Old December 14th 03, 02:51 PM
ac5tx

To dumb to learn CW??? Sad , how sad
"Hamguy" wrote in message
Just because my Great Grandfather had to 'crank start' his car, we should
ALL have to learn how to do it prior to driving. And his wife had to use a
'crank style' telephone, therefore we ALL should have to master that
technology PRIOR to using a cell-phone just because they did.

Additionally,
we should ALL have to learn the computer language known as 'Basic' or
'Fortran' PRIOR to using a PC because I and so many others had to learn

it.
And EVERYONE should be required to learn an antiquated mode known as CW
before they get on HF because some 18th century guy invented it. Either
catch-up with the times, or get the HELL out of the way! Like it or not,
CW is TOAST!

Old December 14th 03, 09:38 PM
GaijinGig

I'm thinking that the reason we have these folks who want it easy is
because the band activity was slowly dying off, so to get more people
into the hobby -so it would not DIE altogether we have all these
non code types... we have no one to blame but us... the CW hams!!
n2jhs
5wpm, tech plus or what ever i'm called now...
-
On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 08:51:51 -0600, "ac5tx" wrote:

To dumb to learn CW??? Sad , how sad
. ..

Old December 17th 03, 02:17 AM
Tony Hwang

Hi,
Dumbs can be taught, it may take longer.
Lazy whiny buggers are no good for anything.

Old December 17th 03, 03:13 AM
Brenda Ann

ac5tx wrote:

To dumb to learn CW??? Sad , how sad
"Hamguy" wrote in message

People don't seem to get the concept of the difference between 'stupid' and
'ignorant'. The truly stupid cannot be taught, at least without great
effort. The ignorant simply don't know anything about a given subject, and
can be taught. The lazy are another thing entirely, and can be either
stupid or ignorant, and not WANT to learn.

Old November 12th 05, 03:01 AM
Junior Member

Angry

I think it is just time realize that no one is going to use CW anymore. Sure a horse get you from A to B. How often does that happen when ther are cars around. CW is going to go away and there is nothing a person can do about it.

You hope all you want the keep it but it will do you no good. The world changes ham radio is dying and that is just the way it is.

Ham radio has changed and has become advanced CB operators some of which are EXTRA License holders. Like getting drunk ON HF and being a pain in the neck to others is a good example.

Old November 12th 05, 12:42 PM
YT

Default Bye Bye CW

Well believe it or not there are still plenty of Amish folks around here
with their horses. They don't care what anyone else thinks. They just do
what they do.

And yes, 80m phone is a pain in the ass.

"hamradiostuffing" wrote in
message . ..

--
hamradiostuffing

Old November 20th 05, 08:52 AM posted to rec.radio.swap
Josh

I think not ! Lovers of Morse are the musicians of WIRELESS

Always will be - CW LIVES

from CW Zealot !

"hamradiostuffing" wrote in
message . ..

Old November 20th 05, 03:41 PM posted to rec.radio.swap
Caveat Lector

Well during the ARRL Field Day, 2005, there were over 500,000 CW contacts
made from 2212 entrants
Thats just one weekend bucko.
See QST December 2005

--
CL -- I doubt, therefore I might be !

"hamradiostuffing" wrote in
message . ..

Old November 20th 05, 05:44 PM posted to rec.radio.swap

Its those other 363 1/4 days in a year you have to justify now....

FWIW, the FCC, ITU, IARU, WARC and a few other Alphabet-Soup organizations
don't share the zeal that you and the ARRL do concerning CW. Maybe that
should serve as a small hint.

As it stands now, even the most casual disinterested observer has come to
the conclusion that CW as a requirement is detrimental to the Amateur Radio
Service's survival.

I personally like the appeal of Nostalgia. I have some old tube items,
collect old glass bottles, some coins, etc. However - I haven't tried to
make that a requirement for the continuation of life for anyone around me.

Your mileage may vary. I have friends who, on occaision, have to re-shoe
their horses. However, they don't petition the State Police to make Shoing
a Horse a requirement for getting a Driver's License.

For those who seem to be a little shy on observational capabilities, digital
is most likely here to stay. ISDN specs ushered in during the late 1980s
and early 1990s should have been a dead give-away to this trend; and that
was nearly 2 decades ago.

The lack of acknowledgement of the ARRL to the changing times has already
taken a large toll. I hope the coming restructuring, in regards to dropping
CW, isn't too little too late.

For those diehards that want to punish every one with CW as a requirement,
the younger Hams have formed an organization of their own; "Pallbearers 'R
Us", and they will most likely get the last word in the matter.

Pound Away,

David
KD4NUE

Old November 20th 05, 06:38 PM posted to rec.radio.swap
Caveat Lector

Well at URL:
http://www.hornucopia.com/contestcal/contestcal.html

Find at least 40 more CW Contests ONLY
Not counting the ones that are both CW and SSB

Just listen to the bands -- ANYTIME -- loaded with CW signals