Old July 11th 08, 06:10 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default Solar cycle: normal

There have been some suggestions that the sun is not behaving normally
with respect to the sunspot cycle. There was a thread in this group a
month ago with the title, "Sunspot cycle more dud than radiation
flood." If you're worried about that, you might want to have a look
at http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/y2...htm?list174385.
Old July 11th 08, 06:27 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On Jul 11, 12:10 pm, K7ITM wrote:
There have been some suggestions that the sun is not behaving normally
with respect to the sunspot cycle. There was a thread in this group a
month ago with the title, "Sunspot cycle more dud than radiation
flood." If you're worried about that, you might want to have a look
athttp://science.nasa.gov/headlines/y2008/11jul_solarcycleupdate.htm?li....

When the Earths pole stop traversing the plains of Siberier instead of
continueing its present path
I will be more comfortable
Old July 11th 08, 09:27 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"K7ITM" wrote in message
There have been some suggestions that the sun is not behaving normally
with respect to the sunspot cycle. There was a thread in this group a
month ago with the title, "Sunspot cycle more dud than radiation
flood." If you're worried about that, you might want to have a look
at
http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/y2...htm?list174385.

Tnx Tom, why are there a number of folks totally occupied with trying to
keep the rest of us worried? If it's not the tree huggers and their carbon
footprint, it's some other condition that implies the end of life as we know
it. Could it be that they are intent on keeping us from noticing the guy
behind the curtain?

Regards
W4ZCB

Old July 11th 08, 10:05 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On Fri, 11 Jul 2008, K7ITM wrote:

There have been some suggestions that the sun is not behaving normally
with respect to the sunspot cycle.

Can the sun really do anything that isnt 'normal' ?
It is man-kinds stunted view of what normal should be that is abnormal.

The sun is not adhering to our predictions based on previous observations.
Bad, bad sun. No cookie for you.

--
My mailbox is NOT an advertisement medium. Tehrasha Darkon
My address is NOT for sale, lease or rent.

Old July 11th 08, 10:28 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

K7ITM wrote:
There have been some suggestions that the sun is not behaving normally
with respect to the sunspot cycle. There was a thread in this group a
month ago with the title, "Sunspot cycle more dud than radiation
flood." If you're worried about that, you might want to have a look
at http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/y2...htm?list174385.

I don't believe anyone will do a thing, until:

1) We can no longer breath the air with out pain and all the birds are gone.

2) The coral reefs, and there for the fish, are dead (salmon are already
going that way.)

3) Ocean acidification has destroyed all oyster, clams, crabs, shrimp,
abalone, lobster, etc... (it is beginning now.)

4) Etc., etc., etc. ...

I would like to think different, but nothing has changed ... Rome burns
while Nero fiddles ... no, greed, corruption and lack of vision will
lead us where it always has ...

Regards,
JS

Old July 12th 08, 07:20 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"John Smith" wrote in message
K7ITM wrote:
[...]

----------------

We do not possess an all powerful one world government, John. How else could
anything be done?

If we continue on our present path, there is a chance that billions of
people and other species could die as a consequence.

The sad truth is that if there was one world government that was all
powerful, the only way it could reduce the strain on the world's ecosystem
is to kill billions of people. Gee, that sounds familiar, doesn't it?

It is easy to say "do something". But when asked precisely what and by whom,
things fall apart in a hurry.

Anything that could be done, will affect people, their economies, their
futures, their children, etc. Who is going to voluntarily put a gun to their
head and eliminate themselves from the true problem being experienced by the
Earth?

Ed Cregger

Old July 12th 08, 10:00 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Ed Cregger wrote:

----------------

We do not possess an all powerful one world government, John. How else could
anything be done?

If we continue on our present path, there is a chance that billions of
people and other species could die as a consequence.

The sad truth is that if there was one world government that was all
powerful, the only way it could reduce the strain on the world's ecosystem
is to kill billions of people. Gee, that sounds familiar, doesn't it?

It is easy to say "do something". But when asked precisely what and by whom,
things fall apart in a hurry.

Anything that could be done, will affect people, their economies, their
futures, their children, etc. Who is going to voluntarily put a gun to their
head and eliminate themselves from the true problem being experienced by the
Earth?

Ed Cregger

Absolutely not ...

"They" have simply designed the world wrong. We need our jobs closer to
our homes. We need small manufacturing plants close to cities, and of
varying products so as supply the most needs of the city as possible.
Mass transportation in place of single cars ... etc, etc ...

