RadioBanter

-   -   MIME type for .EZ files? (https://www.radiobanter.com/antenna/119073-mime-type-ez-files.html)

Cecil Moore[_2_] May 7th 07 09:45 PM

MIME type for .EZ files?

The 1and1.com server that I subscribe to for w5dxp.com
will not process the .EZ files generated by EZNEC. I
received this reply from :

"In order to get thee working, we need to have the MIME
type for the .EZ file extension installed on the server.
To do this, please contact the company that created the
EZ filetype and ask them to provide to you the MIME type
type for that extension. Let us know what it is so we
can add it."

That leaves me in a quandary. The author of EZNEC has
ploinked me, asked me not to send him emails, and therefore
I have zero customer support for EZNEC. Could someone reply
to this posting so w7el will see it and, hopefully, put aside
his personal vendetta long enough to answer the customer
service question which not only affects my web page but
also the w2du.com web page?
--
73, Cecil
http://www.w5dxp.com

Gene Fuller May 7th 07 11:04 PM

MIME type for .EZ files?

Cecil Moore wrote:
The 1and1.com server that I subscribe to for w5dxp.com
will not process the .EZ files generated by EZNEC. I
received this reply from :

"In order to get thee working, we need to have the MIME
type for the .EZ file extension installed on the server.
To do this, please contact the company that created the
EZ filetype and ask them to provide to you the MIME type
type for that extension. Let us know what it is so we
can add it."

That leaves me in a quandary. The author of EZNEC has
ploinked me, asked me not to send him emails, and therefore
I have zero customer support for EZNEC. Could someone reply
to this posting so w7el will see it and, hopefully, put aside
his personal vendetta long enough to answer the customer
service question which not only affects my web page but
also the w2du.com web page?

Cecil,

I did not have the slightest problem in downloading the .EZ file.

What is the problem?

I hope that nobody is actually trying to launch the file directly from
the website, but if so, those folks need to get a clue, not a MIME type.

73,
Gene
W4SZ

Cecil Moore[_2_] May 7th 07 11:12 PM

MIME type for .EZ files?

Gene Fuller wrote:
I did not have the slightest problem in downloading the .EZ file.
What is the problem?

The problem is that you are not very observant. The file you
downloaded was not from w5dxp.com. It was from qsl.net/w5dxp
which properly handles .EZ files. Please pay attention.

I hope that nobody is actually trying to launch the file directly from
the website, but if so, those folks need to get a clue, not a MIME type.

Methinks it is you who need to get a clue.
--
73, Cecil http://www.w5dxp.com

Cecil Moore[_2_] May 7th 07 11:18 PM

MIME type for .EZ files?

Cecil Moore wrote:
Gene Fuller wrote:
I did not have the slightest problem in downloading the .EZ file.
What is the problem?

The problem is that you are not very observant. The file you
downloaded was not from w5dxp.com. It was from qsl.net/w5dxp
which properly handles .EZ files. Please pay attention.

I hope that nobody is actually trying to launch the file directly from
the website, but if so, those folks need to get a clue, not a MIME type.

Methinks it is you who need to get a clue.

P.S. Your arrogant attitude is typical of r.r.a.a gurus
who consider themselves incapable of making a mistake.
Of the three possibilities that W7EL listed for people
not understanding what he says, the more than glaring
omission of a 4th possibility was that he might rarely
be *absolutely wrong* as he is on the subject of current
through 75m Texas Bugcatcher loading coils.
--
73, Cecil http://www.w5dxp.com

Gene Fuller May 7th 07 11:18 PM

MIME type for .EZ files?

Cecil Moore wrote:
Gene Fuller wrote:
I did not have the slightest problem in downloading the .EZ file.
What is the problem?

The problem is that you are not very observant. The file you
downloaded was not from w5dxp.com. It was from qsl.net/w5dxp
which properly handles .EZ files. Please pay attention.

I hope that nobody is actually trying to launch the file directly from
the website, but if so, those folks need to get a clue, not a MIME type.

Methinks it is you who need to get a clue.

Yeah, I know. I am still trying to figure out why anyone would load a
3.8 MHz coil with a 1975 ohm resistor rather than a whip. Does that work
well in the 75 meter shootouts?

8-)

73,
Gene
W4SZ

Cecil Moore[_2_] May 7th 07 11:25 PM

MIME type for .EZ files?

