Old January 2nd 04, 03:11 AM
'Doc

What does code speed, and Dick Bash have to do with
it? Why not 'male pattern baldness' and dandruf while
you're at it?
'Doc
Old January 2nd 04, 03:19 AM
w4jle

Approaching 50 years as a ham qualifies me to be a certified curmudgeon.
Ergo, it follows that I may purpose any theory I choose for the state of
today's world.

Dick Bash and No/Slow code are further up on my agenda than male pattern
baldness, your mileage may vary...

Old January 2nd 04, 04:13 AM
David G. Nagel

Doc;

If you remember Dick started the practice of publishing the FCC
questions and answers quite a few years ago. This, among other reasons,
lead to the FCC adopting the current testing procedure. While publishing
of test questions did not start with the FCC, the FAA has long published
the actual pilot test questions, I do not see any read loss with the
procedure. If a applicant can memorize 600 to 900 questions and the
correct answers more power to them.

David Nagel WD9BDZ

Old January 2nd 04, 06:25 AM
Cecil Moore

'Doc wrote:
Gee, Cecil, you're right. Lets just pick the rules
we want to obey and forget the rest. That ought to
be okay...

In Louisiana, it is illegal for a husband and wife to engage
in oral sex in the privacy of their bedroom. Do you think all
rules are good rules?
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp

Old January 2nd 04, 07:19 AM
Howard

On Fri, 02 Jan 2004 00:25:49 -0600, Cecil Moore
wrote:

In Louisiana, it is illegal for a husband and wife to engage
in oral sex in the privacy of their bedroom. Do you think all
rules are good rules?

Does that mean they must engge in that act in public?

Old January 2nd 04, 12:27 PM
'Doc

Cecil,
Any excuse will do when you're looking for one. Is
it okay to steal as long as it's under a certain amount?
'Doc
Old January 2nd 04, 12:29 PM
'Doc

Hmm.. You missed the point.
'Doc
Old January 2nd 04, 03:26 PM
Dave Shrader

Your 706 should simply tune the CB in receive mode without ANY
modifications.

I have 27185 KHz [Channel 19] programmed into mine [706 MKIIg] and
monitor the interstate traffic as I drive along.

NO MODS NEEDED!!

Paul Jordan wrote:

SNIP

I'm looking for a way to open up my 706 to 11 meters (a.k.a. Citizens Band)
because the local snow plowers in the area use that band and I work for
them. I've got my 706's mounted in my trucks and I'd rather not mount a CB
radio and another antenna in the trucks.

SNIP

Old January 2nd 04, 04:06 PM
Cecil Moore

Howard wrote:

wrote:
In Louisiana, it is illegal for a husband and wife to engage
in oral sex in the privacy of their bedroom. Do you think all
rules are good rules?

Does that mean they must engage in that act in public?

Heh, heh, guess I should have said, *even* in the privacy of
their bedroom.
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp

Old January 2nd 04, 04:35 PM
Cecil Moore

'Doc wrote:

Cecil,
Any excuse will do when you're looking for one. Is
it okay to steal as long as it's under a certain amount?

Violation of an individual's property rights obviously does harm.
Using an IC-706 at 3 watts AM on a CB frequency does no harm (except
maybe to the FCC's ego).

I break the law every time I drive my pickup to town. There is a law,
circa 1900, still on the books here that requires motorized vehicles
to notify the sheriff before driving to town. Now that you know,
are you going to call the sheriff the next time you drive through
Madisonville, TX?
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp

stub for 20 meters Iol Antenna 0 November 20th 03 03:42 PM
Wanted: 23cms preamp and linear amplifier Al Bolton Antenna 0 November 1st 03 04:31 PM
Wanted Icom HM-14 Mic Tom S Antenna 0 September 2nd 03 12:46 PM
WTD: TECH MANUAL WANTED nbr Antenna 0 August 6th 03 03:07 PM
Wanted: SWAN Mobile Antenna Info Norm VE3CZI Antenna 4 July 18th 03 10:44 PM