Old June 10th 08, 10:26 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default Unwin antennas

On Jun 10, 1:14 am, Brian Howie wrote:
In message , Helmut Wabnig
writes

On Mon, 09 Jun 2008 11:26:34 -0400, Christopher Cox
wrote:

Read this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neutrino

Re-write this:
http://unwinantennas.com/

That unwin page is full utter nonsense.
Absolute crackpottery.

Deep joy, megacyclymolds folloloping out of the endybits.

Brian Howie

So sayeth Art..

Remember that on our radiators the surface is completely covered by
particles that started out as neutrinos

Would those be fig neutrinos?
All this new science talk is making me hungry...
Old June 10th 08, 10:37 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

wrote:

Read this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neutrino

Re-write this:
http://unwinantennas.com/

That unwin page is full utter nonsense.
Absolute crackpottery.

Deep joy, megacyclymolds folloloping out of the endybits.

Brian Howie

So sayeth Art...

However, all is not lost since the tank circuit and the pendulum
mechanism produce identical oscillations for a particular period.

Whew! that's a relief.. Would this be kind of like a perpetual
cuckoo clock? Or would this resemble the identical amounts
of motion that the little dancing people do when it's O-clock?
"Note" Many cheap cuckoo clocks only have a small bird that
jumps out of the little door near the top.
But some higher level cuckoo clocks have little dancing people
that dance around in a perfect circle. Being as they are mechanically
affixed to some kind of plate, I assume you could say these
dancers are in a state of equilibrium..
This new science is making me hungry... I need a fig neutrino...
Old June 10th 08, 10:49 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

wrote:

Read this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neutrino

Re-write this:
http://unwinantennas.com/

That unwin page is full utter nonsense.
Absolute crackpottery.

Deep joy, megacyclymolds folloloping out of the endybits.

Brian Howie

So sayeth Art...

With reference to the now smaller radiators, the new definition for a
radiator can now be achieved by two Meander type circuits on different
levels and connected such that the combination is in equilibrium.

You could patent that one as a Meanderlibrium antenna.
I tried a fig neutrino.. Had no taste at all.. I've seen shoe boxes
wrapped with 22 gauge wire with more flavor to them..

Old June 10th 08, 10:54 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

wrote:

Read this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neutrino

Re-write this:
http://unwinantennas.com/

That unwin page is full utter nonsense.
Absolute crackpottery.

Deep joy, megacyclymolds folloloping out of the endybits.

Brian Howie

So sayeth Art..

Derived oscillations for a 12 inch diameter close contra -wound
helical antenna in equilibrium with a length of 12 inches Wire used is
approximately 2 thousand feet of
19 a.w.g magnet wire and without the implementation of a variometer or
a progression of jumpers to bring continuity to the SWR in the less
than 3:1 level of impedance.
Note. No tuner losses are encountered and the antenna in equilibrium
is placed on top of a tower without the need for a ground plane where
it follows the rules of a traveling wave antenna.

I had thought it followed the rules of the average dummy load...
But yea, who is worried about any puny amount of tuner loss
when you got 2000 feet of 19 gauge wire loading in the program.. :/
Isn't new science wonderful!
Old June 10th 08, 10:57 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

wrote:

Read this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neutrino

Re-write this:
http://unwinantennas.com/

That unwin page is full utter nonsense.
Absolute crackpottery.

Deep joy, megacyclymolds folloloping out of the endybits.

Brian Howie

So sayeth Art...

1. As the particles decay over time they are pushed into the surface
of materials by the impact of succeeding arrival of particles up to a
certain depth called ‘skin depth’.

Kind of like stomping grapes to make wine!
This new science can be intoxicating!

Old June 10th 08, 11:09 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

wrote:

Read this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neutrino

Re-write this:
http://unwinantennas.com/

That unwin page is full utter nonsense.
Absolute crackpottery.

Deep joy, megacyclymolds folloloping out of the endybits.

Brian Howie

Dang, all that pondering of new science depleted my
daily allotment of googlings.
But I have other doors to this place... :/
Whew, besides all this new science pondering has me tuckered out..
I'm going to go outside and see if I can see the Milky Way.
You all can take two aspirin and call me in the morning
with any updates on this new technology I've been learnin
myself.
Old June 10th 08, 07:04 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

AI4QJ wrote:

John, "As always" you are posting pure BS in your constant search to look
for a petty argument in which your persona can then pose as one who prefers
to take the high road. If you really prefer to take the high road, then do
so; don't try to preach to everyone else that this is what YOU do, therefore
the rest of us should do the same. Sorry "John" but the road you take is
neither high nor low. Your persona, like your usenet id, is a mere
abstraction which explains your fondness with Art's fantasy antennas

As always, idiots are easy to find; and, especially those who wish to
tell everyone else what they are, who they are and what they need to do.

I suggest you focus on yourself; that is the only person you have power
over ...

Regards,
JS
Old June 10th 08, 07:31 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Christopher Cox wrote:

What I am saying is Thunderbird made it look like you were responding to
my post with a "Works for me!", which you were not.