We need to manufacture "things" to last a lifetime or two, and out of
metal, wood and glass--instead of cheap plastic poisons to fill our
dumps, streams and oceans with ...

Etc, etc, etc ...

Oh no, it is all easily "fixable", it just won't be done--greed and
corruption take a far different path--one which always ends in the end
of the particular civilization in question ... look at the cheap plastic
"toy" radios we have today--a sharp contrast to the sturdy metal/glass
cases of yesteryear ...

Those who know NOT their history are doomed to repeat that history ...
today they "rewrite history" in the image "they" wish ...

Regards,
JS
Old July 12th 08, 12:30 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"K7ITM" wrote in message
There have been some suggestions that the sun is not behaving normally
with respect to the sunspot cycle. There was a thread in this group a
month ago with the title, "Sunspot cycle more dud than radiation
flood." If you're worried about that, you might want to have a look
at
http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/y2...htm?list174385.

The sun may have been behaving abnormally and is now be returning to normal!

Have a look at http://members.optushome.com.au/vk6y...olarcycles.htm

Old July 16th 08, 07:18 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

"John Smith" wrote

[...]

-----------

No offense intended, but the first really scary thing that I learned as an
adult was that there is no "they". It is all random. See, I told you that
was scary.

One man's corruption is another man's politics...

Looking back with 20-20 hindsight, it is simple to see how things could have
been accomplished in much more efficient manners. Who would have gussed that
chemical companies' run-off (ditching) would affect the world so negatively?
I lived in a community whose main source of income was the production of
various chemicals. Just like the old smoking ads that claimed that smoking
was good for you (yes, they did, in fact, exist and were uttered by our
government), we blue collar kids were told that chemicals and fumes were
good for you. I swear to God. It's true. Seems hard to believe today, but in
those days, TV was only on the air for six to seven hours a day and no one,
but no one, spread negative news toward industry.

Anyway, we have another chance, in fact, multitude chances, to save our
civilization. But it will probably spring from technologies and ways of
thinking which we cannot even imagine presently.

Try to enjoy the good things and times while they are here, for they too are
transitory. And just in case you forgot, so are we.

Ed Cregger

Old July 16th 08, 08:06 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Ed Cregger wrote:

-----------

No offense intended, but the first really scary thing that I learned as an
adult was that there is no "they". It is all random. See, I told you that
was scary.

Well, I differ, the "they" are those in power with the chance to make
things better, or make a buck--however, we seem to live in a world where
this two things are mutually exclusive! If it were I or you, or we
together, who were the ones in "power", we would face great temptations
to do the same--sell out our fellow citizens to fatten our wallets. The
safeguards, which were once in place, are now gone--money purchasing
your congressmen and senators fixed that ...

Anyway, we have another chance, in fact, multitude chances, to save our
civilization. But it will probably spring from technologies and ways of
thinking which we cannot even imagine presently.

Try to enjoy the good things and times while they are here, for they too are
transitory. And just in case you forgot, so are we.

Ed Cregger

We are indeed in a time of GREAT transition. The gold in the gold
fields is gone. The BIG trees in the forests have all been harvested.
In the Sierra Nevada's, "they" have left belts of trees along the
highways for aesthetics, but venture a little ways off these highways
and you find great areas of clear cut land. In the old days, one single
log could fill a logging truck; today, these trucks appear to be
carrying loads of pencils! Every acre of ground is now in the hands of
private citizens, companies/corps or the gov't. All the farm ground is
now in production which is economically feasible to grow crops on; we
tax the reserves of cheaply available fertilizer we have left to raise
these crops. Every gallon of water in the lakes, rivers and streams is
owned by some entity.

Without anymore natural resources to exploit--we now face a much
different world. While capitalism was wonderful when resources were
abundantly plentiful to be raped, it will now be interesting to see how
it functions.

I see a world with vast numbers of impoverished "have-nothings" and a
few members of a ruling class with their knaves and female servents ...
but come hell-or-high-water, we shall see this "new world order." The
gears which bring it turn now; and, I see none powerful enough to halt them.

But then, I digress from antennas ...

Regards,
JS

New solar cycle? Jeffrey Herman Dx 1 January 9th 08 08:02 PM
New solar cycle? Jeffrey Herman Info 0 January 9th 08 07:48 AM
Solar Cycle Definitely Improving Telamon Shortwave 0 December 3rd 07 01:09 AM
SOLAR CYCLE jstrain4 Shortwave 2 April 22nd 07 12:55 AM
Solar Cycle 24 Teenagedeathboy Shortwave 1 March 7th 06 06:32 PM