Old November 30th 04, 12:11 AM
Ben

Strange, in my country if we buy an item we call it *buying* for cash,credit
etc. never heard it called swapping though. Although I did swap one radio
for another one once.
Ben

"PowerHouse Communications" wrote in message
Any way you look at it, you are still swapping. Swapping a radio. gear,
etc. for cash, credit, etc... It's all a swap!

"Ben" wrote in message

I thought this was a group for *swapping* radio's etc.
Not for selling, auctioning or wanting to buy.
Ben

Old November 30th 04, 12:14 AM
Keyboard In The Wilderness

From Merriam Webster:
Main Entry: 1swap
Pronunciation: 'swäp
Function: verb

transitive senses
1 : to give in trade : BARTER b : EXCHANGE 2

intransitive senses : to make an exchange
---------------------------------
So I guess one can give money in trade or exchange, but many would say
swapping is cashless. Maybe from our childhood -- I'll swap ya three green
marbles for that black one. A Superman for a Batman (comics)

Then there is Husband Swapping (sic)

I certainly don't swap for my groceries -- I buy by paying cash,
credit, or food stamps (just kiddin on the food stamps)
Old November 30th 04, 12:14 AM
dxAce

Ben wrote:

Strange, in my country if we buy an item we call it *buying* for cash,credit
etc. never heard it called swapping though. Although I did swap one radio
for another one once.

Then you just learned something.

Bravo for you. Been a while, hasn't it?

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old November 30th 04, 12:21 AM
Keyboard In The Wilderness

Me thinks we are mincing words folks

--
The Anon Keyboard
I doubt, therefore I might be

"Keyboard In The Wilderness" wrote in message
From Merriam Webster:
Main Entry: 1swap
Pronunciation: 'swäp
Function: verb

transitive senses
1 : to give in trade : BARTER b : EXCHANGE 2

intransitive senses : to make an exchange
---------------------------------
So I guess one can give money in trade or exchange, but many would
say swapping is cashless. Maybe from our childhood -- I'll swap ya three
green marbles for that black one. A Superman for a Batman (comics)

Then there is Husband Swapping (sic)

I certainly don't swap for my groceries at the super market -- I buy
by paying cash, credit, or food stamps (just kiddin on the food stamps)

I might attend the farmers market and swap a bushel of apples for a bushel
of corn -- but the apple crop was poor this year hi hi
.
An aside the word comes from:
Etymology: Middle English swappen to strike; from the practice of
striking hands in closing a business deal

--
The Anon Keyboard
I doubt, therefore I might be

Old November 30th 04, 12:32 AM
N4ATS

I actually thought this was a "Ham" news groups , not CB...

Old November 30th 04, 05:07 AM
Dan Conti

I thought this was a group for *swapping* radio's etc.
Not for selling, auctioning or wanting to buy.
Ben

Just like rec.radio.shortwave is supposed to be for, well SHORTWAVE!

Old November 30th 04, 01:34 PM
Scan Da Bands

+4db +2db 0db +2db +4db

noise............................................. ..Signal

remove SPAMSUCKS to reply
Old November 30th 04, 02:39 PM
PowerHouse Communications

Did you just pull that out of your back-side? Who has said anything about
CB or HAM. We are talking RADIOS here. Nobody has indicated any specifics
within that category... Until your comment that is.

"N4ATS" wrote in message
k.net...
I actually thought this was a "Ham" news groups , not CB...

Old December 2nd 04, 06:00 PM
Roger

On Sun, 28 Nov 2004 18:50:59 GMT, "-Ron"
wrote:

Why post 10 or 20 separate Items of Ebay and not say something like "FA:
list"
-Mar

I just scan the group looking for items. If I don't see them in the
title, I'll likely skip the post. However, "Cleaning out garage", or
"Divorce sale" will get my attention... some times.

The same goes for "Wanted" items. If I see something I might have, or
be able to help with, I read it, but if it only says "Wanted" I'll
rarely take a look.

I don't care if it's FS, FA, for trade, or help me get this crap out
of the garage before my wife divorces me. OTOH if I see the same post
in a number of groups I'll likely skip it regardless of what it
contains.

In short; If it's not in the subject line I'm unlikely to see it.

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com