Old August 30th 07, 02:22 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default Photon vs Wave emissions from antennas?

John Smith wrote:
In ancient Sanskrit writings, written on palm leaves, in India,
long-long-ago, they described EVERYTHING only consisting of vibrations
(matter/energy) ... vibrational planes (dimensions), etc.

The ancient Summerians made a drawing of our
solar system including Uranus and Pluto which
are invisible to the naked eye.
--
73, Cecil http://www.w5dxp.com
Old August 30th 07, 02:32 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Denny wrote:

WHAT DO I WIN?

denny / k8do

BTW, while this is done in the spirit of fun all answers are accurate
as best I can make them based on my understanding of physics

For that, you get the golden quantum badge of know-it-all-ism. However,
it has been misplaced; and, everyone is claiming they never touched
it--only looked at it!

Regards,
JS
Old August 30th 07, 02:32 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Denny wrote:
So Cecil , what should I call incoherent photons?

I'm not sure but I'm pretty sure you cannot
call them a single wave (function).

Speaking of which, I now feel the urge to put Beethoven's Fifth on the
turntable...

I prefer Glenlivet's fifth on my table.
--
73, Cecil http://www.w5dxp.com
Old August 30th 07, 02:34 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Cecil Moore wrote:

The ancient Summerians made a drawing of our
solar system including Uranus and Pluto which
are invisible to the naked eye.

Well, I make fun of "them", "it" and "their writings", however--I
probably shouldn't ...

Regards,
JS
Old August 30th 07, 02:35 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Owen Duffy wrote:
Roy Lewallen wrote in news:13dcljlrausna18
@corp.supernews.com:

I know the answer to that one! And I also know who would be making the
majority of the postings.

.... but, more importantly the last posting.

Owen

And describing those who did not agree with him as idiots and fools!

Dean -- W4IHK

Old August 30th 07, 02:46 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Dean Craft wrote:

And describing those who did not agree with him as idiots and fools!

Dean -- W4IHK

Well, that is certainly one way to look at it.

Another might be:

Fools simply stop asking questions, accept mysteries, have a religious
devotion to the idea, "All is already known!", shout at all who keep
looking in cupboards for clues, etc., etc. ... time has a way of working
some of this out.

Regards,
JS
Old August 30th 07, 04:15 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

John Smith wrote:
Dean Craft wrote:

And describing those who did not agree with him as idiots and fools!

Dean -- W4IHK

Well, that is certainly one way to look at it.

Another might be:

Fools simply stop asking questions, accept mysteries, have a religious
devotion to the idea, "All is already known!", shout at all who keep
looking in cupboards for clues, etc., etc. ... time has a way of working
some of this out.

I don't know anyone here that is that way. I do know people who have
the temerity to question wild claims, and not accept them as fact until
good and compelling proof is offered, or if it at least "works" to a
close approximation. It is a mark of wisdom to understand that is
prudent, not foolish.

Has a person stopped asking questions if they ask a question about some
new and unproven concept?

The idea is to answer or discuss the question, not deride the questioner.

Otherwise we sound like:

Person 1: Boy the US healthcare system has some big problems

Person 2: LIBERAL!

Person 1: It's hot out today.

Person 2: LIBERAL!

- 73 de Mike KB3EIA -

Old August 30th 07, 04:29 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Ohhh boy, another can of worms.

1) One mans poison is anothers' medicine.
2) People learn, a fool today--a genius tomorrow.
3) The three blind men go to see the elephant.
4) Mistakes are forgive-able.
5) etc.
6) etc.

I am afraid with your offering, I cannot offer fitting argument ... we
live, we learn.

Regards,
JS

Old August 30th 07, 04:30 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
art art is offline

On 30 Aug, 08:15, Michael Coslo wrote:
John Smith wrote:
Dean Craft wrote:

[...]

- 73 de Mike KB3EIA -- Hide quoted text -

John, to debate Proton s is to first describe it correctly.
Some would say that protons are without mass and composed only
of energy and onlso have momentum! Newton is quite clear that one has
to have mass to have momentum
and all the masters would state that you can't have equilibrium if a
photon does not have mass.
With respect to waves scientists state there are two types of waves!
It would appear that more experimentation is to take place before this
can be resoved.
Art

Old August 30th 07, 05:10 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

John Smith wrote:
"The photon/wave properties of rf still remains a mystery ... and proof
is hard to come by."

Proof of the wave property is abundant. Electrical energy escapes into
free space in the form of waves. Countless observations prove it.
The wavefront is composed of the electric and magnetic fields at right
angles to each other and both are at right angles to the direction of
travel.

Direction of the electric flux is called the polarization of the wave.

Voltage on a wire properly aligned with the electric field varies along
the length of the wire and not very much across the width of the wire.

Best regards, Richard Harrison, KB5WZI