Old October 13th 03, 07:35 PM

On Mon, 13 Oct 2003 15:23:17 UTC, "GS"
wrote:

To email me remove NOSPAM from my address:

For Sale:

Pair of Hallicrafters S-40b receivers. One is
really ugly - all the paint is gone completely. The
other looks nice but the transformer puked.
But there is enough here to make 1 good one,
with parts left over.

Not worth much I know - and shipping will be
expensive. But I thought I'd post one last time before
they get parted out and the chassis go out in the
trash. I've never gotten around to combining them
and I know I never will.

Any reasonable offer - locals preferred (Tacoma, WA)
but will ship via UPS if you pay for it! They weigh over
25 pounds each.

DON'T HIT REPLY - paste in my email address and
remove 'NOSPAM' -

In ebay, there is feedback. In usenet, this is the best I can do.

About three weeks ago, greatsurplus listed five 2-meter HTs. I
bought them, sent the money, About a week and a half after I mailed
the payment, the radios arrived here on the East Coast.

Well packed, exactly the units described. Exactly as described,
maybe a little better than I imagined.

He said that the battery packs would need refilling but one
actually had a slight charge.

I checked them out. They all receive and sound good. The audio is
strong, the squelch works. The transmitters work and sound good
too. I don't have a VHF wattmeter but I can key up 01/61 just fine
on the low power setting.

On my frequency counter, one radio was a little off frequency but
hardly worth opening the case to tweak the trimmer.

buy with confidence....

de ah6gi/4

visit groups.yahoo.com/group/codenocode for a flamefest.
groups.yahoo.com/group/amateur-repairs for fixing
www.kiyoinc.com/heathstuff.html for heathkit comments

Old October 13th 03, 07:44 PM
GS

buy with confidence....

Wow - thanks so much for the nice commentary. I try
to be a straight shooter, both with FS: items as well
as Ebay items.

Very best of 73,

Dave WB7AWK