Old October 23rd 05, 05:19 PM

Default "Mil Spec Radio Gear" -- my new book from CQ Communications

"Mil Spec Radio Gear" is my new book from CQ Communications.
I've put together a cross-section of various military
radio gear starting from the end of WWII and continuing to
roughly present day. It has 230+ pages and 200+ photos of equipment
covering this great hobby. Some of you may remember CQ's original
Cowan series from the 60s including the "Surplus Conversion
Handbook" and others. I've tried to continue that tradition for
post-WWII gear, with lots of extra goodies. Here are some links:

Table of Contents on my updated web page:
http://home.att.net/~night-ops/mmfrancis009.htm

Descriptive flyer:
http://home.att.net/~night-ops/milrad/blurb.jpg

Order from CQ:
http://unix8.sunserver.com/cq/Detail.bok?no=113

Thanks!

--Mark Francis
KI0PF
Old October 23rd 05, 06:14 PM
Ed

"Mil Spec Radio Gear" is my new book from CQ Communications.
I've put together a cross-section of various military
radio gear starting from the end of WWII and continuing to
roughly present day.

Congratulations. Nice looking book, from what I can gather. Even
made it to Amazon listing, though they have it labeled as "Limited
Availability". I may get a copy just to learn about the Mil gear
available.

Ed
Old October 25th 05, 01:13 AM

On Sun, 23 Oct 2005 17:14:33 GMT, Ed
wrote:

"Mil Spec Radio Gear" is my new book from CQ Communications.
I've put together a cross-section of various military
radio gear starting from the end of WWII and continuing to
roughly present day.

Congratulations. Nice looking book, from what I can gather. Even
made it to Amazon listing, though they have it labeled as "Limited
Availability". I may get a copy just to learn about the Mil gear
available.

Ed

Ed,

You can bet I'm looking into fixing that! I've already
zapped off an email to CQ and Amazon and will get
that straightened out post haste. Thanks for the
heads-up.

--Mark