Gene Fuller wrote:
Yeah, I know. I am still trying to figure out why anyone would load a
3.8 MHz coil with a 1975 ohm resistor rather than a whip. Does that work
well in the 75 meter shootouts?

No, but it works well for using EZNEC to prove the author
of EZNEC absolutely wrong. :-)

Take a look at the 3.8 MHz current through the 75m
Bugcatcher coil on my website. It is virtually flat
indicating that reflections have been eliminated.
Yet the phase shift through that coil on 3.8 MHz
is close to 38 degrees. That's a magnitude away
from the measured phase shift reported by w8ji
and w7el. Your previous postings indicate that you
agree with me, Gene, but just cannot bring yourself
to disagree with your guru friends.
--
73, Cecil http://www.w5dxp.com

Roy Lewallen May 8th 07 12:07 AM

MIME type for .EZ files?

Gene Fuller wrote:
Cecil Moore wrote:

That leaves me in a quandary. The author of EZNEC has
ploinked me, asked me not to send him emails, and therefore
I have zero customer support for EZNEC. . .

I will provide Cecil and any other EZNEC customer with support for
EZNEC. My request for no further email does not include EZNEC support.

EZNEC .EZ files are binary files, and can be handled like any other
binary file. No special attachment or auxiliary software, or special
encoding or treatment, is needed to transfer or attach them.

Roy Lewallen, W7EL

Roy Lewallen May 8th 07 12:11 AM

MIME type for .EZ files?

Gene Fuller wrote:
. . .
I hope that nobody is actually trying to launch the file directly from
the website, but if so, those folks need to get a clue, not a MIME type.

For sure. I guarantee that would fail.

Roy Lewallen, W7EL

art May 8th 07 12:17 AM

MIME type for .EZ files?

On 7 May, 15:12, Cecil Moore wrote:
Gene Fuller wrote:
I did not have the slightest problem in downloading the .EZ file.
What is the problem?

The problem is that you are not very observant. The file you
downloaded was not from w5dxp.com. It was from qsl.net/w5dxp
which properly handles .EZ files. Please pay attention.

I hope that nobody is actually trying to launch the file directly from
the website, but if so, those folks need to get a clue, not a MIME type.

Methinks it is you who need to get a clue.
--
73, Cecil http://www.w5dxp.com

Cecil
The MMANA antenna program is now updated such that I am in the process
of downlowding it to replace my AO Professional program which has
served me well over the years. From what I am reading it outshines all
other antenna programs available other than the $1000 plus
professional forms which are really over the top for radio amateurs.
Apparently it also has unlimited variables for optimisation as well as
links to NEC2 and NEC 4.
The program is available for downloading for all tho a small donation
will help out in keeping it up to date and supply help to those that
need it. The program was put together by hams from all over including
Arie for hams so we no longer are held hostage.Since it is the best
available unless you have $1000+ to spend then it makes sense to
download it and use the money for digital radio or the like,
especially since it does more for antennas than anything else around.
Plus, it also have the extra availability of variables for
optimisation which other do not have. It is for hams by hams to do
what hams want to do, makes sense to support it rather than give $1000
to somebody when it does not have all the options that MMANA has since
it was revised and updated at the beginning of this year, whereas my
old professional program has not kept up with the times and no longer
supported.
It was worth the expense when I bought it but science has moved on and
we need to keep up with it.It certainly can do more than my old buddy
AO Professional program or anything else so I am changing over to
MMANA.to help support ham radio to stay on the cusp .
Regards
Art
Art

Cecil Moore[_2_] May 8th 07 12:21 AM

MIME type for .EZ files?

Roy Lewallen wrote:
I will provide Cecil and any other EZNEC customer with support for
EZNEC. My request for no further email does not include EZNEC support.

Now you tell me after a year of zero support.

EZNEC .EZ files are binary files, and can be handled like any other
binary file. No special attachment or auxiliary software, or special
encoding or treatment, is needed to transfer or attach them.

I don't understand exactly what 1and1.com is asking for,
but both w2du and I have the same problem. Here's the
1and1.com email to me.

"In order to get thee working, we need to have the MIME type
for the .EZ file extension installed on the server. To do this,
please contact the company that created the EZ filetype and ask
them to provide to you the MIME type type for that extension.
Let us know what it is so we can add it."

Would you please contact and get this problem
solved?
--
73, Cecil
http://www.w5dxp.com

Cecil Moore[_2_] May 8th 07 12:46 AM

MIME type for .EZ files?

