Old December 23rd 03, 11:12 PM
Rick

Fascinating,

I invite everyone to look back and read all the postings in this thread (and
variations of it) and look at the level of intellect, courtesy, and
technical competence displayed by each side.

Now examine which group ('pro-CW and/or elevated standards' vs. 'anti-cw /
free-for-all') launched personal attacks, engaged in name calling, ridicule,
etc.

Also look at which side views spectrum use as a 'right' vs as a 'privilege'
(even though the law clearly defines it as a privilege - clearly some don't
like to see it that way.)

If one had to trust the keys to the kingdom to one of the groups to keep
things in order, it's painfully obvious which side keeps a cleaner house.

Draw your own conclusions, but with respect to others, let's get this group
back to rec.radio.SWAP and not rec.radio.code.or.no.code please.

I invite those truly concerned to write (not email) their appropriate
government representative, the FCC, and the ARRL to voice their concerns.

Dragging it repetitiously through here is not going to solve anything.

Rick
.... -.-

Old December 23rd 03, 11:35 PM
ergo

u dont get it.
we are having fun here
only the serious are upset

"Rick" wrote in message
[...]

... -.-

Old December 24th 03, 01:28 AM
WA8ULX

Draw your own conclusions, but with respect to others, let's get this group
back to rec.radio.SWAP and not rec.radio.code.or.no.code please.

Amazing, if your scaning Messages and it says BYE BYE CW, and your not
inyerested in the subject, WHY DO YOU OPEN IT AND READ IT?
Old December 24th 03, 04:08 AM
Brian Denley

Brian Oakley wrote:
When ham radio gets easier, as evidenced by the attitude of the
no-code technician posts, it will become more caotic. Soon every car
audio dealer will have all band all mode stuff out of china on the
air in every car, just like they are trying to do to the GMRS radio
service with the advent of the GMRS/FRS combo talkies, and all you
hear on them is garbage from folks that dont know how to be
respectful. And why? Because they didnt earn the PRIVILAGE (not "the
right") to be on the air and therefore treat it cheaply.

How will learning cw teach me to be respectful? Some of the hams I listen
to lately sound like uneducated morons. It seems to me that nocoders will
greatly improve the spelling of current ham crop!

--
Brian Denley

Old December 25th 03, 05:12 PM
Albert Dente

On Wed, 24 Dec 2003 04:08:22 GMT, "Brian Denley"
wrote:

How will learning cw teach me to be respectful?

You will never know unless you try!

Old December 25th 03, 05:22 PM
Albert Dente

On Sat, 20 Dec 2003 00:26:17 GMT, "ergo" wrote:

with you extras huh
i have 4 more states on 6 needed
ctrl opp on 10 repeaters
acs
antennas and coax donated to fire station
good ham 12 years
stuff it

Somebody hand him a big medal please.

Oh... and polish his halo while you are at it!

LOL...

Old December 25th 03, 05:23 PM
Albert Dente

On Sat, 20 Dec 2003 02:50:50 GMT, "ergo" wrote:

So Soon we will have our HF freqs.
Then this will be meaningless.

Like all of your conversations, eh!

Old December 25th 03, 05:28 PM
Albert Dente

On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 12:31:55 -0800, "ff-paramedic"
wrote:

Being that I have been a ham for over 25 years, passed the code at age 11
and passed all the exams to become an Extra class, I guess I am afforded the
opportunity to be "elitist". If a few more people wanted to earn their
tickets instead of having them handed to them, maybe we'd see more
appropriate behavior on the bands, and more people would be opposed to the
"hand them a ticket" attitude.

Right on!

Old December 25th 03, 05:29 PM
Albert Dente

On Thu, 18 Dec 2003 00:43:16 GMT, "ergo" wrote:

i can not use my call as olde fartz wont talk to me when i get to be general

Oh you mean that "HF" callsign you used to use on 27.8 MHz
- no wonder!

Old December 25th 03, 06:05 PM
Albert Dente

On Tue, 23 Dec 2003 18:12:31 -0500, Rick wrote:

If one had to trust the keys to the kingdom to one of the groups to keep
things in order, it's painfully obvious which side keeps a cleaner house.

Yes, and the other side doesn't know how to use a KEY anyway!

LOL!