Old May 10th 07, 08:28 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
art art is offline

Default Electron ratio to form a radiation field

On 10 May, 12:06, art wrote:
On 10 May, 11:45, wrote:

robert casey wrote:
art wrote:
What is the ratio of magnetic electrons emitted from a radiator
compared with
with the number of electrons emmitted due to current flow?
What is the combination ratio required of both types of electrons to
form a radiation field?
Regards
Art

You mean the radiation from an antenna driven by a radio transmitter?
It doesn't emit electrons, but it does emit photons at that radio
frequency.
Go find a book on electromagnetism and fields, but be prepared for
calculus level math in that book. I took such a class 30 years ago, and
got a "C", and remember even less now. A high school physics book might
be enough depending on your needs.

The current (May/June) issue of QEX contains the article:

Electromagnetic Radiation: A Brief Tutorial

It contains equations but no calculus that I noticed.

"magnetic electrons emitted from a radiator" isn't mentioned, but
that isn't a surprise to most people.

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.- Hide quoted text -

Jim, you have no legitamacy in the subject of radiation, your past
posts prove that. On top of that you do not talk for most people as
you intimate.
You haven't yet capitulated on the static subject or negated the truth
of the mathematics and examples supplied. Just stating consistently
that you can't this or you can't that just doesn't elevate your
stature.- Hide quoted text -

Some have stated that 377 ohms is a ratio. I don't understand that
assertion
since I understood that a ratio is not confined to a specific unit and
in fact
does not have units. I am aware that the impedance of a particular
atmosphere is 377 ohms but that is certainly not a ratio. Some say one
must have a knoweledge of calculus to understand radiation. Another
declares he read a book on radiation that did not use calculus which
is just as well if one becomes careless with terms such as a ratio.
But no matter, this newsgroup is a living example of the use of free
speech where amateurs can take on the guise of professionalism despite
their lowly education level.

Old May 10th 07, 08:30 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Particels of what?

On May 9, 6:44 pm, art wrote:
On 9 May, 17:37, Cecil Moore wrote:

art wrote:
What is the ratio of magnetic electrons emitted from a radiator
compared with with the number of electrons emmitted due to current

flow?

Art, emitted electrons are corona discharges. What is
emitted from an antenna is primarily photons. Each
photon has both electric and magnetic properties
and the ratio is 377 ohms in the far field.
--
73, Cecil http://www.w5dxp.com

Cecil,
When power is supplied there are two vectors formed by particles that
are emitted from the radiator. I am looking for the ratio of particals
emitted. You can call them photons, electrons, particles or what ever
is fine by me.
The second question is related to the flow or movement of these
particles from the enclosed surface to the outside of the surface ( I
will call this an arbitary boundary unless there is cries of
disagreement). The passage of the
two types of particles thru the boundary allows for the combination of
their individual energies to form a radiated field. Thus I was asking
what the ratio of one type of particle to the other type of particle
is required to do that. Obviously if the combination is created by
collision it would appear that the ratio is 1:1 but I do not know
personally how the combination occurrs.
I understand that the electrons change wavelength to break away from
the gravitational field (equilibrium) at the parting point and then
change back to the originating wavelength at or before the formation
of the radiating field. If this is correct then the number of
electrons if any that do NOT escape from the enclosed surface have to
be accounted for UNLESS ALL ESCAPE which would infer an equal ratio of
electron emmissionfor the formation of a radiative field. If the
initial ratio is not equal then obviously the rest will return to the
initial gravitational field possibly to form a skin depth since the
velocity of return is the same as the initiating velocity. Hopefully
the above will apply a clue as to where I am comming from.
Regards
Art

Old May 10th 07, 08:58 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

From: http://whatis.techtarget.com/definit...845268,00.html

Mathematically, the Zo of free space is equal to the square root of the
ratio of the permeability of free space (µo) in henrys per meter (H/m)
to the permittivity of free space (o) in farads per meter (F/m):

Zo = (µo/o)1/2

= [(1.257 x 10-6 H/m)/(8.85 x 10-12 F/m)]1/2

= 377 ohms (approximately)

The exact value of the Zo of free space is 120 pi ohms, where pi is the
ratio of the circumference of a circle to its diameter.
--
73, Cecil, w5dxp.com
Old May 10th 07, 09:15 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

art wrote:
On 10 May, 11:45, wrote:
robert casey wrote:
art wrote:
[...]

As for "legitamacy" (sic), I have an EE degree and 35 years experience
in the field, do you?

As for speaking for others, I mearly noted that babbling nonsense
about "magnetic electrons emitted from a radiator" not being in the
article will not be a surprise to most of the people who post here.

