Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old June 21st 08, 06:05 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default BIG Brothers' attack on USENET--i.e. our forum here ...

John Smith wrote:
Robert Smits wrote:

No, thanks. Yahoo groups are NOT the same as Usenet or a reasonable
substitute for international newsgroups with nntp feeds. A better
alternative at the moment are alternate newsfeeds like giganews.

--
Bob Smits, Ladysmith, BC

"What a wonder is USENET; such wholesale production of conjecture from such
a trifling investment in fact." -- Carl S. Gutekunst

Well said.

However the low bandwidth requirements of newsgroups should be included
in any decent ISPs' services, IMHO.

Low bandwidth my ass, a full USENET feed is gigabytes per day.

Know nothing fool.

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.

My brothers love Lance Adair CB 0 May 26th 07 12:21 PM
Democrats just want to attack the Bible, they don't want to attack terrorists. Slow Code Antenna 0 December 11th 06 01:49 AM
Ancestral Importance by the Blues Brothers Len Anderson Policy 0 January 26th 05 09:49 PM
Home Intruder Killed By Brothers news CB 9 December 12th 04 07:40 AM