Old July 27th 08, 07:25 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default Lakeview 2 meter colinear as a base antenna: High SWR, radial length?

I have been putting together a 2m colinear in a mount bracket for
portable base use. I cut three 19.5" radials and noticed that I cannot
get the antenna under 2:1 swr. I adjusted the whip for 44" as
instructed. Changing lengths did not get me under 2:1. It just changed
the resonance point. Does the whip HAVE to be cut so too much does not
go into the antenna? I adjusted it to the needed length, but did NOT
cut the whip. I know that lakeview also makes this antenna in a base
station configuration. Does anyone know what size radials Lakeview
uses? Are the radials for this antenna primarily for decoupling? If
anyone has experience with this antenna in this configuration, any
ideas would be appreciated. Thanks!

Frank WQ1O

FS:Hustler 2 Mtr Colinear G7-144 Base Antenna Jerry Antenna 0 October 3rd 06 10:04 PM
How High will my Shortwave Listener (SWL) Quarter Wave Length (1/4 WL) Vertical Antenna Need To Be ? RHF Shortwave 0 December 27th 05 06:25 PM
Elevated radial length? K4ia Antenna 5 June 9th 05 06:27 AM
Colinear 2 meter antenna question Ken Bessler Antenna 3 November 19th 04 05:21 AM
What is the length of a 5/8s wavelength 2 meter antenna? Moody1951 Equipment 50 April 22nd 04 03:04 PM