at least offer to pay the shipping.

--Russ, KG7OR

Old September 9th 03, 04:47 PM
OCEANRADIO

I am not a WWII vet but think I remember seeing an LM or maybe a BC221 aboard a
Navy C118 enroute Lajes, Azores in 1962.
I think the way it was used was to tune the receiver, which was something like
a BC348. You'd set the actual assigned frequency on the frequency meter, tune
the receiver to that frequency, and operate. The transmitter was an ART-13, I
think.
Last week at the FAR hamfest in Md. I gave away an LM that was broken, but
neglected to bring the manual. If the recipient is reading this, please let me
know and I'll ship you the manual.
John
K4XC
Old September 9th 03, 05:07 PM
Caveat Lector

NAVY MODEL LM SERIES
CRYSTAL CALIBRATED FREQUENCY
INDICATING EQUIPMENT

We had them in Navy R7V-1's during the forgotten war (Korea)
The Navy Super Constellation was equiv to Air Force C-121
http://home.planet.nl/~raaph019/constellations.html
Yep used with ART-13 BC-348 and other gear
Was not fun using the interpolation tables

For pics and description -- URL: http://www.maritime.org/radio-lm.htm
For R7V-1 Avionics ARC's, APS, ARN, etc see URL:
http://www.ac6v.com/mats.htm

--
73 From The Signal In The Noise
Caveat Lector Ya All