Old May 4th 06, 06:22 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,rec.radio.swap
mike maghakian

Default FS: Sony ICF-5900W

Famous shortwave portable of the past. it was the first low cost radio that
had 5 kHz readout and could be used to DX. I bought one of the first
available in the US in 1976 ! I am not selling that one even though I still
have it ! I am selling an extra one that I have.
many 5900's have the battery door missing. this one HAS THE DOOR. a lot of
them have the pop up whip broken. this one HAS A GOOD WHIP. many have a
broken S-meter, THIS ONE WORKS. also has the carry strap. overall condition
is very good.
fully tested by one of the leading experts on the 5900, ME. I have checked
all the typical problem areas and have disassembled the 5900 and done a
complete checkup and tune up as needed.
price is $135 plus shipping. email me for pics.

For those that are wondering. the RF-2200 came out shortly AFTER the 5900 in
the US and the price was about 50% higher.