Old March 18th 04, 01:04 AM
N4ATS

Default Whats a Brand New Kenwood TL-922A Worth?

Whats a Brand New Kenwood TL-922A 2KW Amplifier Worth? I have one , it
is way to heavy for my bench. It is BRAND NEW NEVER USED! Whats it
worth? Please email me at

N4ATS

Old March 18th 04, 08:13 AM
Incognito

High price on e-Bay was around $1200 as reported by Hampedia -- URL:
http://aade.com/hampedia/kenwoodp.htm

But "Collector Quality Mint " MAY draw more.
If it is as you say, A collector will pay considerable more for it on E-Bay
than the guy around the corner.

However the last "mint" TL-922A on E-Bay went for $867

Keep in mind these amps do not cover the WARC bands. A draw back to many
buyers

Incognito By Necessity (:-(

If you can't convince them, confuse them.
- - -Harry S Truman

ink.net...

Old March 18th 04, 09:03 PM
Snoopydawg

"Incognito" wrote in message news:XSc6c.19552$Nj.2045@fed1read01...
High price on e-Bay was around $1200 as reported by Hampedia -- URL:
http://aade.com/hampedia/kenwoodp.htm

But "Collector Quality Mint " MAY draw more.
If it is as you say, A collector will pay considerable more for it on E-Bay
than the guy around the corner.

However the last "mint" TL-922A on E-Bay went for $867

Keep in mind these amps do not cover the WARC bands. A draw back to many
buyers

Incognito By Necessity (:-(

If you can't convince them, confuse them.
- - -Harry S Truman

"N4ATS" wrote in message
ink.net...
Whats a Brand New Kenwood TL-922A 2KW Amplifier Worth? I have one , it
is way to heavy for my bench. It is BRAND NEW NEVER USED! Whats it
worth? Please email me at

N4ATS

One thing is you take a risk putting it up on ebay. I have never
really been to happy with that service. For one it costs to much to
post. Two people won't buy what they bid on. Three ebay does nothing
about it. Four its so easy for people to lie about you. In my opinion
ebay SUCKS! I have had to many bad experances and not enough good to
out weigh the good. Enough of that!
The TL 922 Kenwood amp is a good looking amp and it was the mate to
the 930 and 940 kenwood radios. Single 3-500 is the tube that in that
amp. That amp also has alot of problems in the relay curcuit and in
the band switch. The band switch isn't heavy enough for the amount of
power going through it. Its a one kilowatt amp not two.
If you want to know more about the curuit fixes for the amp check out
this
http://www.somis.org/922.html
Its worth is not much more then a SB 220 or SB 221. If the
curcuit fix has been done than it might be worth 800 to 1000 bux.
73 Snoopydawg
Old March 18th 04, 09:31 PM
Clif Holland

"Snoopydawg" wrote in message
om...
"Incognito" wrote in message

High price on e-Bay was around $1200 as reported by Hampedia -- URL:
http://aade.com/hampedia/kenwoodp.htm

But "Collector Quality Mint " MAY draw more.
If it is as you say, A collector will pay considerable more for it on

E-Bay
than the guy around the corner.

However the last "mint" TL-922A on E-Bay went for $867

Keep in mind these amps do not cover the WARC bands. A draw back to many
buyers

Incognito By Necessity (:-(

If you can't convince them, confuse them.
- - -Harry S Truman

"N4ATS" wrote in message
ink.net...
[...]

Wrong.
It uses 2 3-500Z's, not 1.
It does not have a problem with the bandswitch, it is a heavy ceramic one.
The relays are not a problem, again very heavy.

Maybe you have it confused with a CB amp.

--
Clif Holland, KA5IPF
AVVid

www.avvid.com

1-800-214-5779
972-870-0630 (Local)

Old March 18th 04, 09:32 PM
J999w

We have a TL-922 at the U of Wis -Milw radio club and we (I) used to beat the
#$%^ out of it. That is a very good amp.

Doesn't answer your question, but I'm sure there are others that really like
this amp.

jw
wb9uai

Old March 19th 04, 12:54 AM
hi-matic 11

Hell... I make a killing when I sell via Ebay. Have only had 1 or 2 folks in
several hundred not pay. The ones with zero feedback seem to pay the
quickest. Most folks pay within an hour after the sale via Paypal. Most are
thrilled when they get the merchandise. Not uncommon for me to make a few
hundred off of $100 worth of hamfest buys. Kind of considering giving up my
real job and doing it full time. Could probably make a decent living if I
gave it the effort it deserved.

Old March 19th 04, 01:55 AM
Ardvark

Like i said the dealer in TX K5MDM hear about this, it
wind up on his website making another 30% profit.
Because all those 7.245 bunch worship his ass like he's some
kind of damn profit or else!

XE2___ south tx.

Old March 19th 04, 04:05 PM
radioranch

I hear about everything , and most folks that arent too wormy, are glad
for my service's..Whats your you reputation wet back? You cant even
spell prophet! Most people cant spend the day and nite watching the
internet like you AND me. And my rigs are always checked, fixed and
gauranteed 100%...another big problem with many sellers. If I could
make 30% this wouldnt be my retirement hobby either. It would be worth
listening to trolls like you. Sounds like a bunch of Ardvark doo-doo
to me. LOL M

Old March 19th 04, 04:20 PM
nospam

Hi Murray, I see that you are on here name calling and putting people
down again. Why dont you be nice and maybe someone will buy your crap.