Old April 4th 05, 07:08 PM

Default FS: Military VHF Amplifier

**** VHF Amplifier ****

Late '70's vintage likely Military, probably airborne, VHF power
amplifier assembly. It consists of 7 almost identical amplifier
assemblies clustered around a central housing that has splitter
combiner networks which are plugged onto each end with a bunch of SMB
connectors. There are TNC's for the main in's & outs. I think it was
originally configured as one amp, driving two, driving four boards. The
complete assembly measures 7.5" x
5" x 3.5" overall -- the individual RF amp boards are 4.5" by
2". The outer covers are mostly missing. Each amplifier is a push
pull design -- they appear to be 50 ohm in & out impedance with either
PT6747 or PT6702 TRW transistors. I would guess this unit operates on
28VDC. I don't know what frequency range it covers nor the power level
though, just guessing, it probably puts out at least 100W. And there
is no manufacturer name -- probably went with the outer cover. Six of
the modules are marked OK and one, the input stage I think, is marked
NO
Good. The individual amps have integral heat sink plates so, they
could be removed from the assembly and used separately. Think of it as
7 amplifier boards @ $10 ea -- Bare PCB's would cost as much! -- $60

Plus shipping, if necessary, naturally.

Contact: Marv WC6W 310 649 3111 (reasonable hours Pacific Time
please)

*