Old October 13th 07, 01:42 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default B&W End-Fed Vee HF Antenna questions.

Anyone ever taken a moment to measure the values of the balun and
termination network in a B&W End-Fed Vee HF Antenna?

http://www.bwantennas.com/ama/veeant.ama.htm

I'm curious if the Balun is 1:1 and if you've measured the value
the resistive value of the balance network at the end of the wire is?

Your replies and thoughts as to how this antenna works?

thanks
skipp

skipp025 at yahoo.com

I saw someone selling the trerminators for this type of antenna at the
last hamfest I attended, I think it was the Wireman but not sure.

Probably a lot of bad things you could say about this antenna but it
will get you on-the-air with a minimum of fuss. Govt uses these a lot
for network communication where operation and setup is to be perfrmed
by someone of minimal training.

Jimmie

skipp025 at yahoo.com

Skipp;

According to the pricing list on the B&W web site it is 600 ohms.

Dave WD9BDZ

skipp025 at yahoo.com

I saw someone selling the trerminators for this type of antenna at the
last hamfest I attended, I think it was the Wireman but not sure.

Probably a lot of bad things you could say about this antenna but it
will get you on-the-air with a minimum of fuss. Govt uses these a lot
for network communication where operation and setup is to be perfrmed
by someone of minimal training.

Jimmie

Minimal training? Just because they're not making ditty-boppers any
more doesn't mean they are minimally trained.

The gov't uses these a lot for network communication where operation
includes ALE, frequent frequency changes, and use in environments
where adjusting antenna length several times a day may expose soldiers
and airmen to hostile fire.

Antenna Questions Larry Dighera Shortwave 6 February 9th 07 05:40 PM
SWL Antenna Questions Ben Sinclair Antenna 5 December 29th 05 05:41 PM
PAR EFL-SWL Antenna, and Inverted-L Antenna Questions Robert11 Shortwave 14 December 20th 05 02:01 PM
Antenna Questions... Jimbo General 2 September 29th 05 03:03 PM
Antenna Questions ASW Shortwave 26 December 8th 03 04:30 AM