Old July 29th 07, 06:07 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default Your antenna is working great

"Rick" wrote in message
Sometimes on the HF bands you will hear a conversation that goes something
like this:

"The antenna here is an extended double Zepp, hung up between two pine

trees,
fed with 100 feet of open wire line."
Or
"The antenna here is a tribander up 50 feet on a crank up tower."

And the guy on the other side of the QSO will reply, "That antenna is

doing a
geat job for you, you're 5 and 9 here."

My question is, How does he know? How does he know the antenna is doing a
great job? Because he hears you 5 by 9?

Hey, Rick -- You're 5-9 on my monitor. Your keyboard is working great! ;-)
I agree, it's just become a ragchewing convention.

"Sal"

Old July 29th 07, 02:10 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

You arc weld of of course....

Haven't you seen those blue fluro looking boxes that make zapping
noises? They are the production line for such things..

grin

Bob

david@g1zqc wrote:

How do you make the coax/feeder connections and is the insect dead or
still alive?