Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old June 1st 07, 04:03 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
art art is offline

Default Gaussian antenna planar form

Since in the past I noted that amateurs
preffered their antennas to be planar I thought
I would force Gaussian elements to be
constructed some what in line like a yagi
but ofcourse spacings will go where ever they want
to attain over all equilibrium.
The results are as follows when striving for
maximum gain. ( 14.25 Mhz)

# el boom lth inches gain dbi

2 125 12.85
3 454 14.96
4 460 14.85
5 451 14.98
6 448 14.89
7 440 15.18
8 441 15.20
9 434 15.18
10 434 15.13
A gaussian has a natural good reasonable front to back
so I left that out of the equation.
The above did not show any variation in band width ie
it stayed around 65 degrees so there is no focussing effect
around which a yagi is designed
As can be seen from the above, after you get a length of approx 34
feet
no amount of extra elements added is going to provide more gain
or change in radiated pattern and this pattern will be achieved
with as little as 3 elements.
A normal gaussian normally moves to a cubical volume similar
to a stacked arrangement while still only requiring a single feed
point so later I will take a look at that.
From the above one can see that approx 15 dbi is the most

that can be expected from a forced inline array with the pattern
of radiation staying constant showing that max efficiency has
been reached. I will leave it to others to give their take on the
above
listing.
Art

Gaussian antenna aunwin art Antenna 57 March 3rd 07 09:36 PM
FS WiNRADiO AX-31B Planar Log-Periodic Antenna HK Swap 0 May 30th 05 01:26 PM
how to feed a planar monopole antenna using ie3d skdas Antenna 0 May 10th 05 07:39 PM
FA: WiNRADiO AX-31B PLANAR LP ANTENNA HK Swap 0 September 16th 04 05:44 AM
FA: WiNRADiO AX-31B Planar Log-Periodic Antenna Bill Crocker Scanner 3 January 18th 04 02:31 AM