Old August 8th 06, 03:39 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default Engineers

Any Tom, Dick and Harry can copy and build a circuit out of a book.

But it takes a top-class engineer just to look at a strange circuit
and describe what it does, how it works.

These days, there are mostly Tom's, Dick's and Harry's!
====================================
Amendment -

For "circuit" read "antenna".

"Tom's, Dick's and Harry's" has replaced "old wives". ;o) ;o)

====================================

Old August 8th 06, 05:26 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default Engineers - Photo 16b.jpg (0/1)

On Tue, 8 Aug 2006 15:39:16 +0100, "Reg Edwards"
wrote:

Any Tom, Dick and Harry can copy and build a circuit out of a book.

But it takes a top-class engineer just to look at a strange circuit
and describe what it does, how it works.

These days, there are mostly Tom's, Dick's and Harry's!
====================================
Amendment -

For "circuit" read "antenna".

"Tom's, Dick's and Harry's" has replaced "old wives". ;o) ;o)

====================================

Hello Reg,

I haven't previously tried to attach a jpg file in this arena, but I'm going to
try. If my jpg file comes through, can you describe what it does and how it
works?

Walt, W2DU
Old August 8th 06, 05:39 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

wrote:

Any Tom, Dick and Harry can copy and build a circuit out of a book.

But it takes a top-class engineer just to look at a strange circuit
and describe what it does, how it works.

These days, there are mostly Tom's, Dick's and Harry's!
====================================
Amendment -

For "circuit" read "antenna".

"Tom's, Dick's and Harry's" has replaced "old wives". ;o) ;o)

====================================

Hello Reg,

I haven't previously tried to attach a jpg file in this arena, but I'm
going to
try. If my jpg file comes through, can you describe what it does and how
it
works?

Walt, W2DU

Rats, now you have me intrigued Walt. Too bad the pic did not work.
Just tried to post a picture, but it seems there is a filter on the NG to
prevent such postings.

Reg, have made a lot of progress in developing a NEC 4 model
of a 100 radial system. Just have to iron out a few bugs. When this
is completed I can try some high frequency models.

Frank

Old August 8th 06, 06:02 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

wrote:

[...]

Hi Frank,

I used the 'help' menu in Agent, but it doesn't seem to let me post an
attachment. Guess, like you said, it must be an NG rule that prevents it.
Anyhoo, jist fertheleovit, I'm going to email you the jpg file fyi.

Walt, W2DU
Old August 8th 06, 06:08 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On Tue, 08 Aug 2006 16:39:13 GMT, "Frank's" wrote:

"Walter Maxwell" wrote in message

Rats, now you have me intrigued Walt. Too bad the pic did not work.
Just tried to post a picture, but it seems there is a filter on the NG to
prevent such postings.

Reg, have made a lot of progress in developing a NEC 4 model
of a 100 radial system. Just have to iron out a few bugs. When this
is completed I can try some high frequency models.

Frank

Frank, I tried to send the jpg file to you via email, but the server rejects
your address. Can you email me so I can have your correct address?

Walt

Old August 8th 06, 06:16 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Hi Frank,

I used the 'help' menu in Agent, but it doesn't seem to let me post an
attachment. Guess, like you said, it must be an NG rule that prevents it.
Anyhoo, jist fertheleovit, I'm going to email you the jpg file fyi.

Walt, W2DU

Yes Walt, I got a message in the send window that said the NG rejected it.
Don't forget to removed the "nospam." from my e-mail address, also note
the period after the "m"., which must also be removed.

Will be curious to see the jpeg, but doubt I will be smart enough to figure
it out.

Thanks,

Frank

Old August 8th 06, 07:11 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

wrote:

Any Tom, Dick and Harry can copy and build a circuit out of a book.

Hi Reggie,

You prove you can write in English, but equally proven is that this
post is as obscure as reading Beowulf. However, it is equally notable
that most English speakers have some of the poorest grammar:
These days, there are mostly Tom's, Dick's and Harry's!

where possessive case substitutes for plurals.

Is this the standard troll, or whining? Do you somehow feel
disappointed that Engineers don't create art? Has your esteem for
British luminaries suddenly dimmed by their lack of imagination?

I for one cannot imagine Bill Thomson sitting on a Parisian sidewalk
doing chalk copies of renaissance art - unless he was anticipating
your holiday so as to wing that chalk off your noggin.

Or perhaps you pine for the lost opportunity of Auguste Rodin
sculpting Pascal code out of marble. Whoops! A frog there. Perhaps
a Tom Gainsborough sloshing the paint to rummage up an astable
multivibrator.

Oh for the days when they were mostly Toms, Bills, and Augustes....
and Marcels - "À la Recherche du Temps Perdu" Now there's a French
sleeping pill no engineer would copy.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC
Old August 8th 06, 07:15 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Frank's wrote:
Just tried to post a picture, but it seems there is a filter on the NG to
prevent such postings.

Yep, this newsgroup was chartered as ASCII only.
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp