Old September 17th 06, 06:45 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default and amps 12v regulator?

On Sat, 16 Sep 2006 22:47:22 GMT, ml wrote:

how did you come by this kinda cable?

Hi Myles,

Just wire. Speaker cable if I recall. Its the connector plugs that
are what I paid attention to. They are properly called "anderson type
disconnect" or "fork lift connectors." The specific SMH boxed part
no. is SY6319G1. An example is found at:
http://www.electricvehiclesusa.com/p.../ds-124103.htm
and is rated at 50A.

ive seen these batteries alot so to get
12volts (ish) you have to put them in series so then you only end up
w/25amps no? and i am guessing your load isn't 25amps

In series, yes. A standard configuration.

The load can be intermittent to 25A, and it is the peaks that can pull
the voltage and push a circuit into reset. One of my rigs is a Drake
TR7 that I had to rebuild. It will output 150W.

my goal was to get a few days of normal op on battery a little math
showed i'd need to dedicate a room for the batteries and my budget will
go bust just on those 2 d sized units which i havn't found around nyc
'used'''

That's hard to believe, especially when I found two batteries for the
price of less than one cell. (Of course, I also get to rummage
through a store called Boeing Surplus. Avionics trash is other
industry's gold.) Most folks simply buy a deep cycle RV or Marine
battery.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC
Old September 17th 06, 04:15 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default gerry12v regulator?

I have a W4RRY battery booster and it works. It is useful to extract
the useful charge out of a lead-acid battery. I have an FT-857D, and
that gives up at about 11.5V... long before my marine battery is out of
useable charge. The battery booster fixes this... of course, if your
rig will run properly down to 10.5V, don't use it. It will probably
increase your battery drain.

Dan