Old May 17th 04, 12:43 AM
Steve Uhrig

Default Portable UHF repeater FS

Available is a new ICOM UHF repeater model PAN420S.

It consists of two ICOM F420S mobiles stacked in a chassis with
internal duplexer and controller. Radios are 4 channel 35 watt, UHF.
ICOM claims MIL 810 C/D/E for shock and vibration. It is a formal
ICOM product, not a homemade one.

There is room inside the chassis for an internal power supply. Right
now it has a power cable for an external 12VDC supply or batteries.

Antenna connnector is an N female. All duplexer connections are
internal but easily accessible by removing the lid.

Currently programmed for a 463/468 splinter channel with tone PL with
TX set to 15 watts. Can be retuned with appropriate ICOM software and
cable, and retuning the duplexer. I do not have the software.

Chassis has a fan for cooling. Controller is simple with no user
options. Controller is true COR sense, not a VOX controller. The
radios have data connectors which are used for the controller
interface. Can operate in local mode by flipping a switch.

On others I have mounted a carrying handle, but this one does not have
a handle. Mobile radios are stacked. Entire chassis is about the size
of the mobiles but 4x as high. It's a nice, compact, reliable and
friendly package. Use for small area coverage repeater for
conventions/trade shows, executive protection, surveillance, hamfests,
emergency communications, whatever. No end of applications. Can use
with a mobile antenna on top of a file cabinet, or auto, or attached
to drop ceiling runners, or to a cookie sheet for portable
application.

Retail was $2514. ICOM dealer price was $1509.

Sell for $650 + ship. That's less than half dealer price for a new
unit. Can take credit cards and will ship internationally.

Holler if interested.

Steve

Steve Uhrig, SWS Security, Maryland (USA)
Mfrs of electronic surveillance equip
website http://www.swssec.com
tel +1+410-879-4035, fax +1+410-836-1190
"In God we trust, all others we monitor"