Old September 24th 03, 10:57 AM
David Little

Default Commercial UHF?VHF HTs FS/FT

Looking to Sell/Swap the following:

(7) Relm PT46B - Handheld UHF, 6 Channel, 4 Watt Transceivers with BP700
(7.2 VDC 700 mAh) Battery pack , Belt Clip and Antenna.
$55.00 each

(5) Relm PT46B - Handheld UHF, 6 Channel, 4 Watt Transceivers - no battery,
belt clip or antenna
$35.00 each

(8) Relm PT56B - Handheld VHF, 6 Channel, 5 Watt Transceivers with BP700
(7.2 VDC 700 mAh) Battery, Belt Clip and antennas
$50.00 each

(6) NEW BP700 (7.2 VDC 700 mAh) Battery Packs - Still in original packaging
$30.00 each (these will be offered with the 5 PT46B units that don;t have
batteries first, then made available as spares.

Single items can go via USPS priority mail for $5.50 each. Multiple items
will go via
the most reasonable carrier; I find that USPS is best up to 4 pounds, then
FEDEX ground.

Shipping to be paid by buyer. I can accept PayPal, money order, or personal
check
(personal check will delay shipping until check clears). I can provide
references in the
form of eBay feedback. I have been buying and selling in the newsgroups for
at least
5 years; on CompuServe and fidonet for 5 years before that.

On the units that come with batteries - Batteries are holding charge. Out
of the lot of 18 used batteries; 2 wouldn't hold a charge and 1 had one of
the plastic "slide rails" broken. I haven't tried to actually duplicate
usage
over a sustained time, but can confirm that none of the batteries have gone
down sitting after being charged in a 5 to 7 day period.

These HTs are programmable, hi/lo power switchable (mechanical), Tone
squelch and , busy channel lockout options. All seem to work OK.
Good overall cosmetic condition; some have IDs painted on them, non have any
engraving on the case or batteries (that I have seen).

I have one (1) charger with the lot, and it will go when all are spoken for.
It is a Relm Model BCS Battery Charger and it uses a wall wart that outputs
12 VDC @ 80mA. It is a drop in desktop base with detachable wall wart.
Looks a lot like an old Icom charging base, but I am not sure of the contact
positions being correct of the voltage requirements being the same..

I also have one of each that have bad internal Speakers. I have them
patched with a temporary fix, but don't know how long it will last. They
are available without battery, belt clip or antenna for $35.00 each.

When the smoke clears, I may have some extra antennas and belt clips.

If these prices are not reasonable, please let me know, with a link to
current pricing for these models in the used market.

I would consider swapping for high-end Nextel cell-phones; Current models or
late models that are clear for activation. Other consideration given for
good quality PDA and accessories that can be used for mobile data logging or
data acquisition.

Other trades may be considered. This is a good chance for someone to add to
a fleet of radios. I hate to go to eBay with these, almost as bad as I hate
to see them go to waste...

email responses to
please