Old July 4th 05, 02:50 AM
Neil

Default Old QSL card wanted from my wife's father (now deceased)

Looking for an old QSL card from Merle Green (now deceased) of Baltimore MD.
Probably from the 60's or 70's

Want to give my wife a remembrance of her father.

--
Neil
Almost All Digital Electronics

Old July 4th 05, 04:01 AM
Z.Z.

Neil wrote:

Looking for an old QSL card from Merle Green (now deceased) of
Baltimore MD. Probably from the 60's or 70's

Want to give my wife a remembrance of her father.

Do you know his call sign? That would make it easier...
Old July 4th 05, 12:39 PM
nitespark

Neil wrote:
Looking for an old QSL card from Merle Green (now deceased) of Baltimore MD.
Probably from the 60's or 70's

Want to give my wife a remembrance of her father.

Chances are if it were from that era, her father kept a logbook of all
contacts, which at the times was required by the FCC. If you can locate
a logbook, you may look over some of the calls and run them through
QRZ.com and see if any of them are still around or may have a card.

Andy
Old July 4th 05, 04:59 PM
Neil

Sorry no, but it has to be a W2.
I'd rather not ask her as I don't want to disappoint her if I can't find
one.
But thanks for asking.

Old July 4th 05, 05:01 PM
Neil

Thanks for the interest but he passed away over 30 years ago and 3000 miles
away.
Kind of why I'm thinking about a special rememberance for her.

Old July 4th 05, 05:43 PM
nitespark

OK...perhaps a google search of any local radio clubs in the area where
he lived. Perhaps some of them may know some of the old timers that
were around then and could give you some leads.

Neil wrote:

Looking for an old QSL card from Merle Green (now deceased) of Baltimore

MD.

Probably from the 60's or 70's

Want to give my wife a remembrance of her father.

Chances are if it were from that era, her father kept a logbook of all
contacts, which at the times was required by the FCC. If you can locate
a logbook, you may look over some of the calls and run them through
QRZ.com and see if any of them are still around or may have a card.

Andy

--
I have never met a liberal street cop.