Roy Lewallen wrote:
EZNEC .EZ files are binary files, and can be handled like any other
binary file.

Here is the latest request from 1and1.com. Please stop the
sandbagging and just answer their question.

"Ask them to give you the actual MIME Type declaration."
--
73, Cecil http://www.w5dxp.com

John Smith I May 8th 07 01:39 AM

MIME type for .EZ files?

Cecil Moore wrote:

Would you please contact and get this problem
solved?

Cecil:

This link:

http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/media-types.html

you may find interesting ...

Regards,
JS

John Smith I May 8th 07 01:52 AM

MIME type for .EZ files?

John Smith I wrote:

Cecil:

This link:

http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/media-types.html

you may find interesting ...

Regards,
JS

Further ...

As Roy states, .ez are binary ... so, perhaps ".bin
application/x-binary" would be suitable (just guessing here.)

However, the gods which be disdain posting of binaries to r.r.a.a 8-)

So, maybe we should create rec.radio.amateur.binary ... would be kinda
handy really, we could have pics of babes holding our antennas!
innocent-look ;-)

Regards,
JS

Cecil Moore[_2_] May 8th 07 02:07 AM

MIME type for .EZ files?

John Smith I wrote:
Cecil: This link:
http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/media-types.html
you may find interesting ...

John, I'm a hardware-type guy. What's the bottom line?
--
73, Cecil http://www.w5dxp.com

Cecil Moore[_2_] May 8th 07 02:12 AM

MIME type for .EZ files?

John Smith I wrote:
As Roy states, .ez are binary ... so, perhaps ".bin

I don't really care what the solution is as long
as the solution gets implemented. Are we going to
ask everyone to rename antenna.bin to antenna.ez
before they can use it with EZNEC? Why does qsl.net
handle .EZ files properly and 1and1.com doesn't?
As a simple user, this should NOT be my problem.
--
73, Cecil http://www.w5dxp.com

John Smith I May 8th 07 02:24 AM

MIME type for .EZ files?

Cecil Moore wrote:
John Smith I wrote:
Cecil: This link:
http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/media-types.html
you may find interesting ...

John, I'm a hardware-type guy. What's the bottom line?

Cecil:

Sorry ... well, it looks like Roy should petition to have ".ez file
type" registered with IANA as something like:

..ez application/x-binary

however, I am guessing. But looks like something Roy should do alright
.... I have never had to deal with this before ...

Regards,
JS

Danny Richardson May 8th 07 04:31 AM

MIME type for .EZ files?

On Tue, 08 May 2007 01:59:38 GMT, Cecil Moore
wrote:

Danny Richardson wrote:
I have no idea what you problem is. I've upload an *.EZ on my site and
I am using 1and1.

OK, then, why doesn't it work for me? All I want is
a solution, not a lot of hand-waving.

Did you try the link I gave? If you did and weren't prompted as to
saving the file then I suggest something is screwed up with your
browser as I had no problems what-so-ever.

Anyone else care to try it? http://k6mhe.com/sub/VERT1.EZ

Danny

Gene Fuller May 8th 07 05:04 AM

MIME type for .EZ files?

wrote:

Danny Richardson wrote:
I have no idea what you problem is. I've upload an *.EZ on my site and
I am using 1and1.

OK, then, why doesn't it work for me? All I want is
a solution, not a lot of hand-waving.

Did you try the link I gave? If you did and weren't prompted as to
saving the file then I suggest something is screwed up with your
browser as I had no problems what-so-ever.

Anyone else care to try it? http://k6mhe.com/sub/VERT1.EZ

Danny

Danny,

I tried your link, and it worked fine. I am using Firefox, and I got the
option to either download the file or to open with EZNEC. (I guess I
must have told my browser about EZNEC at some point.)

I got the same behavior from Cecil's qsl.net file.

73,
Gene
W4SZ

Owen Duffy May 8th 07 05:38 AM

MIME type for .EZ files?

Cecil Moore wrote in news:3eM%h.21261$Um6.16572
@newssvr12.news.prodigy.net:

The 1and1.com server that I subscribe to for w5dxp.com
will not process the .EZ files generated by EZNEC. I
received this reply from :

I have no idea what "process" means. In my experience, IT people use the
term to describe something they don't understand in more detail.

