Old December 6th 04, 04:38 AM
Grümwîtch thë Ünflãppåblê

"Evan Platt" wrote in message

:
: So I'm curious what your suggestion is to make sure a CB'er doesn't
: buy it.
:

For starters, keep it off the eBay dump site, a notorious avenue for CBers
bent on obtaining a "foot warmer".

Then ask for a call sign and match up to shipping address via QRZ.COM. No
match, no sale.

73,

Barnabas Grumwitch Overbyte
--
"All persons, living or dead, are purely coincidental, and should not be
construed."

Old December 6th 04, 08:27 PM
Evan Platt

On Mon, 06 Dec 2004 04:38:25 GMT, "Grümwîtch thë Ünflãppåblê"
wrote:

For starters, keep it off the eBay dump site, a notorious avenue for CBers
bent on obtaining a "foot warmer".

Then ask for a call sign and match up to shipping address via QRZ.COM. No
match, no sale.

So no CB'ers have ham licenses? Interesting.

Old December 7th 04, 05:05 PM
Evan Platt

On Sun, 05 Dec 2004 21:25:57 -0800, Bill Turner
wrote:

Ship only to licensed hams with addresses verified at qrz.com.

So no CB'ers have Ham licenses.

Gotcha.

Old December 8th 04, 07:47 PM
Mel A. Nomah

"I Smac" wrote in message

: I'm dying to know, what was the piece and what was the offer?

It was a Central Electronics 600L. The offer was $1,000. We left it open
for blind bids for 3 more days, and that offer prevailed.

Old December 12th 04, 05:37 AM
I Smac

A respectable offer on a nice vintage piece.

: I'm dying to know, what was the piece and what was the offer?

It was a Central Electronics 600L. The offer was $1,000.

A question about etiquette Mel A. Nomah Boatanchors 22 December 12th 04 05:37 AM
Interesting question JAMES HAMPTON CB 3 December 7th 04 09:34 AM
A question about etiquette Mel A. Nomah Boatanchors 0 December 4th 04 04:52 PM
Question regarding police tactics and scanners noobie Scanner 0 July 29th 03 12:48 AM