Old February 20th 04, 09:23 PM
AO KD5FXT

Default Ebay? Message? hoax or real?

anybody else get this.....

Dear eBay User,
During our regular update and verification of the accounts, we couldn't verify
your current information. Either your information has changed or it is
incomplete.
Please update and verify your information by clicking here and signing into
your account. If the account information is not updated to current information
within 5 days then, your access to bid, buy or sell on eBay will be restricted.

Thank you
Accounts Management

Copyright 2003 eBay Inc. All Rights Reserved.

As outlined in our User Agreement, eBay will periodically send you information
about site changes and enhancements. Visit our Privacy Policy and User
Agreement if you have any questions.

Announcements | Register | SafeHarbor (Rules &
Safety) | Feedback Forum | About eBay

------

Copyright 2003 eBay Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective
owners.eBay and the eBay logo are trademarks of eBay Inc

Old February 20th 04, 09:30 PM
Nitespark

AO KD5FXT wrote:
anybody else get this.....

Dear eBay User,
During our regular update and verification of the accounts, we couldn't verify
your current information. Either your information has changed or it is
incomplete.
Please update and verify your information by clicking here and signing into
your account. If the account information is not updated to current information
within 5 days then, your access to bid, buy or sell on eBay will be restricted.

Thank you
Accounts Management

Copyright 2003 eBay Inc. All Rights Reserved.

As outlined in our User Agreement, eBay will periodically send you information
about site changes and enhancements. Visit our Privacy Policy and User
Agreement if you have any questions.

Its a hoax. Don't click on it. Just copy and forward it to Ebay Fraud
section. They are just trying to get your password and any other
information.

--

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only
because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

George Orwell

Old February 20th 04, 10:09 PM
AO KD5FXT

I did report it and I am trying here to give others a heads up on this, but
have gotten a few "smart ass" responses. Thanks Nitespark. I appreciate a
good and honest answer.
Old February 20th 04, 10:19 PM
MR NO SPAM

Hell, if I don't receive two of those hoaxes a week, I'm not getting any
mail at all. One ass hole had his name in there, too bad for him! He was
using a Yahoo account. The whole thing was sent to E-Bay Fraud. MNS.

Old February 20th 04, 10:42 PM
Ronny Julian

Yep, refreshing on here. Rare!

I too love an honest answer....

Old February 21st 04, 01:03 AM
gil

I also got one like it, mine said that I owed $15. but did not have a link
with the email, it said to go to the billing section on eBay ??
Gil

--
Please remove NOSPAM to reply

Old February 21st 04, 01:36 AM
MR NO SPAM

There are apparently a lot of suckers who fell for the Nigerian Scam. I'm
talking the likes of Doctors, Lawyers, etc. WHAT IDIOTS! I have no sympathy
for them. They should have known better. My reply to those idiots was to
pound that scam up their ass. I hear a few got rounded up a week or so ago -
in Newfoundland - I believe. Good for them. MNS.

Old February 23rd 04, 12:05 AM
Nc183d

Hi,
Its a scam that tries to get your information. Report it to eBay.
Been there. Seen that one.
rgds,
Mark S.