Old December 13th 05, 07:14 AM posted to rec.radio.swap
Woody

Default JAMES BALL, KC8VJE RETURN MY PROPERTY PLEASE.

As the title says.. I need the programming cable you've yet to mail back
after....... how many months?

tnx,
rb

Old December 14th 05, 10:25 PM posted to rec.radio.swap
Woody

Smashing idea! What's his email address?

"Evan Platt" wrote in message
On Tue, 13 Dec 2005 06:14:23 GMT, "Woody"
wrote:

As the title says.. I need the programming cable you've yet to mail back
after....... how many months?

Try private e-mail?

Old December 14th 05, 10:33 PM posted to rec.radio.swap
Wayne

Woody wrote:
Smashing idea! What's his email address?

try according to qrz.com

Wayne, KEØBZ
Old December 15th 05, 12:36 AM posted to rec.radio.swap
Woody

sorry, I was being facetious...

All his email and contact info rotate on a pretty regular basis, any posted
are long dead.... My post was just a shot in the dark.
I've had a rough couple of weeks in here, and with final exams going on to
boot.
:-)
tnx though,
rb

Old December 16th 05, 02:58 AM posted to rec.radio.swap
gundoc

Well good luck with that because it has been a year since I sent him 2
portables for a mobile trade. And he has yet to send me anything back. I
have never had trouble with any ham operators until him.
gundoc

Old December 16th 05, 05:38 AM posted to rec.radio.swap
Woody

Sorry to hear that.

Funny thing about all this... I handed the cable to him. He lives within an
hour or so of me, in the next state. I've done some junk-trading with him,
nothing really major but according to his wife, I always screwed him on
every deal, etc, etc....
Which I find funny, considering I've left upwards of 15-20 radios, mics,
equipment, etc on my deck and called him to just come pick them up for
free...
Useable radios, maxar, mitrek, GE Mastr, HT440 etc.... stuff that was great
sellers to coal-truck drivers and 'rough use' owners. He made a chunk of
change on my gifts, and even told me about it later. [Plus all the little
other gifts here/there] but I was glad to help.... I wasn't going to use the
stuff and don't deal in the 'older' stuff anyway. He comes to my home,
borrows my programming equipment, always welcome, etc... using my stuff to
make money on his selling/trading.... but I'm the bad guy, you see.
As I think about it all, he even chastised me once because I wasn't
available when HE needed a radio programmed, telling me he lost a deal and
it was MY fault. But I'm a forgiving soul, and let stuff like that slide.
Maybe I'm actually just an idiot and I don't know it.

Then we got into a misunderstanding about a trade here in my living room,
He wanted something I had... not sure what.. a lightweight headset and a
handheld...
and offered a mostar and a rough 5-pin maxtrac in trade for that and a
handheld... GP350 or something, low-end..?
He gave me a Mostar... [one of 3 that I gave to him for free 2 months
prior!] that I took, not needing it... but that I'd take it anyway and play
with it, since a mostar is a bit of a novelty anyway, and something to
experiment on. Said I'd either keep it
or sell it off, or brick it while monkeying around, but that a Mostar was
useless without a MIB, so include the MIB with it, and I'll trade [Yes, you
read that right, I traded for stuff I gave away. Just trying to help the
guy, as usual]. Without thinking, I let him borrow my new Kenwood
programming cable as well....

About a week later he called wanting the MIB back, saying that I told him I
just wanted to play with it and, he didn't think I was keeping it.
I explained the deal again, but he persisted; saying that he practically
GAVE me a maxtrac for free anyway, and I should be appreciative.

Holy crap...Well, that's when I boxed up his MIB, Mostar, Maxtrac and
whatever else he ever brought into my house and priority mailed it back to
him.
[at my expense... as usual]
I asked for ZERO in return, save for my programming cable.
He said he would mail my cable back, but as most folks do... he got the ole
"well, if you're gonna be a jerk about it.." attitude, and was just talking
to make noise.
We all know he kept my cable as retribution for "what I did to him", and
being so "mean". If I ever hear from him, I'm sure I'll be barraged with
excuses of hard times and rough life as an explanation for it all... or the
classic... "I was gonna send it back... " HAHA.... there's a side-splitter.

It really doesn't matter I suppose... I'll order another one in a few days,
simply mark him a thief and move on.

And if you're reading this, James.... no excuse is plausable... you lied to
me, you took my property and kept it. My address hasn't changed, my email
remains the same, my phone number hasn't changed, so save the sob stories
and excuses of why you haven't done right. You consciously chose to steal,
no one made you do it.

I'll tell you the same thing I told a some people last week...Facts are cold
and the truth is not always politically correct. I may not be a tender,
loving, warm-hearted teddy bear when it comes to dealing with a greedy
public,
but I don't lie, cheat, steal, misrepresent the truth, tell half-truths,
otherwise ignore the truth or twist facts to get what I want. Especially
money. I can find money lying on the ground sometimes. And when it's spent,
it's gone. However; honesty and integrity has an income that will last you a
lifetime..... and beyond.
Making an honest dollar is not easy. That's why most folks prefer the
dishonest ones.

We'll discuss it on the other side some day.
rb

"gundoc" wrote in message
The last good e-mail I had for him was
gundoc

"Wayne" wrote in message
Woody wrote:
Smashing idea! What's his email address?

try
according to qrz.com

Wayne, KEØBZ

Old December 20th 05, 01:48 AM posted to rec.radio.swap
Brian

if you live so close go over a get it by force

Old December 20th 05, 04:52 AM posted to rec.radio.swap
Woody

Peeps... Trust me, I'd love to go.
contact and residence change with the wind.
If I knew his address, I'd go knockin' and he knows that....
I heard him on a distant repeater not long ago, but by the time I got to the
radio he was gone
and didn't answer, and I haven't heard him since.
He's reading the thread though, so that makes him
liable in the end.

Heck, these days it's not worth chasing $50... it takes that much to go and
return in fuel costs...
I can buy a new cable for $40.
Isn't that pathetic?
rb