Old November 17th 03, 11:33 AM
Bob

Default FA: AOR AR8600 Followup

Lots of eMail on this radio so apparently I did a rather poor job with the
ad. Sorry... In any case, here are answers to the most common questions.

1) Advertised frequency range; 530 kHz to 2040 MHz but the radio actually
covers down to 100 kHz. No gaps.

2) The included software is from BuTel. WebCatcher is included and
intergral to this latest 1.10 version. Cost about $70 and in my opinion
worth it.

3) I am the original owner and the radio has relatively low hours non-
mobile use.

4) I've primarily used this radio with a simple collapsible whip antenna
and an AOR MA500 mounted on indoors windowsill. For my needs the whip
worked great.

5) Finally, I can't really offer much comment on the current ability to
import radios with full frequency coverage. I do know that a friends order
for a similar radio was delayed at the US border which required quite abit
of creative explanation and additional fees to complete delivery. Perhaps
this is a function of 9/11.

Subject: FA: AOR AR8600 Radio
Newsgroups: rljames:rec.radio.swap

Outstanding performance and feature European model radio
for auction on eBay http://tinyurl.com/uyu3

433MHZ modules followup Joe Homebrew 0 April 29th 04 01:24 AM
433MHZ modules followup Joe Homebrew 0 April 29th 04 01:24 AM