Old August 30th 07, 06:26 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default Photon vs Wave emissions from antennas?

The photon/wave properties of rf still remains a mystery ... and proof
hard to come by.

Regards,
JS

My photon emitters a a flashlight, TV, computer monitor
and
my photon receivers are : eyes, cameras, and binoculars
my antenna only reflects incidental photons.
The amount of photons reflected is proportional to the exposed surface area.
amazing.
can you capture a photon and release it at Will?
Would Will need to duck, or would blinking suffice?
Is a photon a particle, or does it conform to the wave theory?
Since light cannot escape a black hole, can we assume light consists of
particles with mass?
Can these particles move slower than the so-called 'speed of light'?
Does high tide affect the speed of a photon?
At what point does a gravity wave affect a photon or light wave?
These questions need answers, gentlemen, so lets get with it.
Let me know when you're done.

Old August 30th 07, 06:32 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

K7ITM wrote:r
. . .If you had no idea what a
passenger airplane was, but you were familiar with birds and busses,
would you get into a discussion about the new thing being a bird and
not a bus, or a bus and not a bird?
. . .

I know the answer to that one! And I also know who would be making the
majority of the postings.

Roy Lewallen, W7EL
Old August 30th 07, 06:43 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Roy Lewallen wrote in news:13dcljlrausna18
@corp.supernews.com:

I know the answer to that one! And I also know who would be making the
majority of the postings.

.... but, more importantly the last posting.

Owen
Old August 30th 07, 06:53 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

K7ITM wrote:

Hey, great job of leaping to confusion, John! ;-)

In ancient Sanskrit writings, written on palm leaves, in India,
long-long-ago, they described EVERYTHING only consisting of vibrations
(matter/energy) ... vibrational planes (dimensions), etc.

Perhaps, in the end, we will understand what they described ... or not.

Until then, let's have some fun. grin

Regards,
JS
Old August 30th 07, 01:01 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

EM waves are sets of coherent photons.
--
73, Cecil http://www.w5dxp.com

So Cecil , what should I call incoherent photons?
and welcome back

Anyway, back at the ranch, no one has brought up quantum
electrodynamics (Feynman would be unhappy - since all the photons
leaving the surface of the white hot, rotating, razor blade will
occupy all possible paths from there to your eye - including having
all of them emanate only from the razor's edge for an instant)

And, no one has invoked Schroedinger since looking at that photon will
cause it to disappear...

Now, let me discuss Alice - had Alice taken more of the potion and
grown large enough that the lens and retina of her eyes were millions
of 80 meter wavelengths across, she would indeed see your antenna glow
with pulses of 'light' as you key your transmitter, dit dit dit
dahhhhhh...

Speaking of which, I now feel the urge to put Beethoven's Fifth on the
turntable...

denny

Old August 30th 07, 01:03 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Yes, that is it, strings!
*********************************

JS, you are falling behind, it is now branes, not strings...

Geez, keep up man!

denny / k8do

Old August 30th 07, 01:15 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

can you capture a photon and release it at Will?

YES, DONE WITH LASERS IN A COLD TRAP

Would Will need to duck, or would blinking suffice?

DEPENDS UPON THE ENERGY OF THE PHOTON - IF IT IS A GAMMA, THEN DUCK!
Is a photon a particle, or does it conform to the wave theory?

YES
Since light cannot escape a black hole, can we assume light consists of
particles with mass?

NO. IT IS ENERGY AND E=MC^2
Can these particles move slower than the so-called 'speed of light'?

YUP.... REMEMBER SPEED IS PROPORTIONAL TO TIME AND TIME IS
PROPORTIONAL TO VELOCITY IT IS ALL RELATIVE
Does high tide affect the speed of a photon?

YUP BUT MY STOPWATCH HAS TROUBLE WITH SUCH SMALL TIME CHANGES
At what point does a gravity wave affect a photon or light wave?

AT ALL POINTS
These questions need answers, gentlemen, so lets get with it.
Let me know when you're done.

DONE

WHAT DO I WIN?

denny / k8do

BTW, while this is done in the spirit of fun all answers are accurate
as best I can make them based on my understanding of physics

Old August 30th 07, 01:26 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Denny wrote:
Yes, that is it, strings!
*********************************

JS, you are falling behind, it is now branes, not strings...

Geez, keep up man!

I'm having trouble keepin' up too! Lemme get this straight.... If we
visualize the photons as little burritos or somethin' like that...

Or maybe one of those moose toy things that when you pull the tail it
poops little jellybeans?

ARrgh!
Old August 30th 07, 01:55 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

jawod wrote:
PS, from a non-physicist perspective, "duality" is a concept that is fun
to debate.

For some individuals, it is a thorn in the side. :-)
--
73, Cecil http://www.w5dxp.com
Old August 30th 07, 02:07 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

John Smith wrote:
Yes, that is it, strings!

String theory does seem to resolve the
wave-particle "duality" problem.