Old June 27th 07, 11:00 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
art art is offline

Default 20 gaussian questions for art

On 27 Jun, 14:24, "Dave" wrote:
"art" wrote in message

ups.com...

On 27 Jun, 14:02, "Dave" wrote:
"art" wrote in message

roups.com...

On 26 Jun, 16:36, "Dave" wrote:
"art" wrote in message

groups.com...

On 26 Jun, 16:09, "Dave" wrote:
"art" wrote in message

groups.com...

On 26 Jun, 15:17, "Dave" wrote:
"art" wrote in message

groups.com...

On 26 Jun, 14:21, "Dave" wrote:
"art" wrote in message

groups.com...

On 25 Jun, 13:10, "Dave" wrote:
Ok, lets try it this way... step by step, inch by inch,
we
may
yet
figure
out what this antenna is.

First question:
What is the least number of wires needed to build a
gaussian
antenna?

Not necessary Dave. Richard is very familiar with the
subject
at
hand
as well as its underpinnings that can be understood by EEs
and is providing a reference that will make all things
clear.
You asked for it and your wish is going to be granted in a
clear
and precise manner that you and the group have requested.
You should now be able to build it yourself with out mumbo
jumbo
from me to confuse you.
No need for me anymore, you now have an expert at your
call.
Don't forget Poyntings input.
Art

whats a 'Richard'??

I want to hear it straight from the source. I have asked
over
and
over
for
you to define the terms and you can't put it into words this
poor
engineer
can understand, so i thought we would try to build an example
from
the
bottom up. but if you can't help with that then maybe the
whole
thing
is
just out of my reach and i should go back to good old yagis
and
phased
arrays.- Hide quoted text -

Sounds reasonable

if it sounds so reasonable, how many wires does it take?- Hide
quoted
text -

As many as you want and have fun.
The subject is dead. Let it go
Join the boiling water saga that
is where the action is
Art

no, this is my subject so i'll say when it's dead... i don't want
know
how many i can use, i want to know the minimum number necessary.-
Hide
quoted text -

One

ok, thats a start.

assuming i want to operate on 14195khz, how long should the wire be?-

Whatever wire you have throw it away and get a longer one

ok, random length... can do. now how do i connect it to a piece of
coax?- Hide quoted text -

O.K. For the last time I will go along until such time
it is obvious you have other intentions.So I start again.

Make a dipole of random shapes and heights that is resonant
at your design frequency. Note the radiator can be any length
as long as it is resonant. For the sake of this discussion
or interrogation let us use a plain half wave dipole.
The feed coax feeds the dipole at it's center in the normal way.
Art KB9MZ......XG

ok, so its a plain half wave dipole, fed with normal coax in the normal way.
so what makes it 'gaussian'?- Hide quoted text -

Because it's resonant at the desired frequency. This is the
basic form of a Gaussian antenna which is also the starting
point of a Yagi antenna if viewed as a single radiator
Art

Old June 27th 07, 11:28 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"art" wrote in message
oups.com...
On 27 Jun, 14:24, "Dave" wrote:
"art" wrote in message

ups.com...

On 27 Jun, 14:02, "Dave" wrote:
"art" wrote in message

roups.com...

On 26 Jun, 16:36, "Dave" wrote:
"art" wrote in message

groups.com...

On 26 Jun, 16:09, "Dave" wrote:
"art" wrote in message

groups.com...

On 26 Jun, 15:17, "Dave" wrote:
"art" wrote in message

groups.com...

On 26 Jun, 14:21, "Dave" wrote:
"art" wrote in message

groups.com...

On 25 Jun, 13:10, "Dave" wrote:
[...]

so 'gaussian' == 'resonant'
why didn't you say so in the first place?
so a properly tuned yagi-uda array is a 'gaussian' antenna?

Old June 28th 07, 12:11 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
art art is offline

On 27 Jun, 15:28, "Dave" wrote:
"art" wrote in message

oups.com...

