Old July 20th 03, 07:15 PM
W5DXP

Default 60 meter ERP

Edward Lewis wrote:
I just read the QST article on 60 meters and I have some questions.
The FCC said that 50 watts ERP is allowed and a half wave dipole will
be presumed to have a gain of 0 dBd. iI don,t think most hams will put
up a dipole for 60 , but will use existing antennas such as 30 40 or
80 meter dipoles.how would you calculate the ERP for these antennas to
be in compliance with the FCC.

I suspect the FCC would be satisfied with EZNEC modeling results.
Give him four uninterrupted hours, and Reg will have a software
package for it. :-)
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp

Old July 21st 03, 02:18 PM
KA9CAR

Reg has had that software on his site for years. It is called Dipole3.exe.
That is what I used to document my antenna for 60 meters.

KA9CAR

"W5DXP" wrote in message
Edward Lewis wrote:
I just read the QST article on 60 meters and I have some questions.
The FCC said that 50 watts ERP is allowed and a half wave dipole will
be presumed to have a gain of 0 dBd. iI don,t think most hams will put
up a dipole for 60 , but will use existing antennas such as 30 40 or
80 meter dipoles.how would you calculate the ERP for these antennas to
be in compliance with the FCC.

I suspect the FCC would be satisfied with EZNEC modeling results.
Give him four uninterrupted hours, and Reg will have a software
package for it. :-)
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp

The Cecilian Gambit, a variation on the Galilean Defense revisited Richard Clark Antenna 11 July 24th 03 07:30 PM
BV02-4 2m yagi - Steve Antenna 9 July 19th 03 05:30 PM
2 meter tv twin (300ohm) J pole question 'Doc Antenna 2 July 18th 03 03:21 PM
Help with 900Mhz turnstile.... [email protected] Antenna 9 July 17th 03 06:58 AM