Old December 28th 06, 04:32 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default Code Free "It's part of the dumbing down of America," according to CDC

"merlin-7" wrote in
:

Odd thing that happend in the uk after code was dropped...code useage
went up...
Joe

"Stefan Wolfe" wrote in message
SAN FRANCISCO: It may be the ultimate SOS.

Morse Code is in distress.
While the decision had been expected, some ham radio operators fear
that their exclusive club has been opened to the unwashed masses
- and that the very survival of Morse Code is in question.
The demise of the Morse requirement, however, could be a boon for ham

radio
itself. After the FCC decision, demand for information
about radio licenses surged from about 200 in a typical weekend to
about 500, according to the American Radio Relay League, an
organization representing ham radio operators.
"It's part of the dumbing down of America," said Nancy Kott, editor
of

World

The whole quote was:

“It’s part of the dumbing down of America,” said Nancy Kott, editor of
World Radio magazine and a field representative for the Centers for
Disease Control and Prevention in Metamora, Mich. “We live in a society
today that wants something for nothing.”

At what point is the potential Ham Dumb and wanting something for
nothing?

Was it when they lowered the requirement to 5 wpm for all license
classes? Speaking of 5wpm, were all Novices dumb and looking for
something for nothing? And were Generals and advanced just dumb enough,
and just looking for something for almost nothing?

I'm just about at the point of thinking that Morse CW use *will*
increase after the test requirement goes away.

I wonder what type of antennas the new dumb hams will use - just to
bring this on topic, since it's crossposted to an rraa.

- 73 de Mike KB3EIA

Old December 28th 06, 03:00 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.amateur.antenna

John Smith I wrote:

I thought the CDC was in Atlanta and World Radio was in 6-land?

hhac:

Implementing logic, I'd venture a guess the CDC has an outreach program
in SF. SF has a major segment of the queer population in America, the
aids disease is out of hand.

Although aids is insignificant when compared to cancers death toll and
there IS a cure for aids, tons of money gets thrown at it while cancer
goes wanting.

If I was forced to venture a guess further, I'd almost bet Ms. Kott is a
lesbian (that is just a personal opinion and guess!) I am almost always
leery of lesbians, too often we end up in competition over the same
women, and they get angry if they lose!

And, I'd suspect (I never have checked) the amount of male licensees
must out number female licensees 10:1 or better, heck it could be 100:1;
If it is as I suspect, Ms. Kott is a lesbian, what better hobby to find
if you are into male bashing? (she'd just love to make a bunch of
"dumbed down hams" out of the amateur population)

Regards,
JS

With all of the "dumb and dumber" crap that gets posted here, this
pretty tops even Markie. You sir, are a complete asshole.

What happened did you have a female boss who gave you a deserved bad
rap and you never got oaver it ?

Thumper (Ham for 40 years and AE for 35 of those)

PS you Post your call and I'll post mine, dumb ass
Old December 28th 06, 04:50 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Win Win is offline

John, you are a real piece of ****. Are you reallly a Han?

Win, W0LZ
Old December 28th 06, 08:35 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

merlin-7 wrote:
Odd thing that happend in the uk after code was dropped...code useage went
up...
Joe

That may well be true but if you go over to uk.radio.amateur you
might be forgiven for thinking that the sky is about to fall in.
There a small number of individuals who are hostile and dismissive
of newcomers but I recall similar behaviour 40 years ago.

This whole code thing has me snoring - I took my RAE in 1964, lost
interest in the hobby but spent 25 years in electronics. At no time
did I ever want to receive or send Morse code. Coming back to the
hobby after 40 years I enjoy making gear and experimenting with
antennas as well as winkling out dx.

I have to say that I will not be complaining because I can have a
full license sans Morse code and it will not make or break me as an
operator. What will make me a good operator is that I understand
where and how I should be operating, that I understand my equipment
and it's limitations and that I respect others users of the amateur
bands. Plus, I am willing to listen and learn

Charlie.

--
www.wymsey.co.uk

Old December 28th 06, 08:53 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

John Smith I wrote:
SNIP

If I was forced to venture a guess further, I'd almost bet Ms. Kott is a
lesbian (that is just a personal opinion and guess!) I am almost always
leery of lesbians, too often we end up in competition over the same
women, and they get angry if they lose!

And, I'd suspect (I never have checked) the amount of male licensees
must out number female licensees 10:1 or better, heck it could be 100:1;
If it is as I suspect, Ms. Kott is a lesbian, what better hobby to find
if you are into male bashing? (she'd just love to make a bunch of
"dumbed down hams" out of the amateur population)

Regards,
JS

Maybe you should stick to antennas Mr Smith what with you fancying
gay women and your nasty remarks about aids suffers. And let's not
forget your misogyny.

Your antennas don't appear to be at all sensitive and could do with
some tuning!

PLONK

Charlie.

--
www.wymsey.co.uk
Old December 28th 06, 09:06 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Catguy wrote:

Idiot. Command your children, I speak as I dern will please.

As to your call, store it where the sun doesn't shine.

Now, have a nice day

JS

Old December 28th 06, 09:09 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Win wrote:
John, you are a real piece of ****. Are you reallly a Han?

Win, W0LZ

You sir are a piece of chit for even attempting to intimidate me in my
exercise of free speech!

My speech (actually text here) stands on its own, it needs no license,
no degree, no personality to shore it up--if you disagree, have an
opposing opinion or are offended by it--that IS your right.

However, all your rights END when they would even begin to limit me of mine!

Good day sir,
JS
Old December 28th 06, 09:10 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

charlie wrote:

Do as you please ...

Just don't attempt to limit me from doing the same.

JS

Old December 28th 06, 09:24 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

John Smith I wrote:
SNIP

Implementing logic, I'd venture a guess the CDC has an outreach program
in SF. SF has a major segment of the queer population in America, the
aids disease is out of hand.

SNIP

Just to put you venturing into perspective, if you had read the
article in question you would hardly have failed to note that the
lady in question works for an organisation in Michigan:

""It's part of the dumbing down of America," said Nancy Kott, editor
of World Radio magazine and a field representative for the Centers
for Disease of Control and Prevention in Metamora, Michigan."

--
www.wymsey.co.uk

You'll probably never have to use CW to save a life. Slow Code Policy 189 December 14th 06 10:46 AM
What is the ARRL's thought on having good amateurs? Slow Code General 144 November 3rd 06 12:55 AM
a great read Happy camper CB 1 November 19th 04 02:51 PM
Why You Don't Like The ARRL Louis C. LeVine CB 188 January 6th 04 06:05 PM