On 27 Jun, 14:24, "Dave" wrote:
"art" wrote in message

roups.com...

On 27 Jun, 14:02, "Dave" wrote:
"art" wrote in message

roups.com...

On 26 Jun, 16:36, "Dave" wrote:
"art" wrote in message

groups.com...

On 26 Jun, 16:09, "Dave" wrote:
"art" wrote in message

groups.com...

On 26 Jun, 15:17, "Dave" wrote:
"art" wrote in message

groups.com...

On 26 Jun, 14:21, "Dave" wrote:
"art" wrote in message

groups.com...

On 25 Jun, 13:10, "Dave" wrote:
[...]

so a properly tuned yagi-uda array is a 'gaussian' antenna?- Hide quoted text -

First David before I go on others may jump in
and take the thread away from you. If that occurres
we can talk via E mail so that you are not penalised
They can use another thread in parallel which
I will respond to. This thread will remain a
civil and academic interrogation as you have requested.
No, I would not stretch things that far based on
just one element or one piece of a jigsaw puzzle
A Yagi array is based on an array of elements
not just one. You wanted to procede in small steps
as provided by you, specific and to the point.
For starters a Yagi array is planar and a Gaussian
array antenna can be and usually , from my
research, is otherwise. Note the Gaussian element
is of random shape and height but always resonant
and not necessarily tied to a 1/2 wl.
Art

Old June 28th 07, 12:23 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

K7ITM wrote:
On Jun 27, 8:18 am, "Tom Donaly" wrote:
Richard Harrison wrote:
Art wrote:
"Whatever wire you have throw it away and get a longer one."
That response is incompatible with Art`s previous specification of an
antenna resonant in its parts and in total.
Best regards, Richard Harrison, KB5WZI

I think Art senses a Socratic interrogation developing here, that might
be an attempt to discredit his ideas. People with theories don't like to
have them questioned.
73,
Tom Donaly, KA6RUH

No, Tom, SOME people with theories don't like to have them
questioned. I welcome questions. I welcome examples and counter-
examples. I would hope anyone wanting a deeper understanding of the
universe in which they live would want the same. I like Richard
Feynman's image of a huge game board, like a chess board, but we can
only see a small part of it, and only watch it over a short period of
time. From what little we see, we try to figure out the rules of the
game, but we can never be certain we've figured them all out.
Accurate, honest reporting of observations is welcome, for it is
through them that we can share in the learning. I do tend to distrust
those who report observations and are unwilling to openly discuss
them.

Cheers,
Tom

Hi, Tom,
You're right, I should have written "dogmas." Maybe that's
wrong, too, though. At any rate, a vigorous discussion never hurt anyone.
73,
Tom Donaly, KA6RUH
Old June 28th 07, 05:26 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
art art is offline

On 27 Jun, 16:11, art wrote:
On 27 Jun, 15:28, "Dave" wrote:

"art" wrote in message

roups.com...

On 27 Jun, 14:24, "Dave" wrote:
"art" wrote in message

roups.com...

On 27 Jun, 14:02, "Dave" wrote:
"art" wrote in message

roups.com...

On 26 Jun, 16:36, "Dave" wrote:
"art" wrote in message

groups.com...

On 26 Jun, 16:09, "Dave" wrote:
"art" wrote in message

groups.com...

On 26 Jun, 15:17, "Dave" wrote:
"art" wrote in message

groups.com...

On 26 Jun, 14:21, "Dave" wrote:
"art" wrote in message

groups.com...

On 25 Jun, 13:10, "Dave" wrote:
[...]

Art- Hide quoted text -

For those you may be interested I did not move to E mail
it was just that the interogation stopped after
my last response. Why I do not know but at least you
know that the thread stopping was not due to anything
on my part. Obviously this thread is now dead.
Regards
Art

Old June 28th 07, 05:34 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

art wrote:

For those you may be interested I did not move to E mail
it was just that the interogation stopped after
my last response. Why I do not know but at least you
know that the thread stopping was not due to anything
on my part. Obviously this thread is now dead.
Regards
Art

Art:

If you ever present enough data where a simple 3 element construction of
your design might be attempted--I'll be there ...

