Old April 23rd 08, 05:47 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default L.B. Cebik, W4RNL, SK

Tehrasha Darkon wrote:
On Tue, 22 Apr 2008, Tom Ring wrote:

I have 3 snapshots, 2 likely complete from 06 and 07, and one I just
tried this evening. Antennex is blocking site duplications a bit, plus
the site is slightly broken, which make a snapshot no longer possible,
at least easily.

Oh, I was only thinking of the 'Tales and Technicals' on cebik.com,
I hadnt considered the mirroring of antennex.

The snapshot of I took today seems to be intact with respect to
"Tales...", but I only human randomly checked about 25% of the links.

tom
K0TAR
Old April 23rd 08, 05:57 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Tehrasha Darkon wrote:
On Tue, 22 Apr 2008, Tom Ring wrote:

I have 3 snapshots, 2 likely complete from 06 and 07, and one I just
tried this evening. Antennex is blocking site duplications a bit, plus
the site is slightly broken, which make a snapshot no longer possible,
at least easily.

Oh, I was only thinking of the 'Tales and Technicals' on cebik.com,
I hadnt considered the mirroring of antennex.

And I think "Tales..." is intact.

tom
K0TAR
Old April 23rd 08, 12:15 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

In article , "J. Mc Laughlin"
wrote:

Thanks Roy for passing on the sad and unexpected news.

Professor Cebik's life is a good example of the positive influence that a
fan can have on a technical subject. Antennas are most distant from his
professional work, and yet we all know how much he contributed to an
understanding of our favorite subject.

We are diminished. Mac N8TT

Hello, all, and it is always sad when another silent key is added. I
don't make a habit of reading articles posted on antennex.com since it was
they who were (still are?) backers of the CFA and other flawed (IMO)
concepts. (I was surprised some years back when antennex.com published
Dr. John (Jack) Belrose's mythbusting paper on the CFA using the results
of a NEC model of that antenna.)
No doubt antennex.com also has promulgated some viable antenna designs.
Now, if non-engineers/non-physicists would just refrain from trying to
explain the underlying "theory" of operation behind their revolutionary
spare-time antenna designs. Please excuse the rant and I don't mean to
imply that W4RNL contributed to any of this. My best to W4RNL's family.
Sincerely, and 73's from N4GGO,

John Wood (Code 5550) e-mail:
Naval Research Laboratory
4555 Overlook Avenue, SW
Washington, DC 20375-5337
Old April 23rd 08, 06:35 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Roy Lewallen wrote:
I'm very sad to report that I've just received word that L.B. Cebik,
W4RNL, has passed away.

Roy Lewallen, W7EL

Sorry to hear this. His contributions in explaining
various aspects of antennas taught me a lot.

Irv VE6BP
Old April 24th 08, 12:48 AM
Junior Member

Location: Georgia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Lewallen View Post
I'm very sad to report that I've just received word that L.B. Cebik,
W4RNL, has passed away.

Roy Lewallen, W7EL
Please, someone. I had surgery last Thursday and my friend Roy last sent me flowers then. Via e-mail of course. When I tried to contact him on Friday to let him know I was doing well, I got no reply. What happened to him?

Old April 24th 08, 12:54 AM
Junior Member

Location: Georgia

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercywildchild View Post
Please, someone. I had surgery last Thursday and my friend Roy last sent me flowers then. Via e-mail of course. When I tried to contact him on Friday to let him know I was doing well, I got no reply. What happened to him?
Please, I am trying to post a message. I cannot tell whether it has gone through. Can someone please tell me what happened to Roy? Leo the cat, Jean's cat, died about two weeks ago. Roy was working on another antenna project. There were two inches of rain. There was weeding to do. Can someone please tell me what happened?
Old April 24th 08, 01:54 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On Tue, 22 Apr 2008, Tehrasha Darkon wrote:

On Tue, 22 Apr 2008, Tom Ring wrote:

I have 3 snapshots, 2 likely complete from 06 and 07, and one I just
tried this evening. Antennex is blocking site duplications a bit, plus
the site is slightly broken, which make a snapshot no longer possible,
at least easily.

Oh, I was only thinking of the 'Tales and Technicals' on cebik.com,
I hadnt considered the mirroring of antennex.

Wow, that was fast.
Antennex now requires registration (free) to access the cebik.com site.
I wonder how many thousand websites now contain broken reference links.

--
My mailbox is NOT an advertisement medium. Tehrasha Darkon
My address is NOT for sale, lease or rent.

Old April 24th 08, 03:03 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Tehrasha Darkon wrote in
:

Wow, that was fast.
Antennex now requires registration (free) to access the cebik.com
site. I wonder how many thousand websites now contain broken reference
links.

I am not surprised.

Antennax are commercial publishers, and they are the publishers of
cebik.com .

Whilst Cebik implored people to not bulk copy his site, he did offer the
option of a $35 CD from Antennax. The site contained measured to prevent
certain kinds of access. No doubt Antennax's action is to protect their
revenue stream.

I am sure that many publishers will be revising their websites to remove
links to Antennax's archived / restricted cebik.com site.

Owen

Old April 24th 08, 08:17 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On Apr 22, 5:08*pm, Roy Lewallen wrote:
I'm very sad to report that I've just received word that L.B.Cebik,
W4RNL, has passed away.

I never met him, but his books and more than anything his website
contained infinite amounts of wisdom and experience on every subject
from antenna modeling massive UHF arrays on modern computers to
boiling wooden dowels in parrafin to make ladder-line spacers, and
everything in-between. I miss his wisdom already!!!!

N3QE