If the intimation is that your HSP won't allow you to load arbitrary
files on your webspace for HTTP access, you need another HSP. Better HSPs
will allow you to write your own .htaccess files under Apache and set up
your own associations specific to the directory or tree... if that is
your want.

"In order to get thee working, we need to have the MIME
type for the .EZ file extension installed on the server.
To do this, please contact the company that created the
EZ filetype and ask them to provide to you the MIME type
type for that extension. Let us know what it is so we
can add it."

"get thee working" is also not self explanatory.

The usual reason that you would set up an association of extension and
MIME type on a server is for special handling or to supply extended
headers to a browser. The browser doesn't need the headers, it should
consider the headers, and in the absence of a type header, the extension
(Win only) to determine what action to take when such a document is
received.

That leaves me in a quandary. The author of EZNEC has
ploinked me, asked me not to send him emails, and therefore
I have zero customer support for EZNEC. Could someone reply
to this posting so w7el will see it and, hopefully, put aside
his personal vendetta long enough to answer the customer
service question which not only affects my web page but
also the w2du.com web page?

Don't you ever let a chance go by, go by!

The lack of detail on the "w2du.com problem" leaves one guessing.

Owen

David L. Foreman May 8th 07 07:38 AM

MIME type for .EZ files?

wrote:

Danny Richardson wrote:
I have no idea what you problem is. I've upload an *.EZ on my site and
I am using 1and1.

OK, then, why doesn't it work for me? All I want is
a solution, not a lot of hand-waving.

Did you try the link I gave? If you did and weren't prompted as to
saving the file then I suggest something is screwed up with your
browser as I had no problems what-so-ever.

Anyone else care to try it? http://k6mhe.com/sub/VERT1.EZ

Danny

I just tried it and I got the box Run, Save, or Cancel so nothing wrong there.
Dave Foreman

Jeff May 8th 07 08:34 AM

MIME type for .EZ files?

I would have thought that the easiest solution would have been to zip the
..EZ files, I am sure that the server can handle ZIP files.

73
Jeff

Cecil Moore[_2_] May 8th 07 11:54 AM

MIME type for .EZ files?

Danny Richardson wrote:
Did you try the link I gave?

It worked with my browser. I just want my web page
to respond the same as yours.

Anyone else care to try it? http://k6mhe.com/sub/VERT1.EZ

Try this one and tell me what's wrong. The file is there.

http://www.w5dxp.com/VERT1.EZ
--
73, Cecil http://www.w5dxp.com

Cecil Moore[_2_] May 8th 07 12:05 PM

MIME type for .EZ files?

Jeff wrote:
I would have thought that the easiest solution would have been to zip the
.EZ files, I am sure that the server can handle ZIP files.

I'm sure there are a number of workarounds. The question
still remains. Why does http://k6mhe.com/sub/VERT1.EZ
and http://www.w5dxp.com/VERT1.EZ not work?
--
73, Cecil http://www.w5dxp.com

Cecil Moore[_2_] May 8th 07 12:22 PM

MIME type for .EZ files?

Cecil Moore wrote:
Jeff wrote:
I would have thought that the easiest solution would have been to zip
the .EZ files, I am sure that the server can handle ZIP files.

I'm sure there are a number of workarounds. The question
still remains. Why does http://k6mhe.com/sub/VERT1.EZ
work and http://www.w5dxp.com/VERT1.EZ not work?

^^^^

Sorry, left out a word above. I tried zipping the EZNEC
file and that worked just fine.
--
73, Cecil http://www.w5dxp.com

Tom Ring May 8th 07 01:29 PM

MIME type for .EZ files?

Cecil Moore wrote:

Danny Richardson wrote:

Did you try the link I gave?

It worked with my browser. I just want my web page
to respond the same as yours.

Anyone else care to try it? http://k6mhe.com/sub/VERT1.EZ

Try this one and tell me what's wrong. The file is there.

http://www.w5dxp.com/VERT1.EZ

If it's really there, then perhaps the permissions are incorrect. I
tried with wget, a unix command line tool for pulling individual files
or even whole sites, and got a "404 Not Found" error. That error is
generated on the server end, not mine.

tom
K0TAR

Cecil Moore[_2_] May 8th 07 01:37 PM

MIME type for .EZ files?

Tom Ring wrote:
Cecil Moore wrote:
Try this one and tell me what's wrong. The file is there.

http://www.w5dxp.com/VERT1.EZ

If it's really there, then perhaps the permissions are incorrect. I
tried with wget, a unix command line tool for pulling individual files
or even whole sites, and got a "404 Not Found" error. That error is
generated on the server end, not mine.

