Old February 10th 04, 11:24 PM
bb

Default Looking for good 160/80/40 m old tube rig???

I'm interested in AM on these bands. My modern rig isn't good
for AM.

I'm looking for comparisons of different older tube rigs like
the DX 100, Viking, etc.

The most reliable and easy to use is what I want the most.
Do any cover all 3 bands?

Old February 11th 04, 04:21 AM
bunnydawg

An eico 753 is about the easiest to use if you don't mind the weight. Oh and
the drift which if i'm not mistaken there is a mod for. You need to find
one that includes the power supply tho. It would be the cheapest not to
shabby rig for a beginner. It"s what i started with.
I saw one for sale on www.qrz.com but i can't recall if the power supply was
sold with it. I believe it is a tri bander but i can't recall what bands.
Robert
VE3 something or other.

Old February 11th 04, 11:18 AM
AO KD5FXT

DX-60 by Heathkit
Old February 11th 04, 06:44 PM
John

I personally like the old receivers for AM too - my favorite is my
Hallicrafters SX-28 - a true boat anchor (heavy as an anchor too!) but
simply a wonderful radio to listen too for hours on end.

They're kind of pricy, and not found too often for sale, but with luck you
may be able to find one...

John

Old February 13th 04, 07:20 AM
bunnydawg

Damn i hate when i miss the merely obvious. Sorry.
Robert

"Dave Edwards" wrote in message
Eico 753 for AM??
Not likely!

.. .

"bb" wrote in message

I'm interested in AM on these bands. My modern rig isn't good
for AM.

I'm looking for comparisons of different older tube rigs like
the DX 100, Viking, etc.

The most reliable and easy to use is what I want the most.
Do any cover all 3 bands?

1930's Futuristic Wood Radio has been called the "Searchlight radio" by some [email protected] Boatanchors 0 January 12th 05 05:01 PM
1930's Futuristic Shortwave Wood Radio - Searchlight radio - info wanted [email protected] Shortwave 0 January 12th 05 04:56 PM
Need "Original" (1937 era) 6U5 Tuning Eye Tube Mdcalvert Boatanchors 1 April 7th 04 11:06 PM
Tube tester query? k3hvg Boatanchors 4 February 2nd 04 01:47 AM
FS: Old tube sockets, 4, 5, 6, 7 pin, Hammurlund, GR, ceramic, phenolic,matching plugs, extenders Al Schapira Boatanchors 0 January 19th 04 10:54 PM