Old October 10th 03, 05:34 AM
Brenda Ann

"Harry" wrote in message
snippage
We finally have adults in the White House

Whom? We have "Bring 'em on" Bush, "It's mine, and you can't have it"
Cheney and "I'm going to take my ball and go home" Ashcroft... none of those
sound too mature to me. Perhaps the White House janitor??

Old October 10th 03, 06:50 AM
Brenda Ann

"Dragon Doctor" wrote in message
On Fri, 10 Oct 2003 13:34:00 +0900, "Brenda Ann"

wrote:
Whom? We have "Bring 'em on" Bush,

That's better than cowering in the corner afraid of what the second raters

of
the world will think about what has to be done.

It's an adolescent attitude at best, and not the sort of attitude that
should be demonstrated by someone with as much power as the President of the
United States. FDR and Truman weilded the same power (as did JFK), and
never used such juvenile invective. To my best knowledge, only Bush and
Reagan ever had such an attitude, which could well lose us every ally we
have.

It's mine, and you can't have it"Cheney and

I don't know where you got that or, what context it may have been in at

the
time, but as a simple declaration of private property ownership; it

works...is
it not indecisive enough for you?

I'm referring here to the information asked by Congress about his dealings
with the power industry, which he basically told them he was not going to
proffer.

"I'm going to take my ball and go home" Ashcroft...

You'll have to provide a cite for that one, I'd like to see it in context.

I'm talking here about Mr. Ashcroft's attitude that he is above the law of
the land. In the Moussoui (sp?) case, he refuses to obey Federal Court
edicts, and when told by those courts that he can't have everything his way,
his retort is that he will remove the case from the Courts and hold a
military tribunal. Our own Attorney General, and our Justice Dept. are bound
by the Constitution. And like Mr. Moussoui or not (and no, I don't), he has
the same rights to a trial as anyone else accused of a crime in the United
States.

None of those sound too mature to me.

You have the sensibilities if a spoiled 5 year old girl, you see anyone

and
everything as a threat if it is in the least bit forceful and confident.

I'm at a loss to understand your logic, or frame of reference here. How
does it make me a spoiled child if I hold the people that run my country to
adult standards, and not those of playground bullies and childish taunters?

Old October 10th 03, 10:38 PM
Harry

Brenda Ann wrote:

It's an adolescent attitude at best, and not the sort of attitude that
should be demonstrated by someone with as much power as the President of the
United States. FDR and Truman weilded the same power (as did JFK), and
never used such juvenile invective. To my best knowledge, only Bush and
Reagan ever had such an attitude, which could well lose us every ally we
have.

Are you talking about the UN? Who needs them?
Most of them are third world terrorists and
despots. Since when do we leave the defense of
our nation to third world tinhorn dictators?
We are the only world super power and everyone
knows it. They respect us. Millions of people
are dying to get into this country every year.
Why? Because they hate us? Give me a break.

Here is another clue. September 11 2001.
Do you recall what that day was like?
That is the day America and the world
changed forever. Whether you like it or
not we must and we will defend ourselves
and that includes preemption if necessary.

I'm referring here to the information asked by Congress about his dealings
with the power industry, which he basically told them he was not going to
proffer.

Listen to this carefully. IT IS NONE OF THEIR BUSINESS!!!
It is called the separation of powers. What do you think
the leftists would say if Cheney asked to see notes of
their meetings with other leftists. They would tell him
to take a hike. Rightfully so. Get a grip for pete's sake.
He was having a meeting about meeting the demands of the
nation's energy needs. Who would you invite to that meeting,
Bono? The answer is NO not Bono, but energy experts. Do
you see a pattern emerging here? Listen to the people who
know what they are talking about.

I'm talking here about Mr. Ashcroft's attitude that he is above the law of
the land. In the Moussoui (sp?) case, he refuses to obey Federal Court

Say what you want about Mr. Ashcroft, but he
and the rest of the Bush administration are the
only ones who remember 9-11. Those 10 idiots
running for president don't have a clue.
Thank God none of those pinheads are in charge.
We would be bowing down at the feet of the UN
and asking for their permission everytime we
went to the bathroom.

None of those sound too mature to me.

No they wouldn't sound mature to a pacifist.
But you or I don't get to decide. And that is
a good thing because we don't have all the
information that the White House has. Who are
you to play Monday morning quarterback?

everything as a threat if it is in the least bit forceful and confident.

I don't even know what that drivel is about.

Look, I'll say it again. We are the superpower.
I know you leftists hate that but it is fact.
What do people hate the Yankees? Because they
always win. I know you don't think it is fair,
but guess what, TOO BAD. You "hate America"
people need to wake up. We could wake up tomorrow
to a terrorist attack far worse than 9-11.
We are fighting an enemy that does not wear
a uniform. He could be your next door neighbor.

Get it through your thick skull, It is all about
the survival of our country and life as we know it.

Old October 15th 03, 02:33 PM
Miles

Brenda Ann wrote:
I'm talking here about Mr. Ashcroft's attitude that he is above the law of
the land. In the Moussoui (sp?) case, he refuses to obey Federal Court
edicts, and when told by those courts that he can't have everything his way,
his retort is that he will remove the case from the Courts and hold a
military tribunal. Our own Attorney General, and our Justice Dept. are bound
by the Constitution. And like Mr. Moussoui or not (and no, I don't), he has
the same rights to a trial as anyone else accused of a crime in the United
States.

What you are talking about is attempting to fight terrorism by using
police tactics. This method had been used for decades most notably
under Clinton and failed miserably. Terrorism can't be fought by police
tactics. Military tribunals are constitutional.

Estate sale Dan/W4NTI Equipment 0 October 19th 03 09:00 PM
Estate sale Dan/W4NTI Boatanchors 0 October 18th 03 11:43 PM
Estate sale Dan/W4NTI Equipment 0 October 18th 03 11:43 PM
Estate sale, antique electronics Bob Swap 0 September 17th 03 05:48 PM