Old May 27th 08, 08:08 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default Sunspot cycle more dud than radiation flood

Alan Peake wrote:

Cecil Moore wrote:

M0WYM wrote:

So you can't trust statistics - wow that's news.

Can we trust the statistic that says the global-warming/ice-age
cycle has repeated itself at 90K-150k year intervals for the
last half million years?

No. There are indications are that the cycles which correlate with ice
ages, may not produce the conditions for another ice age for the next
60,000 years.
Alan

There are also indications that global temperature correlates
inversely with the total number of pirates. The only actual
correlation is of course that the respective numbers are plotted on a
graph; one versus the other. A cause and effect relationship has not
been demonstrated, but the "indications" might lead someone to assume
there was one.

ac6xg

Old May 31st 08, 12:56 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"Jim Kelley" wrote in message
Michael Coslo wrote:

Buy Febreeze stock........

Proctor and Gamble closed at $65.27 today. It paid $0.40 a share last
quarter.

Hi Mike, speaking of things that are possible, it's possible that the hot
air Al Gore produces has contributed more to global warming than anything
else. Personally, I don't believe that. I think it's caused by the Sun.

ac6xg

-----------

Years ago I noticed a change in the color of the light being emitted by the
Sun. I also noticed a difference in how it felt on my arm while driving the
car. At the time I attributed the differences to my own personal aging.
Lately I have begun to think that my first suspicions were correct.
Something had changed in the nature of the solar output.

This would also partially account for the melting of the polar ice caps on
Mars. I find it odd that I haven't been able to find any confirming data
from respectable scientific sources illustrating a change in solar output.
Maybe I missed it?

Ed, NM2K

Old May 31st 08, 11:56 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"Ed Cregger" wrote in message

"Jim Kelley" wrote in message
Michael Coslo wrote:

[...]

you can't trust mars, we have landed too many probes there now and they are
obviously contributing to the warming. They are even measuring warming on
Jupiter and we have only had one or two probes burn up there i think.

Old June 1st 08, 07:43 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"Dave" wrote in message

"Ed Cregger" wrote in message

"Jim Kelley" wrote in message
Michael Coslo wrote:

[...]

----------

Damn! You're right. I hadn't thought of that possibility. Plus the Jupiter
thing. After all, we nuked Junpiter.

Ed, NM2K

Old June 2nd 08, 01:13 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

I tuned into this thread to get the latest thinking about the sunspot
cycle and what did I find? A discussion of federal budgeting and
welfare babies. Boy is this thread miss named!

Old June 2nd 08, 07:31 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Ed Cregger wrote:

I find it odd that I haven't been able to find any confirming data
from respectable scientific sources illustrating a change in solar output.

I have trouble finding data that doesn't show changes in solar output.

ac6xg

Old June 3rd 08, 03:01 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

David J Windisch wrote:
Shucks, Ed, simply google ' change in solar output '

First listing:
http://www.space.com/scienceastronom...ut_030320.html

"In what could be the simplest explanation for one component
of global warming, a new study shows the Sun's radiation has
increased by .05 percent per decade since the late 1970s."
--
73, Cecil http://www.w5dxp.com

First sunspot of cycle 24 spotted, gloom and doom perdicted :-) robert casey Dx 0 January 5th 08 10:56 PM
Sunspot Cycle 24 SW4ever Shortwave 5 September 3rd 07 08:12 PM
Sunspot cycle/Propagation - Vince[_2_] Shortwave 8 March 4th 07 04:19 PM
Sunspot cycle info please FAZAMY Dx 10 January 1st 04 10:54 AM
Sunspot cycle info please FAZAMY Dx 0 December 31st 03 03:35 PM