Old June 28th 07, 04:25 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default Ham license Archive

On Fri, 15 Jun 2007 11:14:51 +0000, Scott wrote:

I don't think a callbook listing would be acceptable "proof" for the FCC
to give him credit for having passed the code test in the past. But,
again, since no code test is required anymore, he can simply re-test for
any class license and request his old call as a vanity callsign.

Actually, it did provide the necessary proof for 5WPM. One just had to
be careful to include the year of the callbook in the photocopy. I used
old callbooks a number of times at the VEC's recommendation.

But, the point remains that proof of passing the Morse Code exam is now a
moot point, so this is just an acedemic exercise.

73, de Nate

--

"The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds,
the pessimist fears this is true."
Old July 9th 07, 02:20 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

AFAIK Callbook listing was acceptable proof for the element for Techicians
prior to 1987. Seriously! What would be insufficient about it? Generals
with 5 WPM did not get credit. They would have to retaken the element, if
the license had expired. All moot, now.

Bill
n1ey

I don't think a callbook listing would be acceptable "proof" for the
FCC to give him credit for having passed the code test in the past.
But, again, since no code test is required anymore, he can simply
re-test for any class license and request his old call as a vanity
callsign.

Scott
N0EDV

--
---
William O'Hara
Old July 9th 07, 12:15 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

My thinking was that with all the computer "paint" programs, a guy could
scan the page from an old callbook and "edit" the listing to make
himself any class he desired. I always thought the FCC required an
original license to be shown along with a CSCE to prove Morse credit.
But as we've both said, it doesn't matter anymore...

Scott
N0EDV

William O'Hara wrote:
AFAIK Callbook listing was acceptable proof for the element for Techicians
prior to 1987. Seriously! What would be insufficient about it? Generals
with 5 WPM did not get credit. They would have to retaken the element, if
the license had expired. All moot, now.

Bill
n1ey

I don't think a callbook listing would be acceptable "proof" for the
FCC to give him credit for having passed the code test in the past.
But, again, since no code test is required anymore, he can simply
re-test for any class license and request his old call as a vanity
callsign.

Scott
N0EDV

--
Scott
http://corbenflyer.tripod.com/
Gotta Fly or Gonna Die
Building RV-4 (Super Slow Build Version)
Old August 16th 07, 11:13 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Scott wrote in
:

As I actually volunteer as a VE I can tell you the being in the book is
sufficient.

Most of them can't even find the old books!

Access to archive jawod Antenna 1 December 30th 05 11:23 PM
Geo speak archive Steveo CB 0 December 23rd 04 01:00 PM
Geo speak archive Steveo CB 29 December 21st 04 02:49 PM
The Italian HF Archive Andrea Shortwave 0 December 22nd 03 01:19 PM
Looking for H-P archive Bob G. Mahrenholz Boatanchors 2 December 5th 03 11:19 PM