Moving Thunderbird's settings from:
View-Threads-Unread
View-Threads-All
I was able to see you were actually responding to Art's post.

That being said, my response was not out of hand, but I did wonder why
the tone of your post was as such.
Now I understand.

Wow, a little dense here. Got you now.

Thunderbird is my favorite newsreader. Thank you for making me aware of
what was happening. Now I wonder if this has happened before and taken
advantage of my ignorance? Well, at least I have a chance of watching
out for this now! Sorry for any misunderstanding on my part.

I just copy-the-mail mostly here; I believe you mentioned you tend to
do the same also. New ideas, methods, designs, new construction
methods, new ways of looking at old ideas, etc. are what I mainly search
for in my personal interests; And, those who share some of their
knowledge and use of smith charts, maths, etc. are always of interest to
me. Too often threads are just a rehash of some tried-and-true antenna
design and construction methods. While this is always of interest to
newbies, and should be if not, I tend to skip over them (or, been there,
done that, built it, etc.)

However, I was collecting a lot of material on conventional antennas,
matching circuits, SWR bridges, etc. and properly indexing it so someone
asking a common question or seeking a common design could be referred
there without reinventing some ancient conversation describing their
constructions, workings, operation, etc.; But, some evil person broke
in while I was on holiday and stole a lot of computer equipment here.
Among the computer equipment stolen was the USB external hard drive
containing the website I was constructing. I have just started the
project all over ... A few individuals here have already done this, to
some degree and have some material on baluns/ununs, antennas, etc. on a
website and available for view.

Warm regards,
JS
Old June 10th 08, 07:42 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

wrote:
Read this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neutrino
Re-write this:
http://unwinantennas.com/
That unwin page is full utter nonsense.
Absolute crackpottery.

Deep joy, megacyclymolds folloloping out of the endybits.

Brian Howie

Sayeth Art,

2. All dynamic particles have a degree of torque or spin which aids directional movement within the universe.

The universe is a big rifle.. I wonder what the rate of twist
is.... :/

Static particles has a less spin which allows a scattering of movement after ejection from the sun’s arbitrary field to various parts of the universe and beyond, included what is known as the milky way constellation.

How can a static particle move, much less have spin? I'm confused..
I guess it's because I don't have the vast education that Art had in
some
past life. I say past life, because judging from most I read, he must
have
forgotten everything he learned.. Either that or he just wants to be
different
and proclaims all prior art as something to be ignored.
I do agree to his statement as to the existence of the Milky Way.
But... even a redneck dummy like me knows it's a galaxy, not a
constellation. I guess his astronomy learnin was in a past life
also...
I like to look at it, but I can only see it well when I'm out in the
sticks.
You generally can't see the Milky Way in the city limits of Houston.
Too much light pollution.

But lets ponder a "static" particle that decided to propel itself
across the great lawn of outer space all the way to the Milky Way.
I wonder what will happen when these "static" particles that decided
to move, clash with the like particles being ejected by all the
zillions
of stars in the Milky Way galaxy. Will they collide with a mighty
flash of light? Will they taunt each other to fight? Would they
combine
to form "Unwin particles" which begin to twist in a opposite
direction?
Maybe we could name these "Articles" in Art's honor. Well, in Art's
case, I'm sure he would prefer honour. I think that would be the UK
version.
Makes my head swim considering all the possibilities of this
"New Science"...

Don't knock it. I've taken down my HF tribander, 40m beam, 160m
inverted L and put up antennas based upon my interpretations of the vast
storehouse of technical data posted by Art in the past. Not only are
the new antennas much, much smaller, I've been able to contact others in
several negative galaxies. ;-)

Wouldn't you love to be a fly on the wall in the Patent Office?

Dave K8MN

Old June 10th 08, 10:26 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Dave, K8MN wrote:
"Wouldn`t you like to be a fly on the wall in the Patent Office?"

My perception of Art`s latest is a dipole composed of elements
consisting of 1/4-wavelengths in effect but constructed of helices of
1/2-wavelengths of wire.

My 20th edition of "The ARRL Antenna Book" on page 16-13 says:
"The general approach has been to use a coil made from heavy wire (#14
or larger) with length-to-diameter ratios as high as 21. British
experimenters have reported good results with 8-foot overall lengths on
the 1.8 and 3.5 MHz bands."

Also, on page 78 of "All About Vertical Antennas" by William Orr, W6SAI
and Stu Cowan:
"In general, a half-wavelength of no. 14 formvar-coated wire is spirally
wrapped around the form, with turn spacing approximately equal to the
wire diameter. This amount of wire will approximate a quarter-wave
resonance."

The Unwin Antenna seems to be in Richard Clark`s phrase: "Prior Art".

Best regards, Richard Harrison, KB5WZI

Pictures of your antennas in the Antennas in the World directory oli Antenna 0 June 25th 07 10:01 AM
WTB 80/40 Mor-gain or Antennas West PM Antennas David Thompson Antenna 0 November 3rd 06 10:38 PM
Antennas [email protected] Shortwave 0 February 24th 06 05:48 PM
My Name Is Arthur Unwin Tim Conway Antenna 0 July 27th 03 10:03 PM