Old October 14th 07, 03:40 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default New antenna

On Oct 13, 9:06 pm, "Jimmie D" wrote:
"Richard Fry" wrote in message

http://home.comcast.net/~disk100/waiting.htm

Old October 14th 07, 10:07 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On Oct 13, 9:28 pm, "Richard Fry" wrote:

I must agree with Art, I think you have displayed a complete lack of
good manners, what is written in private should stay as such unless
agreed otherwise by both parties.

Derek

Old October 14th 07, 10:33 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
art art is offline

On 14 Oct, 02:07, Derek wrote:
On Oct 13, 9:28 pm, "Richard Fry" wrote:

I must agree with Art, I think you have displayed a complete lack of
good manners, what is written in private should stay as such unless
agreed otherwise by both parties.

Derek

Gentlemen
I tuned my antenna this afternoon for 1.9 Mhz where the S meter was
regesting S9 noise.
Put a sheet of aluminium under it and the noise stayed at S9
Now I need to put a sheet of aluminium on the top of it to form a
capacitor
but that I can't do by myself as I need another pair of hands to rest
it on the top.
Hopefully my niehbor will show his face sometime in the next couple of
weeks so I
can complete the experiment. I made the antenna as large as I could
so when
it is inbetween the two 8 X 4 sheets I will see a difference in
signal.
Time to mow the grass for the last time and empty the gas tank for the
winter.
Art KB9MZ

Old October 14th 07, 10:41 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On Sun, 14 Oct 2007 14:33:06 -0700, art wrote:

I tuned my antenna this afternoon for 1.9 Mhz where the S meter was
regesting S9 noise.

Does this antenna get a gain of 3dB more noise?

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC
Old October 15th 07, 12:02 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

art wrote:

Time to mow the grass for the last time and empty the gas tank for the
winter.
Art KB9MZ

Be lazy--just dump a bit of gas stabilizer in! ;-)

JS

Old October 15th 07, 08:38 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
art art is offline

On 14 Oct, 16:55, "Jimmie D" wrote:
"John Smith" wrote in message

art wrote:

Time to mow the grass for the last time and empty the gas tank for the
winter.
Art KB9MZ

Be lazy--just dump a bit of gas stabilizer in! ;-)

JS

And crank it once a month

Jimmie

Finally got the aluminium sheets secured and now I have to find a
microphone
so I can work some low power over the next two weeks.
I am anxious to see if it will duplicale the bottom antenna of a stack
where
the capacitor/antenna bleeds off noise to the ground.
Antenna will stay sitting on the ground until I get a feel of how it
reacts in the coming days of showers.
It is set up as a cloud burner at the moment so I should get some
contacts.
All bands seem to be active so I will put a chair in the yard and play
Maybe even take a photo for the record!
Plenty of harmonics so most bands should be available
Art
Art

Old October 18th 07, 01:40 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On Oct 9, 11:35 pm, John Smith wrote:
art wrote:
www.newswise.com/articles/view/532935

Yeah, ole' Robert Vincent is a sore spot in the NG, I'd imagine. Made
A$$'es out of all the "experts" and continues to do so ... sometimes
there is real justice.

Regards,
JS

I especially liked the experts who wouldn't use a B&W antenna under
any circumstance because it was inefficient. Even when the uses
included ALE, frequent frequency changes, and use in hostile
environments. They just gotta squeeze every last db out of a piece of
wire.

Old October 18th 07, 05:21 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
art art is offline

On 17 Oct, 21:56, Roy Lewallen wrote:
wrote:

I especially liked the experts who wouldn't use a B&W antenna under
any circumstance because it was inefficient. Even when the uses
included ALE, frequent frequency changes, and use in hostile
environments. They just gotta squeeze every last db out of a piece of
wire.

Any "expert" who doesn't consider the application is no expert at all,
and certainly not even a competent engineer. Who are these people you're
speaking of, and why do you consider them "experts"?

Roy Lewallen, W7EL

Interesting aproach as to what a good engineer is.
It goes without saying that the application has to be considered, even
Yogi Bear
would have come up with a better one than that and he is not an
engineer.
As an engineer myself I consider a engineer or "expert" is one that
will consider
anything unless science has definitely ruled it out and that doesn't
neccesarily
include what has been written before the question arises. Natuarally
that means
not ruling out trying ANYTHING unless one considers their minds
developed enough
that it is satisfactory to go thru the thought processes only.
On that basis this newsgroup is full of fake " experts"!
Art KB9MZ

Old October 18th 07, 07:51 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Roy Lewallen wrote:

speaking of, and why do you consider them "experts"?

Roy Lewallen, W7EL

YEAH!

And besides, "Where's the beef?" ;-)

JS