Old May 7th 07, 11:12 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default MIME type for .EZ files?

Gene Fuller wrote:
I did not have the slightest problem in downloading the .EZ file.
What is the problem?

The problem is that you are not very observant. The file you
downloaded was not from w5dxp.com. It was from qsl.net/w5dxp
which properly handles .EZ files. Please pay attention.

I hope that nobody is actually trying to launch the file directly from
the website, but if so, those folks need to get a clue, not a MIME type.

Methinks it is you who need to get a clue.
--
73, Cecil http://www.w5dxp.com
Old May 7th 07, 11:18 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Cecil Moore wrote:
Gene Fuller wrote:
I did not have the slightest problem in downloading the .EZ file.
What is the problem?

The problem is that you are not very observant. The file you
downloaded was not from w5dxp.com. It was from qsl.net/w5dxp
which properly handles .EZ files. Please pay attention.

I hope that nobody is actually trying to launch the file directly from
the website, but if so, those folks need to get a clue, not a MIME type.

Methinks it is you who need to get a clue.

P.S. Your arrogant attitude is typical of r.r.a.a gurus
who consider themselves incapable of making a mistake.
Of the three possibilities that W7EL listed for people
not understanding what he says, the more than glaring
omission of a 4th possibility was that he might rarely
be *absolutely wrong* as he is on the subject of current
through 75m Texas Bugcatcher loading coils.
--
73, Cecil http://www.w5dxp.com
Old May 7th 07, 11:18 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Cecil Moore wrote:
Gene Fuller wrote:
I did not have the slightest problem in downloading the .EZ file.
What is the problem?

The problem is that you are not very observant. The file you
downloaded was not from w5dxp.com. It was from qsl.net/w5dxp
which properly handles .EZ files. Please pay attention.

I hope that nobody is actually trying to launch the file directly from
the website, but if so, those folks need to get a clue, not a MIME type.

Methinks it is you who need to get a clue.

Yeah, I know. I am still trying to figure out why anyone would load a
3.8 MHz coil with a 1975 ohm resistor rather than a whip. Does that work
well in the 75 meter shootouts?

8-)

73,
Gene
W4SZ

Old May 7th 07, 11:25 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Gene Fuller wrote:
Yeah, I know. I am still trying to figure out why anyone would load a
3.8 MHz coil with a 1975 ohm resistor rather than a whip. Does that work
well in the 75 meter shootouts?

No, but it works well for using EZNEC to prove the author
of EZNEC absolutely wrong. :-)

Take a look at the 3.8 MHz current through the 75m
Bugcatcher coil on my website. It is virtually flat
indicating that reflections have been eliminated.
Yet the phase shift through that coil on 3.8 MHz
is close to 38 degrees. That's a magnitude away
from the measured phase shift reported by w8ji
and w7el. Your previous postings indicate that you
agree with me, Gene, but just cannot bring yourself
to disagree with your guru friends.
--
73, Cecil http://www.w5dxp.com
Old May 8th 07, 12:07 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Gene Fuller wrote:
Cecil Moore wrote:

That leaves me in a quandary. The author of EZNEC has
ploinked me, asked me not to send him emails, and therefore
I have zero customer support for EZNEC. . .

I will provide Cecil and any other EZNEC customer with support for
EZNEC. My request for no further email does not include EZNEC support.

EZNEC .EZ files are binary files, and can be handled like any other
binary file. No special attachment or auxiliary software, or special
encoding or treatment, is needed to transfer or attach them.

Roy Lewallen, W7EL
Old May 8th 07, 12:11 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Gene Fuller wrote:
. . .
I hope that nobody is actually trying to launch the file directly from
the website, but if so, those folks need to get a clue, not a MIME type.

For sure. I guarantee that would fail.

Roy Lewallen, W7EL
Old May 8th 07, 12:17 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
art art is offline

On 7 May, 15:12, Cecil Moore wrote:
Gene Fuller wrote:
I did not have the slightest problem in downloading the .EZ file.
What is the problem?

The problem is that you are not very observant. The file you
downloaded was not from w5dxp.com. It was from qsl.net/w5dxp
which properly handles .EZ files. Please pay attention.

I hope that nobody is actually trying to launch the file directly from
the website, but if so, those folks need to get a clue, not a MIME type.

Methinks it is you who need to get a clue.
--
73, Cecil http://www.w5dxp.com

Cecil
The MMANA antenna program is now updated such that I am in the process
of downlowding it to replace my AO Professional program which has
served me well over the years. From what I am reading it outshines all
other antenna programs available other than the $1000 plus
professional forms which are really over the top for radio amateurs.
Apparently it also has unlimited variables for optimisation as well as
links to NEC2 and NEC 4.
The program is available for downloading for all tho a small donation
will help out in keeping it up to date and supply help to those that
need it. The program was put together by hams from all over including
Arie for hams so we no longer are held hostage.Since it is the best
available unless you have $1000+ to spend then it makes sense to
download it and use the money for digital radio or the like,
especially since it does more for antennas than anything else around.
Plus, it also have the extra availability of variables for
optimisation which other do not have. It is for hams by hams to do
what hams want to do, makes sense to support it rather than give $1000
to somebody when it does not have all the options that MMANA has since
it was revised and updated at the beginning of this year, whereas my
old professional program has not kept up with the times and no longer
supported.
It was worth the expense when I bought it but science has moved on and
we need to keep up with it.It certainly can do more than my old buddy
AO Professional program or anything else so I am changing over to
MMANA.to help support ham radio to stay on the cusp .
Regards
Art
Art

Old May 8th 07, 12:21 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Roy Lewallen wrote:
I will provide Cecil and any other EZNEC customer with support for
EZNEC. My request for no further email does not include EZNEC support.

Now you tell me after a year of zero support.

EZNEC .EZ files are binary files, and can be handled like any other
binary file. No special attachment or auxiliary software, or special
encoding or treatment, is needed to transfer or attach them.

I don't understand exactly what 1and1.com is asking for,
but both w2du and I have the same problem. Here's the
1and1.com email to me.

"In order to get thee working, we need to have the MIME type
for the .EZ file extension installed on the server. To do this,
please contact the company that created the EZ filetype and ask
them to provide to you the MIME type type for that extension.
Let us know what it is so we can add it."

Would you please contact and get this problem
solved?
--
73, Cecil
http://www.w5dxp.com

csv files labtech_one Shortwave 3 April 26th 07 12:02 PM
FA: Amplex Model "C" Tube Type Radio - Antique Type - Quite Old !LP Swap 0 October 9th 04 08:58 PM
New Files David Fuller Scanner 0 March 1st 04 06:13 AM
Pro 92 SPG files rjj Scanner 1 January 6th 04 03:26 PM
.EZ files to .N4W files conversion Martin Antenna 1 August 11th 03 12:01 AM