Old June 16th 04, 01:09 AM
Clif Holland

Default AVVid Closing

Fellow amateurs and customers;

It is with mixed emotions that I announce that I will be closing AVVid in
the month of July. I have enjoyed 23 years of amateur radio repair with the
last 12 as an owner operated shop. While it is great to own your own
business days off and vacations are non-existent. I'm ready for a vacation.

To allow time for a timely shutdown I will not accept any radios for repair
after June 25th. All radios received prior to that will be repaired. If
parts are not available or are backordered the radios will be returned. The
30 day warranty will be honored for all radios that I repair even if it
extends past the end of July.

To my thousands of customers, THANK YOU, you are truly great.

If anyone would like to own an established shop call me.

--
Clif Holland, KA5IPF
AVVid

www.avvid.com

1-800-214-5779
972-870-0630 (local)

Old June 16th 04, 02:59 AM
Randy Chavis

I am sorry to hear you are closing. You are one of the best in fixing radios
that I have found and have been very pleased with your work and prices.. You
will be missed because it is hard to find a good honest person to do busness
with..

Randy Chavis (since 1970)
WB4UNA

ARS: WB4UNA
Randy Chavis
247 Goff Court
West Columbia
S.C. 29172

Old June 16th 04, 05:11 AM
Ed

Cliff,

Though I have never used your services, I have seen innumerable
positive references to your work. I am sure your shop will be sorely
missed, but good luck in your "retirement".

Last question: Do you recommend any alternative service centers to your
own?

Ed

Old June 16th 04, 04:24 PM
Bob Miller

On Wed, 16 Jun 2004 00:09:35 GMT, "Clif Holland"
wrote:

Fellow amateurs and customers;

It is with mixed emotions that I announce that I will be closing AVVid in
the month of July. I have enjoyed 23 years of amateur radio repair with the
last 12 as an owner operated shop. While it is great to own your own
business days off and vacations are non-existent. I'm ready for a vacation.

To allow time for a timely shutdown I will not accept any radios for repair
after June 25th. All radios received prior to that will be repaired. If
parts are not available or are backordered the radios will be returned. The
30 day warranty will be honored for all radios that I repair even if it
extends past the end of July.

To my thousands of customers, THANK YOU, you are truly great.

If anyone would like to own an established shop call me.

Clif, thanks for fixing my old '80s vintage Icoms recently. Question,
why do I use next time they go on the blink :-(

Enjoy the retirement...

bob
k5qwg

Old June 16th 04, 05:08 PM
Ron

Looks to me like a lot of Ham are going to have to learn how to fix
their own equipment. Maybe someone can get Cliff into putting together
some lists of common fixes for some of these radios that he was been
fixing for all these years. Cliff you will need something to do with
all this new found time you are going to have.

Hate to see you go away completely,
Ron WA0KDS

wrote:

[...]

MSF Time and Frequency Station Closing for Essential Maintenance Mike Terry Shortwave 1 September 18th 04 06:04 AM
FINLAND-Not closing yet dxAce Shortwave 0 June 19th 04 12:16 PM
Closing tomorrow on Ebay: TRAM TITAN II 23ch CRYSTAL AM/SSB CB TUBE BASE STATION J F Moore CB 0 April 10th 04 01:55 AM
Closing In On Twisty Get Twisty CB 5 December 6th 03 12:11 AM
AVVid Clif Holland Swap 4 July 8th 03 12:16 AM