Old December 13th 03, 10:53 PM
MGALUVR

GS wrote:

Even if you HATE Ebay posts - just look at this thing!

I would have gone for it, but there didn't appear to be
any simple way to add the WARC bands! Is there a kit available? :-)

Irv VE6BP
--------------------
WHAT??
No WARC band capability with this little gem? Thats a shame...You would think
that with their obvious attention to detail they would have thought of that
capability.I'm sure the next model will have WARC. Once they start cranking
these precision engineered masterpieces off the assembly lines, and they catch
on with the ham community they will no doubt have it. But the obvious research
and development costs, and the cutting edge technology used to create the amp
itself probably drained their available resources .... at least for the time
being anyway.....Just another example of a company that was probably
undercapitalized and didnt have the funds to "go the extra mile" and make this
"dream amp" a reality......
What a damn shame........
Old December 13th 03, 11:24 PM
Noon-Air

"MGALUVR" wrote in message
GS wrote:

[...]

WTF....all it need is a little spray paint :-)

Old December 16th 03, 10:36 PM
George R. Gonzalez

Well, it may be a little rough, but it's metered, cooled, shielded, labeled,
and inexpensive. It may have even worked, after a fashion. And it's lasted
for several decades too.

I'd rather have it than some of the sleek-looking but useless stuff made
nowdays....

Old December 17th 03, 12:07 AM
Mitch

I think MFJ should take notice, they may produce better looking amps but not
necessarily better performing. If this thing lasted a couple of years it
was way better engineered and yes, better constructed than their Mirage
crap...