Old May 31st 07, 03:13 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default Water burns!

Water burns!
Man looking for cancer cure hopes to solve energy crisis
5:00 p.m. Eastern

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/ar...TICLE_ID=55934

By Joe Kovacs
© 2007 WorldNetDaily.com

Is the solution to America's energy needs as simple as a trip to the beach?

The idea is a fascinating one as a Florida man searching for a cancer cure
may have stumbled onto a virtually limitless source of energy: salt water.

John Kanzius of Sanibel Island, Fla., demonstrates how salt water burns
after bombarded with radio waves from a machine he invented. (courtesy
WPBF-TV)

John Kanzius, 63, is a broadcast engineer who formerly owned several TV and
radio stations, before retiring in Sanibel Island, Fla.

Five years ago, he was diagnosed with a severe form of leukemia, and began a
quest to find a kinder, gentler way to treat the disease compared to harsh
chemotherapy.

In October 2003, he had an epiphany: kill cancer with radio waves. He then
devised a machine that emits radio waves in an attempt to slay cancerous
cells, while leaving healthy cells unharmed.

His experiments in fighting cancer have become so successful, one physician
was quoted as saying, "We could be getting close to grabbing the Holy
Grail."

But in the midst of his experiments as he was trying to take salt out of
water, Kanzius discovered his machine could do what some may have thought
was impossible: making water burn.

"On our way to try to do desalinization, we came up with something that
burns, and it looks in this case that salt water perhaps could be used as a
fuel to replace the carbon footsteps that we've been using all these years,
i.e., fossil fuels," Kanzius said.

The possible ramifications of the discovery are almost mind-boggling, as
cars could be fueled by salt water instead of gasoline, hydroelectric
plants could be built along the shore, and homes could be heated without
worrying about supplies of oil.

"It doesn't have to be ocean salt water," Kanzius said. "It burns just as
well when we add salt to tap water."

Kanzius has partnered with Charles Rutkowski, general manager of Industrial
Sales and Manufacturing, a Millcreek, Pa., company that builds the
radio-wave generators.

"I've done this [burning experiment] countless times and it still amazes
me," Rutkowski told the Erie Times-News. "Here we are paying $3 a gallon
for gas, and this is a device that seems to turn salt water into an
alternative fuel."

Kanzius has been told it's actually hydrogen that's burning, as his machine
generates enough heat to break down the chemical bond between hydrogen and
oxygen that makes up water.

"I have never heard of such a thing," Alice Deckert, Ph.D., chairwoman of
Allegheny College's chemistry department, told the Times-News. "There
doesn't seem to be enough energy in radio waves to break the chemical bonds
and cause that kind of reaction."

Thus far, Kanzius' discovery has not received extensive national publicity,
but has been featured on several local television news programs, including
WPBF-TV in West Palm Beach, Fla., WSEE-TV in Erie, Pa., and WKYC-TV in
Cleveland.

"We discovered that if you use a piece of paper towel as a wick, it lights
every single time and you can start it and stop it at will by turning the
radio waves on and off," Kanzius told the Times-News as he watched a test
tube of salt water burn.

"And look, the paper itself doesn't burn," he added. "Well, it burns but the
paper is not consumed."

Kanzius said he hasn't decided whether to share his fuel discovery with
government or private business, though he'd prefer a federal grant to
develop it.

"I'm afraid that if I join up with some big energy company, they will say it
doesn't work and shelve it, even if it does work," Kanzius told the paper.

Video of TV news reports of water burning can be seen from these affiliates:

WPBF-TV in West Palm Beach, Fla.

WSEE-TV in Erie, Pa.

WKYC-TV in Cleveland
Old May 31st 07, 06:41 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Yet another sad commentary on the sorry state of science education in
this country. Not so much the "inventor" as the dupes who have such a
poor understanding of basic fundamental principles that they believe it
and report it as news.

Roy Lewallen, W7EL

Old May 31st 07, 07:12 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Roy Lewallen wrote:
Yet another sad commentary on the sorry state of science education in
this country. Not so much the "inventor" as the dupes who have such a
poor understanding of basic fundamental principles that they believe it
and report it as news.

Roy Lewallen, W7EL

I'd say it is pretty obvious Roy did not view the video!

Yes, hard to believe and I would refrain from final judgment on if it is
absolutely real. However, the video certainly makes it worth looking into.

