Old April 7th 04, 05:41 AM
CW

Default FS: MTR2000 VHF Repeater

FS: Motorola MTR2000 T5766A VHF 100 Watt repeater in like new
condition. Repeater is just under 5 years old and was a standby unit
in a system that recently converted to 800 so it has almost no use.

Before you ask, it will not operate in the 2 meter band. It receives
the entire 2 meter band, but the transmitter will not program below
150 Mhz. There may be some programming trick to make it do so, but I
have not found it ( and I HAVE looked) ((If you don't want to buy the
repeater, but know how to make it work on 2, please let me know))

Repeater only, no duplexer or other accessories. $1500 shipped
anywhere in the U.S.A. Prefer paypal. E-mail
Old April 8th 04, 10:33 AM
jerham

Can't you just replace the exciter board?

I am in the same boat..

Old April 9th 04, 05:26 AM
Photodano1

As I recall I dont think Motorola has one that will go that low.
Old May 30th 12, 06:36 PM
Junior Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by CW View Post
FS: Motorola MTR2000 T5766A VHF 100 Watt repeater in like new
condition. Repeater is just under 5 years old and was a standby unit
in a system that recently converted to 800 so it has almost no use.

Before you ask, it will not operate in the 2 meter band. It receives
the entire 2 meter band, but the transmitter will not program below
150 Mhz. There may be some programming trick to make it do so, but I
have not found it ( and I HAVE looked) ((If you don't want to buy the
repeater, but know how to make it work on 2, please let me know))

Repeater only, no duplexer or other accessories. $1500 shipped
anywhere in the U.S.A. Prefer paypal. E-mail
Will buy it if it is available.
Old June 1st 12, 12:39 PM
Senior Member

That is too much money.

You can buy a real repeater for less then that.

You can convert a 460 mhz Motorola down to 440 by looking at the BatLabs site.

Depending on model - you can have it recrystaled or reprogrammed.

Someone here just doesn't know what they are doing, and does not know much about repeaters.

We have built them out of old cop car radios for years.

Sinitar, Micor, Mitrex etc are all easily modifiable.

HELP: 2 meter repeater intermod problem from pager transmitters Photoman General 5 December 26th 04 08:27 PM
HELP: 2 Meter Repearter intermod from 2 Pager transmitters near repeater site Photoman Equipment 12 December 22nd 04 06:17 PM
HELP: 2 Meter Repearter intermod from 2 Pager transmitters near repeater site Photoman Equipment 0 December 21st 04 01:48 AM
CW Testing Question Mike Coslo Policy 52 May 29th 04 09:24 AM
Repeater experts....HELP! me Equipment 0 November 13th 03 01:49 PM