Old January 7th 04, 02:04 AM
Edflicek

Default WTB: Charger for a Radioshack HTX-202 HT

I am looking for a charger that will charge my 13.8v. NiCd battery on the above
radio.

Thanks,

Ed
Old January 7th 04, 04:07 AM
KC2FTN

Any 12 volt, 100-300 milliamp hour (maH) charger will work for your 202.
Just make sure the polatities are correct. Radio Shack will help you on
this.

Mike KC2FTN

Old January 7th 04, 01:02 PM
AA

Any 12 volt, 100-300 milliamp hour (maH) charger will work for your 202.
Just make sure the polatities are correct.

Radio Shack will help you on this.

Heh...don't assume that! Gave my brother one of those little RS
dualbanders...he took it by RatShak and the saleskid handed him a premade
auto-power setup for the HTX245...or so he said. As my brother was in a hurry,
he took the saleskid at his word....turns out it was 12V straight thru instead
of reducing to 6V needed by that radio. Tough to get that smoke back into
those little black components!

They've got to buy him a new radio now.

ALWAY VERIFY power & polarity....ESPECIALLY if a salesperson says, "don't
worry, its the right one!"

(in sales, too. Big things, not retail stuff)

(PS. Won't the Icom H16/U16 charger also work?)
Old January 7th 04, 05:54 PM
Robert Kubichek

Isn't the 202 the lookalike 02AT from Icom???
ANd wouldn't the Icom desktop charger work with it??
I know the Maha charger will charge it up..

Bob N9LVU