My only real skepticism is if the output in heat from the
hydrogen+oxygen burning is more than the input of RF to generate the
breakdown of the hydrogen/oxygen bond ... that I GREATLY doubt.

Regards,
JS

Old May 31st 07, 07:40 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

You can't get more energy out of anything than what you put in. You can't
create energy. You can only transform it from one form to another.

Old May 31st 07, 08:00 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Alfred Lorona wrote:
You can't get more energy out of anything than what you put in. You
can't create energy. You can only transform it from one form to another.

And, just what did you think I said?

You repeat me ...

Regards,
JS

Old May 31st 07, 12:55 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Kanzius said he hasn't decided whether to share his fuel discovery
with
government or private business, though he'd prefer a federal grant to
develop it.

************************************************** *********************************
In my nearly 7 decades of wandering about the surface of the earth,
statements like this have always been my indicator that the "inventor"
knows he is on shaky ground... And the epiphany that a big energy
company will just 'kill it' puts him firmly in the company of the 100
mpg carburetor inventors, that all those nasty corporations
suppress...
The Moeller Skycar, Ionized Water, Magnetic Fuel Conditioner, and
countless other 'inventions', fall into this catagory of interesting
ideas but not useable in the real world because they a
Economically a loser
Mechanically unstable
Just plain dangerous
Simply don't work
etc....

In this case he has come up with an interesting way to perform
electrolysis of water - I approve of anyone who likes RF!
The problem will be (as pointed out by others) is that it takes more
energy input than you get back as the hydrogen and oxygen
recombine... Another problem is that the H,O, Na, Cl are co-mingled
gasous products of the reaction which is not desireable when you want
separation for chemical or physical reasons... You can see by the
color of the flame that sodium is being heated..
Perhaps a use for this method of cracking hydrogen loose will be
found, but I have my doubts at the moment...

denny / k8do - cynic, critic, ham, old lab rat

Old May 31st 07, 08:43 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Alfred Lorona wrote:
You can't get more energy out of anything than what you put in. You
can't create energy. You can only transform it from one form to another.

After watching the video closely I grabbed a shot of his RF generator's
meter. The scale goes to 1400 watts. So just for the fun of it lets
assume the efficiency and say he is drawing 1.5kw to get a little orange
flame. I think a light bulb would do much better and that's not a good
example of efficiency.

Paul
Old May 31st 07, 01:27 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Roy Lewallen wrote:
Yet another sad commentary on the sorry state of science education in
this country. Not so much the "inventor" as the dupes who have such a
poor understanding of basic fundamental principles that they believe it
and report it as news.

Like reporting a 3 nS delay through a ten inch long,
100 turn, two inch diameter, 75m loading coil? :-)
--
73, Cecil http://www.w5dxp.com
Old May 31st 07, 02:02 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Roy . its worse than that, the media didnt report on it because they
believed there may be some credability to what the guy did. They did because
it is news, becuse there are so many thousands of other people out there
that dont have a clue about basic scientific fundamentals. They did it
because the world is in such a panic about energy reserves that people want
to hear this junk. The media takes no responsibility for filtering out the
garbage.

Jimmie

Old May 31st 07, 04:58 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
art art is offline

Tony Jaa wrote:
[...]

WKYC-TV in Cleveland- Hide quoted text -

I cringe at the idea of the news media filtering out the garbage!
It is for the viewer to determine what is garbage and what is not.
Many a multimillionaire owes his fortune to what others have
considered garbage where others have deemed themselves as
educated enough to detrmine what is garbage and what is treasure.
Look at the good side of this picture instead of piling on ridicule.
Here we have is a human being who is fighting for something new
and beneficial to all with all the energy and education that he
has within him so that he can hold on to life. The life he has
is enjoyable because he believes he is on the brink of success,
where his life is still usefull instead of lying on a hospital bed.
For a human to be brought from sadness into happiness is a
wonderfull thing that typifies the human race and encouragement
is what a human needs instead of derision to enjoy a life that
has been given him. It is not sad to see a life ending in enjoyment
but it is sad to pile on derision on how a human carries on the
fight for life even in the light of a meagre education.
If he was my grandpa I would encourage him until the end and be
very proud of him and not use my education to discourage him.
Actually the news media should use that story for those people
who are interested in what is good in life as well as those
who only have derision for the efforts of others.
Regards
Art