Regards,
JS
Old June 28th 07, 06:28 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On Thu, 28 Jun 2007 09:34:17 -0700, John Smith I
wrote:

art wrote:
Obviously this thread is now dead.

DOA is the technical term.

If you ever present enough data where a simple 3 element construction of
your design might be attempted--I'll be there ...

He did that. You weren't there? The invitation was probably lost in
the mail. This 3 element construction conformed to the conventional
outcome of poor performance for having ignored first principles. Note
that ignorance was a forced choice, not a haphazard accident. Arthur
worked hard to design efficiency out of his theory.

Optimization, ironically, is forced out of the goal of the software he
uses to "optimize" through a crippled set of constraints. There are
certainly a lot of conflicting goals here, but achieving a patent and
validation here must be worth the pain. Reminds me of the "Life of
Brian."

What Arthur is laying claim to is his unique description of a jumble
of elements that can only be expected to perform to the same degree of
inadequacy. Hence, the gausssian arrays paradigm explains how a
hodge-podge of elements, that through poor efficiency and total lack
of consideration for effectively adding their phase contributions,
present a muddled performance at best. I must admit that few patents
deliberately seek to corner mediocrity.

It has been long established through common sense that optimal
performance is intrinsically related to all elements presenting a
boresight alignment to the wave front such that each element offers
the most efficient phase coupling. Arthur's paradigm explicitly
decouples all efficient alignments (which is unpatentable as being
long-standing usage of the common practitioner) to focus on
deliberately enforced poor efficiency (which is patentable as this is
no one's marketable goal).

This poor focus is found both in terms of antenna development, and the
expression of its particulars. In essence, the less Arthur says
explicitly about his paradigm (choosing, instead to mock any
questioner - or ignoring others like Herbert), then the less chance of
his failure being evident.

However, we do get glimpses of the chief characteristics:
On Wed, 27 Jun 2007 14:13:21 -0700, art wrote:
Note the radiator can be any length as long as it is resonant.

We all note there is nothing here that sets gausssian arrays apart
from standard ones - even to the point of noting there is nothing of
an array in:
On Tue, 26 Jun 2007 16:15:10 -0700, art wrote:
i want to know the minimum number necessary.

One

Hence we find ourselves in an old arena with an historical match
between gausssian arrays and fractal antennas, both claiming that the
dipole is their legitimate claim drawn under their umbrella of
uniqueness.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC
Old June 28th 07, 08:42 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"art" wrote in message
oups.com...
On 27 Jun, 15:28, "Dave" wrote:
"art" wrote in message

oups.com...

On 27 Jun, 14:24, "Dave" wrote:
"art" wrote in message

roups.com...

On 27 Jun, 14:02, "Dave" wrote:
"art" wrote in message

roups.com...

On 26 Jun, 16:36, "Dave" wrote:
"art" wrote in message

groups.com...

On 26 Jun, 16:09, "Dave" wrote:
"art" wrote in message

groups.com...

On 26 Jun, 15:17, "Dave" wrote:
"art" wrote in message

groups.com...

On 26 Jun, 14:21, "Dave" wrote:
"art" wrote in message

groups.com...

On 25 Jun, 13:10, "Dave" wrote:
[...]

no, the interrogation isn't over... it was just my bedtime.

ok, so ignore the yagi for now. you classify a resonant random length wire
as a gaussian element. is there any other essential characteristic besides
resonance? How does 'equilibrium' fit into the description?

Old June 28th 07, 09:03 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

After poring myself mango margarita and energizing my dead brain cells, I am
cocluding that:

We see all kinds of dormant "geniouses" coming up with antenna designs that
defy the laws of physics and 100 some years of antenna developments. Claims
to various miraculous new principles and patent applications aimed at those
who have no clues about antennas, but are a potential suckers for
commercialization.

