Old July 16th 07, 05:15 PM posted to sci.electronics.basics,rec.radio.shortwave,rec.radio.amateur.antenna,alt.cellular.cingular,alt.internet.wireless
DTC DTC is offline

Default How I would like to change the cell phone industry [was AM

Radium wrote:
how would u like to change the cell phone industry?

Analog cells phones should stop using FM and should start using AM
with SHF frequencies - at least 3 GHz and at most 30 GHz.

I was not aware there was a compelling reason for analog cell phones to
stop using FM. Sounds like a solution looking for a problem.
Old July 17th 07, 02:42 AM posted to sci.electronics.basics,rec.radio.shortwave,rec.radio.amateur.antenna,alt.cellular.cingular,alt.internet.wireless

Default How I would like to change the cell phone industry [was AM electromagnetic waves: 20 KHz modulation frequency on an astronomically-low carrier frequency]

On Jul 16, 9:15 am, DTC wrote:

I was not aware there was a compelling reason for analog cell phones to
stop using FM. Sounds like a solution looking for a problem.

FM audio is boring -- no entertaining high-pitched tones from solar
prominences which would definitely be heard on AM audio.

OTOH, AM video is boring. FM video is better. As I said before, the Y
[luminance] signal should be carried on an FM wave rather than an AM
wave.

Analog radio-frequency audio devices should use AM.

Analog radio-frequency video devices should use FM.

Old July 17th 07, 03:30 AM posted to sci.electronics.basics,rec.radio.amateur.antenna,alt.cellular.cingular

"Radium" wrote in message
ps.com...

snip

Analog radio-frequency video devices should use FM.

Like satellite downlinks do? Yes, that's best for their purposes. Others
would fall in if it were best for them. Apparently it isn't.

Old July 17th 07, 04:09 PM posted to sci.electronics.basics,rec.radio.shortwave,rec.radio.amateur.antenna,alt.cellular.cingular,alt.internet.wireless

"Radium" wrote in message
ps.com...

OTOH, AM video is boring. FM video is better. As I said before, the Y
[luminance] signal should be carried on an FM wave rather than an AM
wave.

OK, but then, you're quite ignorant of anything remotely related
to this field, aren't you?

Bob M.