Thanks Tom, that demonstrates the problem I am having.
Why .EZ files would be handled differently by k6mhe.com
and w5dxp.com is perplexing. Maybe Linux vs Microsoft?

Danny, are you subscribing to Linux hosting?
I am subscribing to Microsoft hosting.
--
73, Cecil http://www.w5dxp.com

Cecil Moore[_2_] May 8th 07 02:17 PM

MIME type for .EZ files?

Danny Richardson wrote:
Cecil Moore wrote:
Danny, are you subscribing to Linux hosting?
I am subscribing to Microsoft hosting.

Linux.

Aha, that's probably the best clue yet. Thanks.
--
73, Cecil http://www.w5dxp.com

John - KD5YI[_2_] May 8th 07 03:10 PM

MIME type for .EZ files?

"Cecil Moore" wrote in message
. ..
Cecil Moore wrote:
Jeff wrote:
I would have thought that the easiest solution would have been to zip
the .EZ files, I am sure that the server can handle ZIP files.

I'm sure there are a number of workarounds. The question
still remains. Why does http://k6mhe.com/sub/VERT1.EZ
work and http://www.w5dxp.com/VERT1.EZ not work?

^^^^

Cecil -

I suspect the second link above does not actually exist. My browser says
"The page cannot be found" which has nothing to do with the file type (.ez).

Sorry, left out a word above. I tried zipping the EZNEC
file and that worked just fine.
--
73, Cecil http://www.w5dxp.com

I think some browsers may not be set up to automatically ask what to do with
the file and they might try to execute it. Try right-clicking on your link
and then select "save link as". See if that works.

I've had no problems with the coil file.

Good luck.

John

Cecil Moore[_2_] May 8th 07 03:21 PM

MIME type for .EZ files?

John - KD5YI wrote:
I suspect the second link above does not actually exist. My browser says
"The page cannot be found" which has nothing to do with the file type (.ez).

Seems it has everything to do with file type .EZ since
every other extension works just fine. If I simply change
the coil505.EZ extension to coil505.bin and leave the file
just as it is, everything works fine. Try it for yourself.

http://w5dxp.com/coil505.bin

The server is reporting that the .EZ file cannot be found even
though it actually exists on the server. It's the Microsoft
server that has the problem. The Linux server works just
fine. Apparently, the Microsoft server doesn't recognize
..EZ as a valid file type. If I ZIP the .EZ file, it also
handles it just fine.
--
73, Cecil http://www.w5dxp.com

Tom Ring May 9th 07 12:00 AM

MIME type for .EZ files?

Cecil Moore wrote:

If it's really there, then perhaps the permissions are incorrect. I
tried with wget, a unix command line tool for pulling individual files
or even whole sites, and got a "404 Not Found" error. That error is
generated on the server end, not mine.

Thanks Tom, that demonstrates the problem I am having.
Why .EZ files would be handled differently by k6mhe.com
and w5dxp.com is perplexing. Maybe Linux vs Microsoft?

Danny, are you subscribing to Linux hosting?
I am subscribing to Microsoft hosting.

Cecil, this utility will pull the file no matter what it is. The
problem has nothing to do with the OS involved. There is something
wrong at the server end. Or maybe I misunderstand what you are saying.

tom
K0TAR

Jeff May 9th 07 08:24 AM

MIME type for .EZ files?

Cecil, this utility will pull the file no matter what it is. The problem
has nothing to do with the OS involved. There is something wrong at the
server end. Or maybe I misunderstand what you are saying.

tom
K0TAR

I think the problem is that when the user clicks on the hyperlink the server
does not know how to respond to a .EZ file extension. It understands that
the user wants to download a zip or bin file or display an html file, but no
one has told it what to do when asked for an EZ, so it reports that the file
is not there.

Jeff

Owen Duffy May 9th 07 09:08 AM

MIME type for .EZ files?

"Jeff" wrote in
.com:

I think the problem is that when the user clicks on the hyperlink the
server does not know how to respond to a .EZ file extension. It
understands that the user wants to download a zip or bin file or
display an html file, but no one has told it what to do when asked for
an EZ, so it reports that the file is not there.

Apart from special processing specified for some files or file types
(extensions), the server just sends the document back in a response under
http headers (some of which may be chosen based on extension - MIME type
association in the server's config files.

