Old July 19th 05, 03:15 PM
Mike

Default FS: Radio Marine manuals....

FS: I have about 5 or 6 legal size boxes of Marine radio service manuals.
I got them from a friend who used to work at Radio Holland in Houston. They
service shipboard radio equipment and when the ships dumped HF radios for
satellite stuff he got a pile of their old manuals. No, I am not going to
look for a specific manual in all that stuff but I am going to offer it all
as one lot to whomever might need the stuff. Some of the names I saw in
there (many more too) are Sailor, Motorola, Data Marine, SAIT, Marconi
Marine, MacKay, Icom, Debeg, etc. If anyone is interested before I post it
all on eBay, let me know. $125 takes all. Located in TX 77840.

Old July 19th 05, 06:36 PM
Woody

Wow, you're really going to cripple yourself doing that. Unless a marine
radio shop is just starting up when you
post your auction, you may not have good luck selling like that.

You're obviously sitting in the middle of A&M, so grab a math prof... if you
have 80 manuals, I'm sure they'll sell for $10 each plus shipping.
That's 800 bucks. A chunk of change for only spending a few hours one
evening sorting and stacking
those manuals by brand, and [gulp] spending 2 minutes checking for one when
somebody asks.
Plus the ones you'll remember and not have to check for... ?
Now what you need the math prof. for is to calculate what percentage profit
you make with 0 investment/$800 return.
[I'm no math whiz, but 100% isn't the answer....]

And to answer the next pressing question....

Because I don't have the $325 to buy them. [The $125 for you and the $200
for 4-5 UPS boxes of dead weight.]

If you see the light or bust them up on ebay one at a time, please post your
user ID.
I need a Motorola Micom manual
and Motorola or Triton Autotuner manual. ... and I'll give you $30 shipped
for them, if they're there.

thanks!
rb

Old July 20th 05, 03:50 AM
clfe

"Mike" wrote in message
FS: I have about 5 or 6 legal size boxes of Marine radio service
manuals. I got them from a friend who used to work at Radio Holland in
Houston. They service shipboard radio equipment and when the ships dumped
HF radios for satellite stuff he got a pile of their old manuals. No, I
am not going to look for a specific manual in all that stuff but I am
going to offer it all as one lot to whomever might need the stuff. Some
of the names I saw in there (many more too) are Sailor, Motorola, Data
Marine, SAIT, Marconi Marine, MacKay, Icom, Debeg, etc. If anyone is
interested before I post it all on eBay, let me know. $125 takes all.
Located in TX 77840.

They "should" be able to be sent via the Postal Service using "Media Mail"
which is a hell of a lot cheaper than UPS even for Ground Shipping. Sure,
they may take a couple days or so longer to get there, but if you're not in
a real hurry for them, why pay out the ass?

As to the manuals themselves, unless they're sold to someone in a "maritime"
rich area, they may be useless to others. Most in "those" areas who do that
sort of repair may already have them, so then what you're left with is
"reference manuals" that someone may buy a few years from now when they
happen on one of those "Boat Anchors". IF they don't sell for the $125, drop
the price OR put them on E-Bay. There is no guarantee even on E-Bay.

Good luck!

clf

Old July 20th 05, 08:15 PM
Me

In article ZSaDe.12451$2h1.8471@trnddc05,
"Woody" wrote:

I need a Motorola Micom manual
and Motorola or Triton Autotuner manual. ... and I'll give you $30 shipped
for them, if they're there.

Is that $30US each?

Me who maybe could be presuaded to let go of my set.........
Old July 21st 05, 04:28 PM
Woody

LOL.... an anon in the shadows wanting my money.....
Imagine that.

Nope, you can't help me because you'll have to come out of hiding...
[that means no PO Boxes and no wireless phone numbers as well... OMG!!]

Lately I've even stopped dealing with yahoo/hotmail and any other online
mail service too.
I've decided that if someone really believes they don't have an email
address from their ISP, [because self-installed
or pseudo-tech installed cable modem/DSL services don't include setting up
the mail program,
or even acknowledge that mail exists.] then they probably can't handle
conducting business with an individual any better.

On your manuals, to satisfy your need to be persuaded ['greed' is the word
you disguise]
if you scan them and sell, you could make 5 times that.
Oh, but wait.. that'll take work, and who on this planet will work for
money?

I tell ya, I'm getting to be quite the cynic anymore. Too many crooks and
morons out there, I suppose.
[don't panic anon, I'm not calling you a crook, just making a point.]

So,
Sorry bubba.... I'm not the average ebayer, I don't persuade anyone to do
anything. Take it or leave it and I'll do the same.
Fair enough?
rb

PS: NO, that would have been $60 shipped for them. 30 x 2 = 60, at least in
the USA.