You haven't yet capitulated on the static subject or negated the truth
of the mathematics and examples supplied. Just stating consistently
that you can't this or you can't that just doesn't elevate your
stature.

I haven't a clue what all that babble means as with most of your
babbling, strung on sentence structured, non-paragraph formatted,
rambling, postings.

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.
Old May 10th 07, 09:45 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
art art is offline

From:http://whatis.techtarget.com/definit...845268,00.html

Mathematically, the Zo of free space is equal to the square root of the
ratio of the permeability of free space (µo) in henrys per meter (H/m)
to the permittivity of free space (o) in farads per meter (F/m):

Zo = (µo/o)1/2

= [(1.257 x 10-6 H/m)/(8.85 x 10-12 F/m)]1/2

= 377 ohms (approximately)

The exact value of the Zo of free space is 120 pi ohms, where pi is the
ratio of the circumference of a circle to its diameter.
--
73, Cecil, w5dxp.com

O.k. Cecil I will for the moment embrace that a ratio must have a unit
of measurement which puts me in line with all the amateurs of this
newsgroup (see I am flexible). I will also change from particles now,
to electrons and now to protons as requested ( see I am flexible
again)
For my interest, what is the unit that must be used for the front to
back ratio of a directive antenna?
Regards
Art

Old May 10th 07, 09:58 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"Cecil Moore" wrote in message
t...

From: http://whatis.techtarget.com/definit...845268,00.html

Mathematically, the Zo of free space is equal to the square root of the
ratio of the permeability of free space (µo) in henrys per meter (H/m) to
the permittivity of free space (o) in farads per meter (F/m):

Zo = (µo/o)1/2

= [(1.257 x 10-6 H/m)/(8.85 x 10-12 F/m)]1/2

= 377 ohms (approximately)

The exact value of the Zo of free space is 120 pi ohms, where pi is the
ratio of the circumference of a circle to its diameter.
--
73, Cecil, w5dxp.com

Also the ratio of E/H. [(V/m)/(A/m)] = [ohms].

Frank

Old May 10th 07, 10:08 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

art wrote:
For my interest, what is the unit that must be used for the front to
back ratio of a directive antenna?

Power ratios are commonly stated in dB.
--
73, Cecil http://www.w5dxp.com
Old May 10th 07, 10:10 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Frank's wrote:
Also the ratio of E/H. [(V/m)/(A/m)] = [ohms].

Is that a cause or an effect? :-)
--
73, Cecil http://www.w5dxp.com
Old May 10th 07, 10:41 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Art wrote:
"For my interest, what is the unit that must be used for front to back
ratio of a directive antenna?"

I must be an idiot for venturing an answer, but ratios can be just
numbers, but numbers have origins. If radiated power in one direction is
twice that in another (reference), we can say it has a directive gain of
two or we can say it has a 3 dB gain. Front to back ratios have the same
origins and units. For legitimacy, Terman says on page 871 of his 1955
opus:
"The directive gain can be expressed either as a power ratio, or in
terms of the equivalent number of decibels.

Best regards, Richard Harrison, KB5WZI

Old May 10th 07, 11:17 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
art art is offline

On 10 May, 14:41, (Richard Harrison) wrote:
Art wrote:

"For my interest, what is the unit that must be used for front to back
ratio of a directive antenna?"

I must be an idiot for venturing an answer, but ratios can be just
numbers, but numbers have origins. If radiated power in one direction is
twice that in another (reference), we can say it has a directive gain of
two or we can say it has a 3 dB gain. Front to back ratios have the same
origins and units. For legitimacy, Terman says on page 871 of his 1955
opus:
"The directive gain can be expressed either as a power ratio, or in
terms of the equivalent number of decibels.

Best regards, Richard Harrison, KB5WZI

So it is now the norm not to cancel units of measurement in physics?
Woe is me. Free speech takes on a new meaning for some but not
acceptable from others meaning a term for a formula can now be called
a ratio with units of one's choice. Still, this is amateur radio after
all, it does not have to follow professional standards as most was
learned in the CB era

FA: @$10NOS LEWIS & KAUFMAN, Ltd. LOS GATOS 254 ELECTRON TUBERARE wa2rqy Boatanchors 0 December 12th 06 04:10 PM
WTB: Tube, electron = 6DR7 AL G. Swap 0 February 25th 06 09:01 PM
FA: EIMAC 3-500Z ELECTRON TUBE AND HR-6 PLATE CAP [email protected] Swap 0 June 15th 05 05:28 AM
Lennie's Back In Form...Old Rant's...Same Form... K4YZ Policy 18 May 12th 05 11:59 PM
inducors/form factors/radiation revisited Art Unwin KB9MZ Antenna 18 January 11th 04 05:30 PM