Old July 18th 07, 01:05 AM posted to sci.electronics.basics,rec.radio.shortwave,rec.radio.amateur.antenna,alt.cellular.cingular,alt.internet.wireless

Default How I would like to change the cell phone industry [was AM electromagnetic waves: 20 KHz modulation frequency on an astronomically-low carrier frequency]

On Jul 16, 7:36 pm, "Brenda Ann" wrote:

Analog satellite still uses FM, but there is very little of that left. 30MHz
wide channels. Think there used to be one version of SECAM (in France, IIRC)
that used FM video. That's gone now, too.

Actually SECAM also uses AM for the luminance signal. However, it uses
FM for the color [chroma] signal.

Old July 18th 07, 01:06 AM posted to sci.electronics.basics,rec.radio.shortwave,rec.radio.amateur.antenna,alt.cellular.cingular,alt.internet.wireless

On Jul 16, 6:07 pm, "NotMe" wrote:

The only FM on standard TV is the audio. Video is vestigial sideband AM.

I want it to be the opposite.

Old July 18th 07, 01:13 AM posted to sci.electronics.basics,rec.radio.shortwave,rec.radio.amateur.antenna,alt.cellular.cingular,alt.internet.wireless
DTC DTC is offline

Default How I would like to change the cell phone industry [was AM

Jeff Liebermann wrote:
I still own a service monitor and still turn it on
waiting for the display to mark the arrival of the alien visitors.

No doubt waiting for the Navasites from the Shirley Maclean alternative
universe...with their Extended GSM communicators.

Old July 18th 07, 01:36 AM posted to sci.electronics.basics,rec.radio.shortwave,rec.radio.amateur.antenna,alt.cellular.cingular,alt.internet.wireless

On Tue, 17 Jul 2007 19:13:33 -0500, DTC
wrote in :

Jeff Liebermann wrote:
I still own a service monitor and still turn it on
waiting for the display to mark the arrival of the alien visitors.

No doubt waiting for the Navasites from the Shirley Maclean alternative
universe...with their Extended GSM communicators.

Hint: Extended GSM is a tower feature, not a handset feature.

--
Best regards, FAQ FOR CINGULAR WIRELESS:
John Navas http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Cingular_Wireless_FAQ
Old July 18th 07, 01:37 AM posted to sci.electronics.basics,rec.radio.shortwave,rec.radio.amateur.antenna,alt.cellular.cingular,alt.internet.wireless

On Wed, 18 Jul 2007 00:05:01 GMT, wrote in
:

In rec.radio.amateur.antenna John Navas wrote:
On Sun, 15 Jul 2007 20:45:02 GMT,
wrote in
Cell phones already use frequencies in the 3 GHz region.

False.

1.9 GHz is in the -region- of 3 GHz.

False.

Old July 18th 07, 01:45 AM posted to sci.electronics.basics,rec.radio.shortwave,rec.radio.amateur.antenna,alt.cellular.cingular,alt.internet.wireless

In rec.radio.amateur.antenna Radium wrote:
On Jul 16, 6:07 pm, "NotMe" wrote:

The only FM on standard TV is the audio. Video is vestigial sideband AM.

I want it to be the opposite.

I want you to go away until you at least have a high school education
in science and techology and learn how to use Google.

I don't think either is going to happen.

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.
Old July 18th 07, 01:55 AM posted to sci.electronics.basics,rec.radio.shortwave,rec.radio.amateur.antenna,alt.cellular.cingular,alt.internet.wireless

In rec.radio.amateur.antenna John Navas wrote:
On Wed, 18 Jul 2007 00:05:01 GMT, wrote in
:

In rec.radio.amateur.antenna John Navas wrote:
On Sun, 15 Jul 2007 20:45:02 GMT,
wrote in
Cell phones already use frequencies in the 3 GHz region.

False.

1.9 GHz is in the -region- of 3 GHz.

False.

It certainly is within about 20%.

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.
Old July 18th 07, 02:08 AM posted to sci.electronics.basics,rec.radio.shortwave,rec.radio.amateur.antenna,alt.cellular.cingular,alt.internet.wireless

On Wed, 18 Jul 2007 00:55:01 GMT, wrote in
:

In rec.radio.amateur.antenna John Navas wrote:
On Wed, 18 Jul 2007 00:05:01 GMT,
wrote in
:

In rec.radio.amateur.antenna John Navas wrote:
On Sun, 15 Jul 2007 20:45:02 GMT,
wrote in
Cell phones already use frequencies in the 3 GHz region.

False.

1.9 GHz is in the -region- of 3 GHz.

False.

It certainly is within about 20%.

No radio engineer would agree.

Old July 18th 07, 02:09 AM posted to sci.electronics.basics,rec.radio.shortwave,rec.radio.amateur.antenna,alt.cellular.cingular,alt.internet.wireless

On Wed, 18 Jul 2007 00:45:00 GMT, wrote in
:

On Jul 16, 6:07 pm, "NotMe" wrote:

The only FM on standard TV is the audio. Video is vestigial sideband AM.

I want it to be the opposite.

I want you to go away until you at least have a high school education
in science and techology and learn how to use Google.

I don't think either is going to happen.

Probably not, but that's Usenet.