Old February 6th 06, 07:06 PM posted to rec.radio.swap
JRS

Default FS: (2) Hallicrafters SX-42 Receivers

For Sale: (2) Hallicrafters SX-42 receivers. First one is in fair to
good physical shape. Cabinet has numerous scratches and paint nicks
on the top and sides. Front panel has some paint nicks, but it is
still in pretty good shape. I powered this radio up through a variac,
and used about 10 feet of wire for an antenna. It received signals on
the lowest 3 bands, but the receiver has its share of hum, probably
due to bad filter caps. Knobs look original. Some damage on the dial
bezel....looks like some kind of logo or badging is broken/missing.
Under the hood, the chassis looks pretty clean. See photos:

http://www.users.fast.net/~n3ab/sx42a.jpg

http://www.users.fast.net/~n3ab/sx42b.jpg

http://www.users.fast.net/~n3ab/sx42c.jpg

The second unit is more of a parts set than anything else. It *might*
be restorable, but it will probably need more time and effort than
it's worth. I never powered it up. No photos available. Its front
panel is in better shape than the first unit, and it has the logo on
the dial bezel.

I bought both of these at hamfests years ago, and never got around to
restoring and/or using them. Health problems dictate me getting rid
of the heavyweights I collected over the years.

Asking $200.00 for both. NO SHIPPING! Pick up only, or I can meet
within 50 miles or so of my home. I live near Allentown, PA. Cash,
cashiers check, money order, PayPal all OK.

Feel free to email me if you are interested. Thanks for reading!

John N3AB