We know how the dipole or vertical work, their designs and factors affecting
reduced size were beaten to death over 100 years and basic principles are
known regardles if someone claims to have purple electrons skirting the laws
of physics. Freaken fractals outdoing the full size radiators, EH splitting
the atom and E - H fields, UofRI storing the energy in a coil, yadayadayada
etc.

Art's mumbo-jumbo troll and superiority of XG mechanical engineer over dumb
amateurs is another pathetic example of trying to mirror his "patent"
immortalizing his "invention" that director is a reflector and vice versa.
Poor reflection on patent office and the "inventor". Yet another try with
"Goosian soup", equilibrium and who knws what.

I have been foolling around with radio and searching and designing killer
antennas for some 50 years. In the category of horizontal beam antennas I
designed my Razor Beams, which I believe produce the highest gain per booml
ength (or number of elements) and decent pattern and bandwidth. They were
tested in the numerous contest and nailed bunch of world records
demonstrating their performance over other designs. If Art's Goose can beat
that, I will write a check for $1000 to him and apologize for doubting his
superiority. Judging by his posts on other subjects, I doubt that I would
ever need to do that.
So far it appears that it is just another Artroll and craving for arguments
and attention. It is getting tiring and pathetic.

Feeding the dipole and telling it that the electrons or photons are purple
Gausians, is not going to change it to far-out performance, unless really,
for 100 years of antenna engineering we were dumbasses amateurs, including
W8JK.

The glass is empty, time to ingore the drivell and gat back to real life and
antennas.
Time for the fine cigaaaar!

73, Yuri da bada k3BU/m

Old June 28th 07, 09:10 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
art art is offline

On 28 Jun, 12:42, "Dave" wrote:
"art" wrote in message

oups.com...

On 27 Jun, 15:28, "Dave" wrote:
"art" wrote in message

groups.com...

On 27 Jun, 14:24, "Dave" wrote:
"art" wrote in message

roups.com...

On 27 Jun, 14:02, "Dave" wrote:
"art" wrote in message

roups.com...

On 26 Jun, 16:36, "Dave" wrote:
"art" wrote in message

groups.com...

On 26 Jun, 16:09, "Dave" wrote:
"art" wrote in message

groups.com...

On 26 Jun, 15:17, "Dave" wrote:
"art" wrote in message

groups.com...

On 26 Jun, 14:21, "Dave" wrote:
"art" wrote in message

groups.com...

On 25 Jun, 13:10, "Dave" wrote:
[...]

resonance? How does 'equilibrium' fit into the description?- Hide quoted text -

First of all we are talking about arrays and not just a
single element . Now one must consider where to put the
next element. If we are space concious it would seem that
putting both elements close to each other but not as close
as the wire dia compared to the spacing. This element has the
same confines as the first element so one must attain
resonance of both elements at the same time while in
the proximetry of each other which allows for a descision
loater as to which element/s is going to be driven.
Ofcourse you will notice that major differences occurs
to the norm because of the close proximetry of the elements.
Since I suggested that we use 1/2 wave elements it would
also be advisable at this time all elements straight
but at different heights and angles to each other
so that multishaped elements,which can be used, do not
complicate the theme of what I am describing.

( The following side note goes beyond what the question
is but I am sure it will help the further you travel down the road.)

What we are now simulating is a Gaussian field with
its normal pill box. Normally one only sees static
particles in equilibrium but I have taken the liberty
of adding the array elements upon which the static
particles are resting upon and inside the arbitary border.

Gaussian statics law art Antenna 147 May 5th 07 06:05 PM
Gaussian statics law Dave Antenna 0 March 9th 07 09:13 PM
Gaussian antenna aunwin art Antenna 57 March 3rd 07 09:36 PM
Gaussian equilibrium art Antenna 0 February 26th 07 08:54 PM
Gaussian law and time varying fields art Antenna 61 December 29th 06 05:35 PM