The "action" on receiving a document is entirely in the hands of the
browser.

If the file ain't on the server, it ain't there and you will get a 404
error, and it ain't there either because is just ain't there, or it is
hidden by permissions that do not expose it to the server's user or
group.

Cecil stated that the HSP doesn't "process" the file, perhaps he is
hinting that he can't transfer the .EZ file into his web file space. If
that is so, he should visit whether his HSP is altogether too clever.

He seems like he is using a IIS server. I wonder why one would use an IIS
based server unless using IIS specific applications.

If I click on the link http://www.vk1od.net/7MDipole/7MDipole.ez on my
web server, Firefox asks me if I want to open it with EZNEC, use Flasgot,
or save it to disk. My web server does not know anything about the .ez
extension, and Firefox is not configured for any specific action for .ez
file. The reasons Firefox offers the "open with EZNEC" option is that it
digs into Windows to see if there is an open action defined for that
extension. Different browsers work differently.

If I click on Cecil's link, I get a 404 error: file not found which is a
strong indicator the file is not there, or has incorrect permissions,
probably the former.

Owen

Jeff May 9th 07 09:40 AM

MIME type for .EZ files?

" Apart from special processing specified for some files or file types
(extensions), the server just sends the document back in a response under
http headers (some of which may be chosen based on extension - MIME type
association in the server's config files.

I suspect that it is this part that is going wrong, there is no association
for a .ez extension and the server is responding with a 404 error. Hence the
request for a MIME type.

Jeff

Jimmie D May 9th 07 06:14 PM

MIME type for .EZ files?

"Jeff" wrote in message
. com...

" Apart from special processing specified for some files or file types
(extensions), the server just sends the document back in a response under
http headers (some of which may be chosen based on extension - MIME type
association in the server's config files.

I suspect that it is this part that is going wrong, there is no
association for a .ez extension and the server is responding with a 404
error. Hence the request for a MIME type.

Jeff

You could put it on the server as .EZ.bin and remove the bin from the name
when you dloaded from the server.

Jimmie

Michael Coslo May 9th 07 08:10 PM

MIME type for .EZ files?

Cecil Moore wrote:
Danny Richardson wrote:
I have no idea what you problem is. I've upload an *.EZ on my site and
I am using 1and1.

OK, then, why doesn't it work for me? All I want is
a solution, not a lot of hand-waving.

A Different server or ISP. An EZ solution......

- 73 de Mike KB3EIA -

Cecil Moore[_2_] May 9th 07 08:13 PM

MIME type for .EZ files?

Tom Ring wrote:
Cecil, this utility will pull the file no matter what it is. The
problem has nothing to do with the OS involved. There is something
wrong at the server end. Or maybe I misunderstand what you are saying.

Tom, I am out of my league concerning this question. Here is
the latest email from . The server seems to
be working properly now.

"Mime types work differently on Microsoft than they do on a Linux
package. All mime types for MS packages need to be requested through
support to be added to the server. We have added the mime type for the
..ez extension."

Maybe the moral is not to choose a Microsoft server? :-)
--
73, Cecil
http://www.w5dxp.com

Cecil Moore[_2_] May 9th 07 08:21 PM

MIME type for .EZ files?

Jeff wrote:
I think the problem is that when the user clicks on the hyperlink the server
does not know how to respond to a .EZ file extension. It understands that
the user wants to download a zip or bin file or display an html file, but no
one has told it what to do when asked for an EZ, so it reports that the file
is not there.

Jeff, it seems that you are 100% correct.
--
73, Cecil http://www.w5dxp.com

Cecil Moore[_2_] May 9th 07 08:26 PM

MIME type for .EZ files?

Owen Duffy wrote:
If I click on Cecil's link, I get a 404 error: file not found which is a
strong indicator the file is not there, or has incorrect permissions,
probably the former.

Absolutely not the former. Apparently, Microsoft servers are
sensitive to filename extensions and must be told what to
do with each and every new type or else they get ignored
"as if" they were not there.
--
73, Cecil http://www.w5dxp.com

Cecil Moore[_2_] May 9th 07 08:30 PM

MIME type for .EZ files?

Michael Coslo wrote:
A Different server or ISP. An EZ solution......

I should have requested a Linux server, not a
Microsoft server. :-) But the problem has been
solved.
--
73, Cecil http://www.w5dxp.com